A roadmap for Optimism

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The majority of clots appear to be the ones making decisions to suspend the vaccination programmes. Ed

Quantas have decided to start offering 'mystery flights' whereby passengers don't know their destination until they step on board. Obviously Ryanair have been doing this for years but I wonder whether

As a lifelong BF fan and regular user of their services, we must never forget that in the main it is not the French who patronise BF ferries but the Brits (including Daily Mail readers!). The success

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gareth said:

Maybe there is mileage after all in that Roscoff to Ardrossan route that we pontificated on a while ago then! 🤣

My theoretical "head office" is in Ardrossan, so if you could just replace Roscoff with St Malo we would be very grateful...

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, colin said:

My theoretical "head office" is in Ardrossan, so if you could just replace Roscoff with St Malo we would be very grateful...

I’d have thought you’d sail it Colin!  Probably manage the round trip in a week! (Provided the weather played ball!) 😄

16 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I’d have thought you’d sail it Colin!  Probably manage the round trip in a week! (Provided the weather played ball!) 😄

Well ,we do sell sailing yachts .... motor yachts as well, but more expensive on fuel and less fun. I was thinking of direct deliveries, on board conferences, shindigs etc.

28 minutes ago, Chef said:

Maybe a mini cruise to Ardrossan via the west and north coast of Ireland , I notice the cliffs of Moher  in the video .

Now you're talking. Can we stop on demand?

On 25/02/2021 at 14:40, Gareth said:

Maybe there is mileage after all in that Roscoff to Ardrossan route that we pontificated on a while ago then! 🤣

A crossing linking Ardrossan to Brittany would certainly appeal to me, although Ardrossan does suffer from tricky conditions.

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

Google translate is struggling with that one. 

Ed

In my very best/worst English accent "no bother at all".

Our marina manager will get stroppy if a great galumpin ferry blocks the harbour entrance.

I thoroughly recommend a meal at Cecchini's whilst you are waiting.

21 minutes ago, colin said:

In my very best/worst English accent "no bother at all".

Our marina manager will get stroppy if a great galumpin ferry blocks the harbour entrance.

I thoroughly recommend a meal at Cecchini's whilst you are waiting.

Colin, we're crossing to Arran in July and my sister say's we should meet in an Italian place by the port, is that the one?

2 minutes ago, jonno said:

Colin, we're crossing to Arran in July and my sister say's we should meet in an Italian place by the port, is that the one?

That will be it. Just behind our offices. Well, when I say ours, I mean the old friends whose name I operate under. They developed the marina and boatyard and run the boat sales. Nice at my stage of like to have folk doing all the hard work for you....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, colin said:

That will be it. Just behind our offices. Well, when I say ours, I mean the old friends whose name I operate under. They developed the marina and boatyard and run the boat sales. Nice at my stage of like to have folk doing all the hard work for you....

I'll need to giggle mop it as I want to find the ASDA too. Cheers!

Yer cannae miss ASDA, on your left as you drive in towards the terminal, at the roundabout. Right at that same roundabout and you can see Cecchini's in front of you.

There is no way I wold have got my wife on that ferry! Thank goodness at Portsmouth or Plymouth the ferries all look very calm when loading......and you can be in your bunk before the rocking starts, having enjoyed the buffet first of course!

1 minute ago, mjturner said:

There is no way I wold have got my wife on that ferry! Thank goodness at Portsmouth or Plymouth the ferries all look very calm when loading......and you can be in your bunk before the rocking starts, having enjoyed the buffet first of course!

You missed a few pints or glasses of wine,before retreating to the cabin.stay safe

With bigger and bigger ferries, the berth used moved to the west side of the pier, which is pretty exposed and very short. There has been, and still is talk about more outer protection breakwaters, as well as my friends looking at extending the marina and similar facilites to the north of the existing marina basin. So much old industrial land, but needs depolluting. Amazing how these old industrial towns had so much green space. No one noticed till satellite imagery came along.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, nodwad said:

You missed a few pints or glasses of wine,before retreating to the cabin.stay safe

More likely on that boat it would have been a case of - Q. "Did you drink much before you went to the cabin?" A. No I spilt most of it!"

20 hours ago, mjturner said:

You don't remember the original Armorique then, boarding her once my partner was seasick getting out of the car on the car deck in Plymouth -  not a terribly good seakeeping ship that one.....

Rhys

Ah! The old Armorique. I loved that ship. I remember standing on the aft deck when the family were all in their bunks and looking at the twin funnels against the night sky en route to St Malo to start one of our Gite holidays. Wonderful days (sigh!)

• Like 5
  • Gareth locked this topic