Passenger travel to and from France/ Spain

1 hour ago, AmigoCirculo said:

However, a negative PCR test is required 72 hours beforehand, which brings back the old chestnut of how that can work with a 24+ hour ferry crossing, given that for example Boots says results will typically be returned within 48 hours.

Spain also accepts Lamp tests which are available at a few airports, however hopefully this rule will go before they properly open up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mitchell32 said:

Yes so I see, but in my newspaper it was tucked away in a small column in the corner as if it was of little significance. I thought the entire country was waiting for news about when foreign travel can re-commence, and whether it will be May 17th or beyond. Personally, I welcome the earlier announcement on this even if it's going to be bad news, at least then we'll know if we're coming or going!

Agreed.

Would it be a good gesture by BF to stop taking balance payments until a date is announced. We have a booking for early June. BF will collect the balance early April (before the 5th). I don't particularly want to move it again as the price will have increased. I can of course move it out to delay payment but if I move it back the price will almost certainly have gone up

Ok guys, so.....I am still in the process of wading through the Optimism thread to get on top of the large number of off-topic posts, and now this thread has been reported.  It seems as if the same off-topic discussions about the political aspects of vaccination programmes have just migrated across to this thread.

Until we’ve got on top of things, I have therefore placed this thread on post moderation.  All posts to this thread will require moderator approval before they are displayed - and, to be transparent, only posts that are on the topic of travel to France and Spain with BF will be approved.  Those of you that want to discuss the politics of vaccination programmes are reminded that that those discussions belong elsewhere and that BFE is a Ferry Enthusiasts’ forum.

• Like 3

Yes, sorry about this, the post approval facility seems not to be working.

Nothing more to say on this subject until the status of foreign travel becomes clearer, so suspending the thread until that happens.

• Like 1
  • Gareth locked this topic
  • Gareth unlocked and locked this topic