Message added by Andy,

We have received the below open invitation from Brittany Ferries, which they have requested we share:

Dear BFE members,

We hope you and yours are keeping well.

Many of you are already aware that we’re currently working on a major project that will totally transform our website.

The first part of this is the launch of a brand-new online ferry booking experience. 

This new system has many advantages – here are just a few of them. It offers simpler navigation, with fewer clicks to book. It’s easier to check availability when booking pet travel. Vehicle pricing is more accurate, using your vehicle registration.

As regular and well-informed customers, we thought you’d appreciate the opportunity to see and try out this new booking system. And we’d very much appreciate any feedback – good or bad – that you have.

If you’d like to take a look, please click the link below and have a look around. Please leave your feedback in this thread, and we’ll keep a close eye on it. 

We very much hope you will like it, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions.

https://beta.brittany-ferries.co.uk/

Best wishes,

The Brittany Ferries commercial team

Just now, Gareth said:

That’s quite a collection of critical tidal gates on that passage Colin!

Indeed. Learnt from the best though that there is one thing you must do, which before heading south, in prevailing west or SW winds, is to go further west that you think necessary, then a bit further west, and maybe a bit further still .... If you do not clear well west of the Casquets and then les Hanois, you are doomed.

• Like 1
  • Andy changed the title to New look BF website

Looks to me like another retrograde move. How do you find a proper timetable as opposed to a list of the next 2 day's sailings in one direction only

• Like 3
On 27/02/2021 at 11:32, David Williams said:

It is a shame that BF did not share this link officially with BFE !

My comments are generally favourable apart from cabin selection.

For the regular user, we just need a simple table showing price and availability with links to the descriptions, for the infrequent users the new style may be ok. 

I like the way that 'add ons' work for booking Galacia lounge access in normal cabins, CV selection is also better.

So generally I find this better, however cabin selection is an irritant.

I would also like to see more filtering when finding available sailings, at present it is just based on route, passengers and car type - as has been said a number of times we should also be able to optionally filter on cabin type so that we can see available sailings with Commodore or pet cabins.

It has always been a pain booking pet friendly cabins or kennels.you have to go through the entire booking then at the end.it tells you no pet friendly cabins or kennels available for that crossing.so you have to go though the whole thing again.i was asked to try the new system out but for some reason it was keep crashing.i had it on since but did not go through everything.stay safe

3 hours ago, Eric said:

Looks to me like another retrograde move. How do you find a proper timetable as opposed to a list of the next 2 day's sailings in one direction only

Totally agree.  Finding the timetables in this new new website is even worse than trying to find them in the current new website.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Gareth said:

Totally agree.  Finding the timetables in this new new website is even worse than trying to find them in the current new website.

Same here - I mean you click on Portsmouth, and it shows a non-existant Portsmouth Le havre route?? It's always interesting to see any different ferry trips coming up (ie when Normandie/MSM was sent to LH pre refit, and other random moves). This feels a downgrade to the old timetables. 

What was wrong with the old website? Just because somethign is new and shiny, doesn't always make it better. It wasn't even that old

On 26/02/2021 at 18:25, westy said:

It is also difficult to 'go back one page' which is another attribute of phone based applications. 

The lack of a "back arrow" facility has  been a pain for at least 20 years sometimes you have clear the booking and start again from srcatch.

On 27/02/2021 at 11:33, David Williams said:

I find this more user friendly than punch cards and paper tape !

The Teletype ASR 33 (35) was also available! If somewhat unreliable.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, colinschandler said:

The lack of a "back arrow" facility has  been a pain for at least 20 years sometimes you have clear the booking and start again from srcatch.

I agree. So much better on hotel / train booking sites where route / location show and can be changed without having to reinput everything.

• Like 3

We have received the below open invitation from Brittany Ferries, which they have requested we share:

Dear BFE members,

We hope you and yours are keeping well.

Many of you are already aware that we’re currently working on a major project that will totally transform our website.

The first part of this is the launch of a brand-new online ferry booking experience. 

This new system has many advantages – here are just a few of them. It offers simpler navigation, with fewer clicks to book. It’s easier to check availability when booking pet travel. Vehicle pricing is more accurate, using your vehicle registration.

As regular and well-informed customers, we thought you’d appreciate the opportunity to see and try out this new booking system. And we’d very much appreciate any feedback – good or bad – that you have.

If you’d like to take a look, please click the link below and have a look around. Please leave your feedback in this thread, and we’ll keep a close eye on it. 

We very much hope you will like it, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts and questions.

https://beta.brittany-ferries.co.uk/

Best wishes,

The Brittany Ferries commercial team

• Like 2

Just had a quick look - liked it, but could not see how to display the timetable for (say) a month view.

Well done BF. I see that UX (a buzz word for User Experience) is at last catching on. Long overdue.

Son No. 2 is doing a course at Glasgow on UX to support his business. 

Keep it clean and clear and no Covid warnings please.

Stu

I agree with previous comments; I like to see the timetable so that I can plan a few dates around other things such as booking a gîte (via BF or others), or an overnight hotel. It can't be that difficult as they've done it before!

I won't be trying out the booking process yet though. Probably September at the very earliest in the current environment, if at all this year.

As someone who often requests a 9C for "parking near a lift" the new timetable policy of not letting you travel despite a confirmed booking doesn't appear very customer friendly.

Information for passengers with disability or reduced mobility. 
Occasionally, there may be times when your booking has been confirmed but, after consulting with the relevant ships/ports, we may be unable to carry you on a particular sailing due to safety limits.
  • Confused 2
On 04/03/2021 at 15:56, BZH29 said:

As someone who often requests a 9C for "parking near a lift" the new timetable policy of not letting you travel despite a confirmed booking doesn't appear very customer friendly.

Information for passengers with disability or reduced mobility. 
Occasionally, there may be times when your booking has been confirmed but, after consulting with the relevant ships/ports, we may be unable to carry you on a particular sailing due to safety limits.

That has always been the case but is being advised properly now. Depending on your own circumstances, no 9C doesn't necessarily mean no travel (unless that's what you prefer of course).

8 hours ago, nodwad said:

I would love to make comments on the new website .am going to keep my gob shut this time.

Probably a good plan! At least that way you'll stay safe from any criticism. 😉

Ed

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my invitation today with the statement that there is a "blue Feedback button located on the right hand side of all pages". I don't see any feedback option when using the Chrome browser. As I had a number of navigation issues I've dropped customer service a line to find out what is happening. Generally it's fine except that once a booking is started I can find no way to go back to restart with a different route and on several pages the "back" option isn't available. That resulted in me having to shut down the page and restart. Perhaps I'm missing something.