But back to the topic, here's a couple of photos from my two trips on Norroena. Two for the pro's amongst you showing the bridge and the power management display screen (a bridge visit is part of the tour package) and one showing Norroena alongside in Seydisfjordur - needed my walking boots for that shot.

DSC_0215 small.jpg

DSC_0218 small.jpg

DSC_0698 small.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Pegpilot said:

But back to the topic, here's a couple of photos from my two trips on Norroena. Two for the pro's amongst you showing the bridge and the power management display screen (a bridge visit is part of the tour package) and one showing Norroena alongside in Seydisfjordur - needed my walking boots for that shot.

DSC_0215 small.jpg

DSC_0218 small.jpg

DSC_0698 small.jpg

Beautiful shot. Having done the Viking Cruise, did you have to take all of the shore excursions, or could you spend the day in port if you wanted to? Not that I wouldn't want to take all the excursions, I'm just wondering if you have to go on them since they are all included in the package. From what I've read, both Torshavn & Seydisfjordur are quite pleasant places to spend a few hours, was this your experience too? 

No, Ryan, the bus trips aren't compulsory.  I'd recommend the outbound bus trip on the Faroes - you get to see the most interesting bits of Torshavn as well as an historic old village of Kirkjubor a few miles away.  On the way back, the bus tour is longer and visits a picturesque little village on the North East side of the islands.  The two trips from Seydisfjordur are pretty long days (8 hours plus) but you do get to see some stunning scenery.  But last time I went, I spent a day in Seydisfjordur and had a hike up the hillside, saw the memorial to the oil tanker Grillo sunk by the Germans in 1944, and visited the beautiful little church in the village.  Only trouble is that the ship's catering outlets pretty much shut down for the day until the evening departure time approaches, so you'd need to get lunch in Seydisfjordur - the bus trips include lunch.  And if it's wet, there's not really that much to do in the village itself.

Again, I skipped a bus tour in Torshavn on the way back on one of my trips and took the little ferry across to Nolsoy island (see photo attached) to do some hiking and birdwatching.  The ferry I took, the 1970s Ternan, is in the process of being replaced but the new build RORO doesn't appear to be in service yet, there appears to be a small pax-only ferry on the route. Oh, and being a bit of a footy fan, I also visited the national football stadium and sneaked in for an unofficial tour. As you do.

DSC_0103 small.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1