A piece of BF history...on Ebay

2 minutes ago, ccs147 said:

Nice piece of memorabilia for someone!

I'm still trying to shift my old LD Lines fridge magnet. It survived longer than the ships it was trying to promote but I think that's simply down to me managing it's deployment better. 😁

Ed. 

• Haha 6
10 hours ago, Tregastel said:

This keyring fob looks like it could double as a supermarket trolley token. I won't be bidding though, as I still have a collection of the plastic ones supplied by BF.

The description says 39mm in height (meaning diameter I suppose) so it's more the size of a French wall socket I think. 

Ed

12 hours ago, Tregastel said:

This keyring fob looks like it could double as a supermarket trolley token. I won't be bidding though, as I still have a collection of the plastic ones supplied by BF.

Strangely enough, I have the same key token (mine is not for sale)....To compare the size, next to a supermarket trolley token, here’s a size comparison 

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don’t want to start a topic, so nothing to do with eBay, but I received a letter from France. I think it is asking if there is TV things in the house?

could I ask if someone could just confirm this - and confirm which box to tick. To confirm, there is no tv equipment in the property (thou I do take a dongal with me and a portable DVD tv when I visit, but take it home with me)

My French speaking is worse than Officer Crabtree from allo allo. 

thanks 

AB6C8BE9-64B2-40E8-8FA1-BD23FE61385B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, PGTV said:

I don’t want to start a topic, so nothing to do with eBay, but I received a letter from France. I think it is asking if there is TV things in the house?

could I ask if someone could just confirm this - and confirm which box to tick. To confirm, there is no tv equipment in the property (thou I do take a dongal with me and a portable DVD tv when I visit, but take it home with me)

My French speaking is worse than Officer Crabtree from allo allo. 

thanks 

AB6C8BE9-64B2-40E8-8FA1-BD23FE61385B.jpeg

My reading of the situation is that you are already paying for a TV licence in France as part of your Taxe d'Habitation and they want to know if the situation has changed. 

It's a somewhat complicated letter. Do you have your latest tax document to check what is shown?

Ed

Funny you should say that - just noticed on the tax d’habitation about contribution a l audiovisual public.

im under the impression the tax is like a council tax in the uk?

thou the property has been long term empty due to illnesses. 

23853D8A-8570-4920-8D3E-8D8696A8A5FA.jpeg

F502CCB7-C8EA-4BD9-A1DE-734D6D3996D8.jpeg

I receive the same form every year and always tick the first box 'aucune de...' as I have no tv on the property of any kind, the lovely French sunset offers me sufficient entertaintment.   Otherwise  I  will be charged a hefty supplement for tv use . I always keep copies of the letter I send back and certificate of posting as a few years ago they charged me anyway and it took me several months and letters before they accepted that I had returned the form to that effect.  

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, PGTV said:

Funny you should say that - just noticed on the tax d’habitation about contribution a l audiovisual public.

im under the impression the tax is like a council tax in the uk?

thou the property has been long term empty due to illnesses. 

23853D8A-8570-4920-8D3E-8D8696A8A5FA.jpeg

F502CCB7-C8EA-4BD9-A1DE-734D6D3996D8.jpeg

Ok. So that's clearer now. There is no TV licence fee currently being charged. You are just paying the council tax. Therefore there has never been a TV at the property, or at least not one declared correctly.

This dongle you are using, is it via your broadband connection? If so I suspect you should declare it and pay the fee. It's 139€ here and guess that's the same everywhere. 

Ed

The letter comes this time every year, if you do nothing you get charged for the TV at the end of the year.

The question is whether a TV receiver was at the property on the 1st January.

I pay the charge, however I keep thinking that it would be a good idea to take  my TV and boxes home at the end of the year !

No the dongal works from 4G/5G via a private network. Basically it’s a portable device that picks up a signal from satellite. Nothing is physically connected. However, the speeds are pretty good - no issues in doing FaceTime with people. 

i have done emails in the middle of no where before - when technology works, it’s great.

the house has no tv, no phone line, nothing. The only entertainment in the evenings is what I take with me, usually a dvd box set. But I take it home with me. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ccs147 said:

Nice piece of memorabilia for someone!

This is my Brittany Ferries memorabilia, a wallet which they sent me with tickets many years ago. I have used it ever since as a passport/ticket holder whenever we travel. Of no value except sentimental

DSC01898.thumb.JPG.28f28512e40b8b27d34ab7455db1090b.JPG

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mjturner said:

This is my Brittany Ferries memorabilia, a wallet which they sent me with tickets many years ago. I have used it ever since as a passport/ticket holder whenever we travel. Of no value except sentimental

DSC01898.thumb.JPG.28f28512e40b8b27d34ab7455db1090b.JPG

I suspect a lot of forum members have BF memorabilia at home without realising it. In a few years' time those pieces of paper with the word 'voucher' written at the top might be worth a couple of pence (or centimes in Scotland). 😱

Ed

• Haha 1