New route. Roscoff to an unnamed Cornish port.

9 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

Clarifies that the port in consideration is Falmouth (though I suspect we all worked that one out anyway).  And, if the idea is to fill the ship with shellfish, then it hints at a freight-only link.  Begs the question as to what the ship would be carrying the other way.  Though what Colin said above could tie in with this - could it be that Falmouth becomes a port-of-call en route for an Ireland-Roscoff sailing just on the southbound leg?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually it’s my fault, I ordered a takeaway from McDonalds Le Havre and it’s just been delivered....😂 Chris

Got a reply from Tony Weaver on Facebook.  Copied and pasted.   “Mystery solved Brigitte, a source has confirmed to me that Normandie Express will be going on the Syncrolift for her Classificatio

Posted Images

Indeed.  To go to the trouble and expense of installing a linkspan somewhere they’d need to have confidence this was a long-term intention, and I’m not sure anyone has any idea at the moment of how the long term is going to pan out as far as ferry operations are concerned.

I think we all know this is complete Bull...t, unless as we have said there's something afoot at Plymouth, unlikely.  Many years ago when the film A Bridge to far was being filmed they put a temporary linkspan in at Falmouth to load vehicles from a local Military vehicle museum, so not impossible, just no logic to it with Plymouth only 90 minutes away.

I think there's been a lot of lost in translation and poor reporting on this, the obvious thing is to get Plymouth open again.

Unless it is as an en-route port call, with minimum diversion, for an existing sailing that is sailing more than half empty, with a specific purpose.  That would have some logic.

On 31/03/2021 at 10:52, Gareth said:

Unless it is as an en-route port call, with minimum diversion, for an existing sailing that is sailing more than half empty, with a specific purpose.  That would have some logic.

I guess the scrapping of Armorique’s Rosslare calls kicks this theory into touch.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Armorique currenty doing a Cork - St Malo run...Why not experiment a little, Brittany Ferries and add (say) one sailing a week Plymouth - St M

alo? Not much to loose and planty to gain, I would think.

40 minutes ago, KenTownley said:

Armorique currenty doing a Cork - St Malo run...Why not experiment a little, Brittany Ferries and add (say) one sailing a week Plymouth - St M

alo? Not much to loose and planty to gain, I would think.

On the surface a good idea, although a bit late now but what would it cost to open up Plymouth for two calls a week?

Wouldn’t mind trying St Malo and a trip to Rennes one day.

Only seen Rennes via google cam, reminds me a bit of Paris, but without the rough bits - and that metal counterfeit Blackpool tower thing they have...

• Haha 1