I'm 81 and my wife is 77. We've both had two doses of the Pfizer jab and neither of us had side effects other than a slightly sore arm for a couple of days. In my case, I only noticed it if I turned on to my left side in bed.

• Like 2
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently the WHO has decided to change the way it refers to new variants of Covid-19 by giving them a letter of the Greek alphabet. Hence the UK (Kent) strain is Alpha, the South African strain is B

Had Covid and felt like sh!t for 10 days, for two of those I was seriously concerned. Worse than pneumonia. I was 48 at the time. Had the Oxford jab, felt like mild flu for 36 hours, still went t

Depends how you look at it. If you don't have the infection the LFT test is 99.68% accurate. If you do and you have a high viral load the LFT test is 95% accurate. There's no such thing as PCR te

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Ok my turn , had the Astra Zeneca two weeks ago and zero side effects , I've had better mosquito bites .

Same vaccine, same timeline and same reaction for me! My better had a sleepless night after her jab with chills and flu like syntoms but was fine by afternoon next day.

• Like 1

66, AZ, 2nd dose done Wednesday. First dose had me a bit aching and very tired between 28 and 35 hours after. This time, again around 28 hours, felt a bit tired and slightly cold, but fine an hour later. The boss who is the same age, had zero reaction to either dose.

3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Germany is now insisting that any visitors from the UK quarantine for 2 weeks (starting at midnight on Sunday) while Spain is fully lifting restrictions. It seems that each EU country is going to set their own rules. I suppose the one advantage of this is that if you are not intending to stay in the country in question you can simply transit to your final destination as the borders will at least be reopened. Therefore if you need to drive to Denmark you can still get there.

Ed

Further to the above, apparently it's not simply a quarantine rule but an outright ban on anyone who's not German or has a compelling reason to enter (who will need to quarantine). So driving through the country won't actually work. Of course presumably that doesn't stop Germans mixing with Brits on Spanish beaches and terraces and then going home themselves. 

Ed

5 hours ago, Chef said:

Ok my turn , had the Astra Zeneca two weeks ago and zero side effects , I've had better mosquito bites .

Show off!🙂

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Le Quiberon said:

Will people who decide not to have vaccines be unable to travel at all? I am very confused about this. 

Quite possibly. It will be the decision of the country they want to go to who will set their own rules not the UK government.

The choice will be up to each individual;  decide to have the vaccination or risk having to  limit their travel plans.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BBCone said:

I'm 81 and my wife is 77. We've both had two doses of the Pfizer jab and neither of us had side effects other than a slightly sore arm for a couple of days. In my case, I only noticed it if I turned on to my left side in bed.

I'm 79 and had absolutely no after effect from either jab, (Astra Zeneca), wouldn't have known that I had the jabs, unlike the brambles and stinging nettles that have fought back when I have been extending my kitchen garden!  Mrs C, at 74 had a minor sore arm around the jab site for 24 hrs, but has kept clear of the nettles!.

Please everyone, like BBCone and us two, go for the vaccinations to protect yourselves, your families, your friends and the nation.

Edited by colinschandler
added vaccine type
  • Like 1

Just had the anti mask/anti vaxxers marching through Bournemouth centre.  About 200 people causing traffic chaos, and being a general pain in the backside.  I had to go to get some milk and got shouted at to take my mask off by several - to which they got a tirade of f words and other assorted abuse.  Sooner this bill goes through about disruptive protests the better.  When I attended anti Brexit rallies, yes we waved flags and chanted but we were never like this bunch of idiots.

Rant over - just got back home after battling my way through those twerps.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 14/04/2021 at 18:49, veryoldbear said:

And the estimated consumption grrrrr.

When we left the house last October we made arrangements for our neighbours to get EDF to install a smart meter. To my delight the February bill had an entry:

Comsommation; 11/11/2020  Releve debut 0 - 15/02/2021 releve fin 0 -Montant euros 0.00.

Yippee, cant wait for the August bill, mind you the Abonnement is still euros 8.50+5.5% TVA  per month and  CTA tax was euros 9.43 for the period.

Edited by colinschandler
20 hours ago, PGTV said:

im weighing up the options of - the risk of me getting ill from covid is minor. The risk of getting ill from the jabs are higher. 

Three of my family including my mother, uncle and cousin all died from brain blood clots. Must be a genetic weakness. Didn't stop me from having the Covid vaccine.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jonno said:

Show off!🙂

But herself had her jab the following day and had every side effect listed, plus some not listed .

On 21/05/2021 at 19:43, jonno said:

I think that's optimistic, France is another month away from enough of the adult population to have had both doses, it's currently around 16% and Spain have only fully vaccinated around 16.5% of their adults too.

The U.K. has fully dosed around 45%.

Makes you wonder though as Portugal have only fully vaccinated around 15% but they've given a single dose to over 50% of their adult population.

But the traffic lights are not just based on Vaccinations. Cases, deaths, different strains all come into play.

2 hours ago, muppetdodger said:

But the traffic lights are not just based on Vaccinations. Cases, deaths, different strains all come into play.

If that were the case the likes of Greece & Croatia would be on the green list.

It appears France will be adding the uk to their yellow list over the Indian variety

a bit rich considering France cases are higher than us, and we tested more than twice the amount than they have

…. And we gave them 12 points in Eurovision too

but in all serious, my gut is saying France will be difficult towards us still over summer.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, PGTV said:

It appears France will be adding the uk to their yellow list over the Indian variety

a bit rich considering France cases are higher than us, and we tested more than twice the amount than they have

…. And we gave them 12 points in Eurovision too

but in all serious, my gut is saying France will be difficult towards us still over summer.

If you travel to an amber country then apparently your UK travel insurance might not be valid. However any second-home owner will have house insurance in France which will cover them for certain eventualities so I wonder if it's worth the risk given the possibility of the traffic light colour moving to green during their stay.

Ed

We had our AZ vaccine first does last month. Very little in the way of side effects - achy arm and a bit of tiredness twelve to twenty-four hours after.

That said, I totally get why some may hesitate - especially the under 30s.  

Yes, it is possible for them to get Covid and have serious consequences but it's very unlikely.  It is also possible that they may be at risk of a life threatening blood clot. I appreciate that they are being offered a choice of vaccine. 

In reality, they are are mostly being asked to take the vaccine to safeguard others (and maybe so they can go on holiday!)

• Like 2

The 7-day rolling average of new cases in France is currently under 13,000. The R-rate is 0.76 and the number of patients in intensive care is around 3,500 (the objective being 3,000). The vaccine rollout seems to be working and the campaign will be open to everyone (with no limits other than you must be over 18) at the end of next week.

Ed

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

If you travel to an amber country then apparently your UK travel insurance might not be valid. However any second-home owner will have house insurance in France which will cover them for certain eventualities so I wonder if it's worth the risk given the possibility of the traffic light colour moving to green during their stay.

Ed

Insurance is nothing to do with traffic lights, it links to the official travel recommendations from the FCDO, if that is only essential travel then package holidays must be refunded if required, that is why the BF Holidays have different refund policies.

Most will cover illness & repatriation in this case, however the new European card works ok.

Edited by David Williams

Have France announced the rules for Travellers from Britain yet ?

and have any changes been made to the rules of travellers from Spain to France ?

On a separate note, I saw a BF tweet saying that a la carte was returning in June.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, colin said:

Thanks, I can’t see significant changes yet, especially as my route at the end of June is UK to Spain ( no tests), Spain to France ( Test) but make sure I stay in Spain 14 days after leaving the UK, France to UK (Tests).

Edited by David Williams
4 hours ago, muppetdodger said:

But Sky news were suggesting yesterday that France were looking at the possibility of brining in some form of restrictions for travellers from the UK due to the Indian Variant