What are the Options?

I have had a lot of spare time recently and have been pondering the testing requirements and quarantine.

The people ringing up everyday seem to think it's as pointless as we do. Todays caller was surprised / shocked that I had not got my day two test results. I explained there was no rush until day eight as this determines if I need to take the second test . I think she was trying to think of a reason why I should get them but couldn't  I don't think they can get the results so they want me to tell them.  (Fat Chance) People have been complaining about the cost which is fair enough but we were away for 19 nights so worked out at just under £10.00 each not prohibitive.  Reduced hotel prices easily covered that.

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

BF have been checking  the new Spanish rules that start on Friday, if not double jabbed then you need a PCR test younger than 48 hours before arrival that can be shown at checkin, not an easy option !

BF have now said that they had an update to say that Antigen is ok for Spain.

8 minutes ago, colin said:

France has announced that tourists will pay 49€ for PCR tests and 29€ for antigen.

Sounds good news, will the antigen test be available in all pharmacies at that price or just some centres ?

Assuming that I manage to cross into France on Friday from Spain, I will need to get one in a week or so.

Cases seem to be creeping up again ever so slightly but it may be due to reporting delays, perhaps because of the weekend elections. The rolling 7-day average is still dropping for now.

Ed

4 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Sounds good news, will the antigen test be available in all pharmacies at that price or just some centres ?

Assuming that I manage to cross into France on Friday from Spain, I will need to get one in a week or so.

Santé.fr - Lieux de dépistage Covid-19 (sante.fr) Shows where tests can be done. Pharmacies, GPs, Kinés and others can do them.

Just now, David Williams said:

Thanks, do they all offer the same price ?

I have found a convenient pharmacie in  sante.fr already & will check availability in advance.

I think the government set the price?

• Thanks 1

Please be patient!!

So I know this has been covered endlessly and it's an evolving situation but what is the current definitive rules for entering France from UK. We hope to travel from Portsmouth next Friday morning, we are both double jabbed and have booked a PCR test for Tuesday afternoon (ie within 72 hours of departure) We also have our declarations printed of, and proof of Vaccination (app and hard copy)Am i right that we will not need to quarantine as it stands, and am I also correct to say that as it stands we need a pre departure test in France before we return, plus whatever the Government deem necessary at the time in terms of quarantine/tests in UK. Returning on Monday 26th, so hopefully returning from France by then fully vaccinated will be simpler than it is now.

Posted (edited)

At present, if you are double jabbed with standard vaccines more than 2 weeks ago plus a test ( could be antigen within 48 hours ) that is all you need at present, however could well change. I keep on expecting France to put us on their red list.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

your assumptions re no quarantine at present plus a return test are also correct at present.

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1

Thanks for that, don't want to get to Portsmouth or even worse Caen and find we're missing something!! Is it fair to say that if France change stuff, then like the UK they give advanced warning, as if this is so as we get nearer to our travel date we may be able to squeeze over before the deadline? Squeaky bum time!

20 minutes ago, David Williams said:

They didn’t in December !

Good luck

And Malta didn't yesterday with passengers turning up at the airport with their "doubled jabbed" certificates on their smartphone NHS ap or a downloaded PDF copy, only to be told that Malta would only accept the hard letter copy from NHS (which can take 5 days to arrive). I felt so sorry for those who had made all their travel arrangements - driven to the airport (or public transport), car parking, dog in the kennels, flight and hotel bookings etc. only to be denied boarding.

6 hours ago, muppetdodger said:

We hope to travel from Portsmouth next Friday morning,

Les touristes étrangers devront payer les tests Covid-19 à partir du 7 juillet en France

Foreign tourists will have to pay for Covid-19 tests from 7 July in France

That's from next Wednesday :(

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2021/06/30/les-touristes-etrangers-devront-payer-les-tests-covid-19-a-partir-du-7-juillet-en-france_6086425_3244.html

6 hours ago, muppetdodger said:

Thanks for that, don't want to get to Portsmouth or even worse Caen and find we're missing something!! Is it fair to say that if France change stuff, then like the UK they give advanced warning, as if this is so as we get nearer to our travel date we may be able to squeeze over before the deadline? Squeaky bum time!

Posts on Twitter suggest that BF is checking you have valid test results at check-in, presumably so that they don't have to deal with people in France who are denied entry. 

13 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

Posts on Twitter suggest that BF is checking you have valid test results at check-in, presumably so that they don't have to deal with people in France who are denied entry. 

And is it not still the case that french border control is in UK and vice versa or has that changed now?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

I think most carriers, sea or air, are doing that.

34 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

Is this the pre uk return test or have I missed something. We are getting tested before we travel, but I thought the next was a predeparture in france which I had assumed wed pay for?

Les touristes étrangers devront payer les tests Covid-19 à partir du 7 juillet en France

Foreign tourists will have to pay for Covid-19 tests from 7 July in France

That's from next Wednesday :(

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2021/06/30/les-touristes-etrangers-devront-payer-les-tests-covid-19-a-partir-du-7-juillet-en-france_6086425_3244.html

4 hours ago, muppetdodger said:

Is this the pre uk return test or have I missed something. We are getting tested before we travel, but I thought the next was a predeparture in france which I had assumed wed pay for?

Yes. France is changing from free tests for all, to tourists paying for a test, if required, before they return to UK.

On 28/06/2021 at 17:03, IanN said:

Who want's to go away to Spain or France anyway lovely summer's day here in Leicestershire 15°C cloudy and raining. It could be worse I could be in a hotel in Cornwall paying £250.00 per night for the privilege

Currently enjoying a week in Devon, great weather, it'll be 24c tomorrow so I'll be sporting my Sexy Beast budgie smugglers images of which will be available on Torquay fridge magnets in August!🤣

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

On 28/06/2021 at 17:03, IanN said:

Who want's to go away to Spain or France anyway lovely summer's day here in Leicestershire 15°C cloudy and raining. It could be worse I could be in a hotel in Cornwall paying £250.00 per night for the privilege

I have been working (I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) under a gazebo in the garden this week in North Lanarkshire. We have an outdoor plug so I have been able to run an extension for my laptop. The heat inside is awful.

6 hours ago, elaine80 said:

I have been working (I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) under a gazebo in the garden this week in North Lanarkshire. We have an outdoor plug so I have been able to run an extension for my laptop. The heat inside is awful.

Make the most of it it won't last😀

• Haha 1