What are the Options?

1 hour ago, colinschandler said:

In the absence of the introduction of a "Covid Passport" scheme, do you think that French immigration would accept the dated vaccination card which we have as proof?

Scotland doesn't have the dated vaccination cards that the rest of the UK seems to be using; I have nothing to confirm that I have had my first dose.

In England, It is worth downloading the NHS App ( not the covid one) and registering with that as that is meant to be the way of getting an official vaccination summary ( it is already there in the medications section ).  Note that practices may use another system, however the NHS App is the new official one that all English practices link to.

Edited by David Williams

3 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

Scotland doesn't have the dated vaccination cards that the rest of the UK seems to be using; I have nothing to confirm that I have had my first dose.

They must be recording what vaccine you were given somewhere so you get the same second dose. Is it being done on your GP's IT system?

Ed

3 hours ago, elaine80 said:

Don't want to be political on this but surely this is something that should be universal across the UK, Scotland and Wales seem to want to do things different to England, good or bad, just to say they're different.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 12:10, wortley said:

See how things look a day or two in advance, then if the situation looks good book and pay for an economy ticket to Caen then. There’s no need to join the crowd who pay in advance and repeatedly re arrange their booking. 

Which is good for some and paying over the top, as for me I would like to plan ahead which has to made difficult by governments, with the type of lockdowns for flu. 

6 hours ago, colinschandler said:

In the absence of the introduction of a "Covid Passport" scheme, do you think that French immigration would accept the dated vaccination card which we have as proof?

The EU will be introducing what they are calling a Covid 19 Certificate for travel between EU/EEA member countries and are in discussions with the US and several other countries to allow for travel between their countries on the basis that the are all using the same approved vaccines , the one country that is not in discussion with the EU in relation to a travel certificate is the UK .

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

The EU will be introducing what they are calling a Covid 19 Certificate for travel between EU/EEA member countries and are in discussions with the US and several other countries to allow for travel between their countries on the basis that the are all using the same approved vaccines , the one country that is not in discussion with the EU in relation to a travel certificate is the UK .

Fortunately who they let in on health grounds is a decision for individual Countries and not the EU !

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Are you sure?..you might want to have a read of this then

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/27/uk-officials-in-talks-with-eu-over-reopening-travel-routes

Just best to wait until the quarrelling politicians get their act together and  enable a smooth travelling experience between the UK and various EU countries. Until then it will be just personal hassle which will take all the pleasure from travelling. (and could cost you a lot of money and inconvenience).

At the moment there is a huge discrepancy between Covid levels in the UK and most EU countries and there will continue to be practical problems until these are brought into balance.

Those people looking for certainities may still have a bit of a wait yet. Midsummer at least is my guess.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

They must be recording what vaccine you were given somewhere so you get the same second dose. Is it being done on your GP's IT system?

Ed

It is all being done through local health authorities (in my case NHS Lanarkshire) but as individuals we have nothing to show for it.

6 hours ago, Solo said:

Don't want to be political on this but surely this is something that should be universal across the UK, Scotland and Wales seem to want to do things different to England, good or bad, just to say they're different.

I agree. The UK should be operating as one over this; Scotland, England and Wales are (on the whole) an island.

• Like 2

It’s starting to sound as if the legal ban on overseas travel from the UK may well be lifted this month.  Which means, assuming France and Spain also decide to admit tourists, that travel becomes possible in principle.  However, on the ambitious assumption that France will make the amber list (rather than the red list), and with Spain also looking fairly safe for amber, those deciding to travel will have to accept a fair bit of inconvenience for doing so.

Seems to me that this is the worst possible outcome in practice - no reason in principle for BF not to start up the sailings, so they won’t be cancelled, and so the decision about whether to cancel or not will rest with the traveller.  (And therefore will be subject to the standard T&Cs).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, elaine80 said:

It is all being done through local health authorities (in my case NHS Lanarkshire) but as individuals we have nothing to show for it.

Ok but what ID did you provide at the time of vaccination? Did someone record that information on the IT system? If you contact your GP, presumably they can provide you with a summary of your vaccine record. I had my DPT booster on Thursday evening and my French GP added the details to my patient record. He can provide me with a printout if needed or if I change GP service as in France there is no automatic sharing of such data unless you opt in.

Ed

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Seems to me that this is the worst possible outcome in practice - no reason in principle for BF not to start up the sailings, so they won’t be cancelled, and so the decision about whether to cancel or not will rest with the traveller.  (And therefore will be subject to the standard T&Cs).

Not easy for anyone, I guess that next week will be the latest that BF will announce cancellations, however whilst England should confirm this week that travel will be legal in mid May and the rules, they are unlikely to confirm which Countries are in which bands for another week.

I imagine that once travel is legal for all, BF will enforce the timings and charges for amendments.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ok but what ID did you provide at the time of vaccination? Did someone record that information on the IT system? If you contact your GP, presumably they can provide you with a summary of your vaccine record. I had my DPT booster on Thursday evening and my French GP added the details to my patient record. He can provide me with a printout if needed or if I change GP service as in France there is no automatic sharing of such data unless you opt in.

Ed

I had an appointment letter to take with me and my date of birth was asked for to check with the computerised NHS records. All that proves though is that I was sent an appointment.

• Thanks 1

According to C4 News. France will be a “Amber” country when international travel resume mid May. So on top of the test/jab, you still need a 10 day quarantine.

if this is correct - that’s me out for the moment.

11 minutes ago, PGTV said:

According to C4 News. France will be a “Amber” country when international travel resume mid May. So on top of the test/jab, you still need a 10 day quarantine.

Numbers are coming down slowly here. Check this link for the details.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://covidtracker.fr/&ved=2ahUKEwi8q-mepqnwAhWYCGMBHZ3FBmcQFnoECAcQAg&usg=AOvVaw3mO_zM8I7NR0AfOVaCzVjQ

If people are coming over to visit their second homes then it might well be that by the time they head back to the UK the situation has improved again.

Ed

• Like 1

I have seen statement from well-advised travel consultant that a key criterion for Green is 40% of population vaccinated and France will be there before end of June.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yorky said:

I have seen statement from well-advised travel consultant that a key criterion for Green is 40% of population vaccinated and France will be there before end of June.

See my post last Friday.

13 hours ago, PGTV said:

Yeh, me too, but we'll be waiting for the announcement next week confirming which countries are what before we actually re-arrange.