What are the Options?

45 minutes ago, IanN said:

I wonder if after 90 days it drops off the system and allows you to make another request. Try asking BF Santander they speak very good English and I mean very good. The call costs more but not if you are on hold for 30 mins and they answer straight away.

That would make sense if it was applying the 90-day rule but what about people travelling for professional reasons?

Ed

32 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

That would make sense if it was applying the 90-day rule but what about people travelling for professional reasons?

Ed

it could also be due to the passport number as that is immediately prior to the email field do what AC suggests and put a zero in front of it. (It worked for us when we had an issue can't remember what the issue was)

• Like 1

Light at the end of the tunnel,I spoke to my daughter this morning and she tried and had bother at all.so I will get her to do everything for is she is popping over tomorrow and will give it another go.cheers to everybody.

14 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Light at the end of the tunnel,I spoke to my daughter this morning and she tried and had bother at all.so I will get her to do everything for is she is popping over tomorrow and will give it another go.cheers to everybody.

I do hope it works tomorrow but I think the system may now have stored your daughter's email and will therefore reject it as invalid when you try tomorrow. I do hope not. Try the 0 before the passport number if it does reject the email

Ian

Presumably all this difficulty is due to people wanting to travel directly from the UK to Spain. If you travel to France first, there is just a printable sworn statement to fill in and, I assume, you can then drive over the frontier without any further paperwork. Ed

I'm going to start the bidding on this item at £500 including delivery to anywhere south of the Watford Gap (by electric car) within the next 48 hours. The only condition is that you let me use your address for the Day 2 test delivery.

Ed

20210925_152041.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Presumably all this difficulty is due to people wanting to travel directly from the UK to Spain. If you travel to France first, there is just a printable sworn statement to fill in and, I assume, you can then drive over the frontier without any further paperwork. Ed

And an eight to ten hour drive to the Spanish border , throw in a few rest stops and more like twelve to thirteen hours, but considering how frustrating things seem to be it might be a better option .

Edited by Chef
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IanN said:

I do hope it works tomorrow but I think the system may now have stored your daughter's email and will therefore reject it as invalid when you try tomorrow. I do hope not. Try the 0 before the passport number if it does reject the email

Ian

I will just use her e mail and she can then e mail them to me.since then I have had a few e mails telling me am not the only one having this trouble.am sure someone has said on this web site if you have been double jabbed you can register earlier than 2 days before.?

8 hours ago, IanN said:

My posts regarding AC seem to have been removed.  They were meant to be a Joke sorry if I have offended any body. 

I certainly wasn’t offended, though ‘‘twas I who inadvertently mentioned the b word. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

48 minutes ago, nodwad said:

I will just use her e mail and she can then e mail them to me.since then I have had a few e mails telling me am not the only one having this trouble.am sure someone has said on this web site if you have been double jabbed you can register earlier than 2 days before.?

Yes, I did I think, as it was what the help desk told me. I also seem to recall when helping a friend do the air form that his email was highlighted as invalid until he’d completed the form, when all was well. This was mentioned in an earlier post by someone who understands these things.

1 hour ago, AmigoCirculo said:

I certainly wasn’t offended, though ‘‘twas I who inadvertently mentioned the b word. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

I couldn't think of anybody in a higher place in Spain to the aforementioned. I did not think you were offended. I probably strayed to close to Royalty for posts to be allowed just a bit of a wind up really

Well have a look at the Nationwide Pharmaceutical website - the Day 2 test order process. They use US style dates, can’t be bothered to use a postcode look up to ensure a valid address and get you to put the address in 3 or more times, and require a really weird telephone number input format. No great effort to ensure accurate form filling. Money for old rope to put it mildly!

We have used Nationwide Pathology four times since March. The American style website has become more complicated each time but prices have dropped significantly. Posted our Day 2 tests late on Friday and results were back this afternoon (Saturday) The testing tube used to be in a polystyrene case to protect it on its postal journey, but this time there was no casing and it arrived in a flimsy envelope the postie managed to rip to pieces. In their favour though, they send the kits out promptly and results come back quickly. They are better than Corporate Travel Management who took £210 from me and never sent a number for the Passenger Locator Form. My bank got the money back for me eventually.  Money for old rope indeed, when tests are no longer required they will surely feel the pinch.

Well good news ,my daughter had no problem in doing the travel health forms at all.now I just want to make sure%100 before I apply for the qr codes.that we can apply earlier than 2 days before traveling.i know that very knowledgeable people on this site have said you can do so.with our luck so far ,I just want to make sure everything is right.many thanks

35 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Well good news ,my daughter had no problem in doing the travel health forms at all.now I just want to make sure%100 before I apply for the qr codes.that we can apply earlier than 2 days before traveling.i know that very knowledgeable people on this site have said you can do so.with our luck so far ,I just want to make sure everything is right.many thanks

936 Trumpet Fanfare Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

36 minutes ago, nodwad said:

When the instructions on the government website and on the BF website both say you should submit your Health Control Form to enter Spain in the 48 hours before travel ….why do you want to submit it earlier? 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2021 at 10:39, AmigoCirculo said:

We had not problem with the form, done as a family group, and it was accepted straight away. Like JohnMustow we were selected for a random check.

For a family group, did you get just one QR code, or one for each member of the group?

2 hours ago, TerryDorset said:

For a family group, did you get just one QR code, or one for each member of the group?

I done one for the each of us,somebody said that they had problems trying   To do family together.with the luck we have had I took the easy way.i know it says booking 2 days before travel but I rather have it done earlier if possible.the reason is if anything that could go wrong it will happen to us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TerryDorset said:

When you do a family group you get an email sent to the address you’ve  given for each person on the application. It’s a bit worrying when a QR code only arrives for the applicant, but a few minutes later another one comes with the next person named, with their own QR code, and so on.