What are the Options?

5 hours ago, wortley said:

When the instructions on the government website and on the BF website both say you should submit your Health Control Form to enter Spain in the 48 hours before travel ….why do you want to submit it earlier? 

The 48 hours is only for air travel, the maritime one can be done earlier if you’re fully vaccinated. It’s one thing out of the way of all the nonsense we have to do. Just done the UK passenger locator form for our return sailing tomorrow to Plymouth. The Spanish one was a doozie compared to the UK one, which refused to scan any of outer QR codes on the NHS vaccination form. When we checked in at Plymouth the BF chap said, “Just give me all the paperwork you’ve got”. We’ll be giving his Spanish oppo 9 sheets per person, if you include the ticket. Happy days!

17 minutes ago, AmigoCirculo said:

The 48 hours is only for air travel, the maritime one can be done earlier if you’re fully vaccinated. It’s one thing out of the way of all the nonsense we have to do. Just done the UK passenger locator form for our return sailing tomorrow to Plymouth. The Spanish one was a doozie compared to the UK one, which refused to scan any of outer QR codes on the NHS vaccination form. When we checked in at Plymouth the BF chap said, “Just give me all the paperwork you’ve got”. We’ll be giving his Spanish oppo 9 sheets per person, if you include the ticket. Happy days!

We gave the lady at Santander a plastic wallet for each of us with the required paperwork. She said it's the best way phones and tablets are a problem.  

• Like 1

We gave the lady at Santander a plastic wallet for each of us with the required paperwork. She said it's the best way phones and tablets are a problem.  

I can well understand that. Electronic devices aren't always the best solution. Not yet anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmigoCirculo said:

When you do a family group you get an email sent to the address you’ve  given for each person on the application. It’s a bit worrying when a QR code only arrives for the applicant, but a few minutes later another one comes with the next person named, with their own QR code, and so on.

Thanks AC. I got a bit panicky when only one arrived but as you say another one came along soon after. Nice to know you can find answers to almost anything like that on this site.

1 hour ago, AmigoCirculo said:

1ADA58A3-3290-4D39-9ED1-143E79F59916.png

Edited by wortley

On 26/09/2021 at 18:29, AmigoCirculo said:

Well the plot thickens,just spoke to the help line in Spain.telling them we are arriving by ferry on the 12 October and can we print off our travel forms earlier than 2 days before departure.he said no it must be done within 48 hours of travel and no more.so is there anywhere else I can get more information?

3 minutes ago, nodwad said:

is there anywhere else I can get more information?

If you ask officially, you will get the official answer. If the system gives you a QR code with a good status you should be fine. If you are concerned, don’t complete the last question until nearer your crossing.

Yes got the official rules from them but he was very unsure on the exact rules.i told him I have been told the 48 hour rule only applies to air travel.his response was what I have already said.he did say in his opinion to do the form within the 48 hours.the Eason we want to get it done sooner is we are traveling around the uk before sailing on the 11 October.so I thought we get this done and one less hassle.

We printed ours off a couple of weeks before going. They were accepted without question by BF at check in and by the Spanish passport control on arrival in Santander. Below is the email I received from the help desk when I told that that we'd been able to print the maritime form off. Remember that help desk deals with all queries, the vast majority of which will be for the air form.

Dear Mr , 

Allow me to confirm your words. Your QR code should be valid for your arrival. 

Have a nice time in Spain!

Kindest regards,

Gracias por contactar con nosotros, thank you for contacting us, merci de prendre contact avec nous , on vous remercie de nous contacter.

Consulte las FAQS del programa Spain Travel Health para más información, see the Spain Travel Health Program FAQS for more details, consultez la FAQ du programme Spain Travel Health pour plus d'informations, raadpleeg de veelgestelde vragen van het Spain Travel Health-programma voor meer informatie: https://www.spth.gob.es/faq

Feliz estancia en España, enjoy your journey to Spain, bon voyage en Espagne, schöne reise nach Spanien/ Glücklicher Aufenthalt in Spanien.

Spain Travel Health
Support Team
spth.gob.es

Well, we've done ours already for 4Oct, arriving 6 Oct, and the QR codes came through okay. So they're printed and in the bureaucracy folder already. If it wasn't allowed that early they shouldn't issue the QR code.

Just a heads-up to anyone coming over here soon. France is currently suffering from a Branston Pickle shortage. I've called in at half a dozen supermarkets over that last week or so and there's none to be found. I may have to go to the Comptoir Irlandais soon and pay their ridiculous prices. Help!

Ed

7 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Just a heads-up to anyone coming over here soon. France is currently suffering from a Branston Pickle shortage. I've called in at half a dozen supermarkets over that last week or so and there's none to be found. I may have to go to the Comptoir Irlandais soon and pay their ridiculous prices. Help!

Ed

Brought on by the HGV crisis and panic buying ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Brought on by the HGV crisis and panic buying ! 

I don't know but I be was unable to find any in Jersey back in August either. 

I have noticed that some of the supermarkets here have either stopped selling British imports or at least reduced their range of products. If I want marmalade or wine-gums I'm fine but not tea or pickle. 

Ed

20 hours ago, AmigoCirculo said:

We printed ours off a couple of weeks before going. They were accepted without question by BF at check in and by the Spanish passport control on arrival in Santander. Below is the email I received from the help desk when I told that that we'd been able to print the maritime form off. Remember that help desk deals with all queries, the vast majority of which will be for the air form.

Dear Mr , 

Allow me to confirm your words. Your QR code should be valid for your arrival. 

Have a nice time in Spain!

Kindest regards,

Gracias por contactar con nosotros, thank you for contacting us, merci de prendre contact avec nous , on vous remercie de nous contacter.

Consulte las FAQS del programa Spain Travel Health para más información, see the Spain Travel Health Program FAQS for more details, consultez la FAQ du programme Spain Travel Health pour plus d'informations, raadpleeg de veelgestelde vragen van het Spain Travel Health-programma voor meer informatie: https://www.spth.gob.es/faq

Feliz estancia en España, enjoy your journey to Spain, bon voyage en Espagne, schöne reise nach Spanien/ Glücklicher Aufenthalt in Spanien.

Spain Travel Health
Support Team
spth.gob.es

Many thanks it is strange that the guy at Santander said 48 hous before travel yet you and a few others have been told different and had no problem.the Spanish address on your comment is that the e mail address of the help line.?

30 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Many thanks it is strange that the guy at Santander said 48 hous before travel yet you and a few others have been told different and had no problem.the Spanish address on your comment is that the e mail address of the help line.?

If you have been vaccinated and have a digital record via the NHS app then you will be fine to print earlier. The 48 hours is if you are not vaccinated and need a negative Covid test for entry to Spain. A negative test 2 weeks before arrival is not much use.

Edited by IanN

4 hours ago, nodwad said:

No, that’s a web address. The emails are on the posting I made with the phone number on , I think, 24th September. If you’ve got a QR code it means the system was happy with your application and you won’t have a problem.

4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

But being Spanish might take a short nap after lunch.

Ed

Indeed, though it's probably working at full speed at nine at night. We once watched a builder team clock off at 1130, having started at 7am. "Idle crew," we thought. They returned at 6pm and continued laying concrete by arc light until gone midnight. Said concrete does tend to become unworkable fairly quickly in 40C of summer heat.

Sounds more promising for travel to the Channel Islands this winter. It appears Jersey are close to relaxing their entry PCR test rules later this month. Guernsey have already downgraded to purchasing LF tests from today and may do away with these later in the month too.

• Like 2

As of mid-October tests in France will be charged for. I learnt today that this rule only applies to non-vaccinated people. Anyone who is fully vaccinated and needs a negative test for travel purposes is still entitled to get a free one.

Ed

36 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Anyone who is fully vaccinated and needs a negative test for travel purposes is still entitled to get a free one.

I think it remains free only for French and EU citizens. I am a French citizen but I no longer have my sécurité sociale in France. As a result I had to pay for the test last week. Only 19 euros though. 

• Like 1