What are the Options?

3 hours ago, jonno said:

You can have mine, I hate turkey. Rather lick the underside of a maggoty bin lid. 

What are the options? Well, there'll be 10 of us this year, 8 in the house and 2 in the motorhome.

Where's my invite? I can bring a maggoty bin lid for your entrée, so long as you don't give me any turkey

3 hours ago, IanN said:

I think Ed knows where there is a Goat going if anyone is interested (Only Kidding)

Our neighbours up the road have actually got a three-legged goat if anyone is catering on a budget.

Ed

It's midterm here this week and although it is now irrelevant to us we have used it as an opportunity to escape to the in-laws' place in the East Neuk of Fife. I left home on Saturday morning and travelled via several farm shops; hubby joined me after work on Sunday. I came home on Tuesday night for work (I have the holidays to take but am off in a couple of weeks to visit the eldest in France so I don't want to push it) and hubby is coming home tomorrow.  This morning, whilst working from home and waiting for others in the team to send me over info, I wrapped 49 farm shop chipolatas in bacon and froze them for the Christmas dinner kilted chipolatas (as a Scot and having spent time in California as a child, sausages wrapped in bacon are not pigs in blankets - eldest may be bringing an American flatmate to Scotland for Christmas who will not associate pigs in blankets with sausages wrapped in bacon) 

6 hours ago, elaine80 said:

This morning, whilst working from home and waiting for others in the team to send me over info, I wrapped 49 farm shop chipolatas in bacon and froze them

Hope your boss is does not read this forum 😄

14 minutes ago, IanN said:

If she had time to watch the sausages freeze then I'd say the others in the team are the ones to criticize when it comes to time-management. 😀

Ed

6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

If she had time to watch the sausages freeze then I'd say the others in the team are the ones to criticize when it comes to time-management. 😀

Ed

They were probably working from home as well.

As I managed to retire early I should make it clear I would have jumped at the chance of working from home for a another two or there years. WIFI is good in most of Spain these days

Christmas Fare…

The Turkey’s in the freezer

The Geese are on the lawn

The Quail are in the flowerbeds

Looking quite forlorn

I’ve covered all the bases

At least I think I did

But now I have discovered

I really need a pig!

(or maybe a Goat….)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I haven't worked out what's for dinner this evening and you lot are already planning Christmas and Boxing Day!

At this rate I'm likely to be eating whatever creature wanders unwittingly into the path of my car in the week before Christmas. I'd be happy with duck, wouldn't say no to a bit of venison but it's more likely to be irate granny I suspect.

Ed

5 hours ago, IanN said:

4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ed

The boss was one of the ones I was waiting for input from; he finally emailed me what I was waiting for at 23.07 last night. Needless to say, I wasn't still sitting at my laptop waiting for it.

30 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

The boss was one of the ones I was waiting for input from; he finally emailed me what I was waiting for at 23.07 last night. Needless to say, I wasn't still sitting at my laptop waiting for it.

I guess he was working from the pub then and couldn't email due to poor signal

On the French island of Martinique only around 35% of the population are fully vaccinated and the latest wave of COVID is still causing problems. Now that medical personnel need to be vaccinated, and tests are no longer accepted, there have been clashes between employee unions and the police as well as hospital staff protesting inside and outside the building.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.martinique.franceantilles.fr/actualite/social/grosse-poussee-de-fievre-au-chu-de-martinique-entre-manifestants-et-forces-de-securite-590524.php&ved=2ahUKEwjCmIvC5M7zAhWKTDABHRy3BuAQ0PADKAB6BAgFEAE&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw07K1w_24nRrh62LsVezl1Z

Ed

16 minutes ago, colin said:

I may have to go there next week...

It seems that the independence movement is involved in the protests. Perhaps the government should call their bluff and offer a referendum. 🤣 A Martinexit if you like. 

Ed

• Haha 1

I emailed BF regards the extra 10% discount I was not expecting any Joy and was not disappointed. This is the reply ;- 

You would of already reserved the space and cabin of your choice and probably a better price, prices tend to go up the closer to your travel date. (Not really the point if advertised as a loyalty bonus)

The normal club voyage discount is still very good if you travel frequently. I'm sorry that you are disappointed.

We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

It seems they could not even by bothered to check the reservation details. (I did provide the number)

So If I now amend the crossing to a cheap one to Caen and then cancel will they refund the amount already paid less 25% I will sacrifice the 25% and drive down in April and September and save my CV membership

54 minutes ago, IanN said:

So If I now amend the crossing to a cheap one to Caen and then cancel will they refund the amount already paid less 25% I will sacrifice the 25% and drive down in April and September and save my CV membership

Cancellation fees for flexi tickets are either the original deposit or 25% of the final ticket price whichever is higher. 

i think that the BF response is sensible !

• Like 1

How do you come to that conclusion.

It was advertised as a loyalty bonus! Anyway you pays your money takes your choice. That will be about £2,000 a year not going to BF. 

They should think a lot harder when making advertising did they not think it would p*ss off people who had already booked. Or don't they care I guess it's the later 

19 minutes ago, David Williams said:

It was never a loyalty bonus, that was just marketing spin for a scheme to get some more bookings in a quiet time.

The route from Ouistreham to Santander costs £175 in petrol and tolls !

If that's the case then perhaps the advertising standards agency should be informed. Be assured I will not be going to Quistreham. The money is not important it's the way BF are treating loyal customers. Telling me it would have been cheaper when I booked is a bit well insulting. I still don't understand your point that it was a sensible response. If designed to upset customers then fair enough.

2 hours ago, IanN said:

That will be about £2,000 a year not going to BF. 

I think you are making a lot of fuss about nothing. Think of the poor CV members living in Cornwall. While the membership has gone up over the years the number of winter sailings have gone down.

I've said before that I don't understand people booking months in advance.

I can see I am flogging a dead horse here. My point is that People who have not supported BF in the last 18 months qualify for a discount where people who have deposited their cash with BF since July have used them three times get nothing.

Last September we had an email from the hotel chain we use in Spain. Thanking us for our support in 2020 and maintaining our ORO membership for a further 12 months without having to meet the financial spend criteria. (Membership is free). This has saved us £570.00 alone on breakfasts plus probably about another £250.00 on car parking. That I believe is a loyalty bonus not advertising spin. As for Bob's point about CV membership I have said before it's generally a good  scheme and have no complaints As we have no ferries at all sailing from Leicester I cannot see what Bob has got to complain about.  

Edited by IanN