1 hour ago, The Ferry Man said:

EtretatFinal5.jpg

Her funnel is RED!!  so not IF

EtretatFinal5.jpg

Couple of shots from this evening of Etretat's final arrival into Portsmouth.

EtretatFinal1.jpg

EtretatFinal2.jpg

EtretatFinal3.jpg

EtretatFinal4.jpg

Her funnel is RED!!

Edited by colinschandler
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Is it actually painted or could it be some sort of wrap which they have applied?

Ed

Definitely painted Ed, here’s the proof from this morning...

Not great shots, as close as I could get

Chris

283AABFB-CC82-4AC1-AAA7-B87146493D97.jpeg

55BDFE1B-C252-40F0-ABEE-EEAA1EF20CBE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I wonder if BF will ever use the name Etretat again, or whether it will now forever be associated with the Vissentini.  It’s a great name for a ship serving their Le Havre route, and of course was originally intended to be the name of one of the P&O Olau Prides had that takeover gone ahead.

I suspect not, and that that ship has sailed (so to speak).  Ditto with Honfleur, originally the name of the other P&O Pride.  Both names sadly too tarnished.  And BF has only ever once revived a former name.

• Like 1

So not only may the name Etretat bite the dust, so will this livery once she’s been to Gdańsk for a change of clothes. The last in the fleet to wear these colours? I managed to get closer this evening, the funnel is definitely a paint job...

Chris

D7A6567D-385F-433F-AB6E-B43351727570.jpeg

C740A281-3C19-40BE-B8C4-DC2573D6483B.jpeg

745910CD-4485-46A6-9150-4114A4DC4CEE.jpeg

9E7DF594-18E7-465D-985B-291D51DB286F.jpeg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

So not only may the name Etretat bite the dust, so will this livery once she’s been to Gdańsk for a change of clothes. The last in the fleet to wear these colours? I managed to get closer this evening, the funnel is definitely a paint job...

Chris

D7A6567D-385F-433F-AB6E-B43351727570.jpeg

C740A281-3C19-40BE-B8C4-DC2573D6483B.jpeg

745910CD-4485-46A6-9150-4114A4DC4CEE.jpeg

9E7DF594-18E7-465D-985B-291D51DB286F.jpeg

Are you within 10kms of your home address? If not...

Ed

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Are you within 10kms of your home address? If not...

Ed

Duh, Connemara still in the old colours..🤪

Actually it’s almost 17 Kms door to door, plus an extra one to nip down to the port for some ship spotting. I religiously download the attestation to my phone just in case. Not easy as you know Ed but as long as there’s a genuine reason to travel (and in my case to and from work) normally there’s no problem.,

I’ll be testing the U.K./EU system again on Tuesday morning at PIP, with an armful of paperwork and a brand new French pet passport for good measure, fingers crossed...

2 weeks ago it was an average of 3.5 Police or Border Force officers per vehicle so no room for complacency..😂 

Chris

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fine Whine said:

Oui mais bien sur mon cher Colin, of course it is...😂

Gareth will sign his life away for you I am sure.... I spent a night locked up in Cherbourg once ... Douanes. My wee brother also spent a night in the gendarmes's cells, but that was voluntarily, as he missed his ferry, spent the evening in too many bars, thought better of trying a hotel, so asked for a bed - and got that, breakfast, lunch and delivered to the next day's ferry.

1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

I’ll be testing the U.K./EU system again on Tuesday morning at PIP, with an armful of paperwork and a brand new French pet passport for good measure, fingers crossed...

2 weeks ago it was an average of 3.5 Police or Border Force officers per vehicle so no room for complacency..😂 

Chris

Hope that the armful of paperwork does the trick Chris, if you try to use the French  pet passport, they may spot the that it is not your photo!!

Edited by colinschandler
6 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Hope that the armful of paperwork does the trick Chris, if you try to use the French  pet passport, they may spot the that it is not your photo!!

All sorted Colin, the dog passed her driving test last week and will be at the wheel. I’ll bark loudly, wag my tail and be very friendly if they’re of a pleasant disposition. If not I’ll bite them in the bum...😳

Chris

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
28 minutes ago, colin said:... I spent a night locked up in Cherbourg once ... Douanes. My wee brother also spent a night in the gendarmes's cells, but that was voluntarily, as he missed his ferry, spent the evening in too many bars, thought better of trying a hotel, so asked for a bed - and got that, breakfast, lunch and delivered to the next day's ferry.

Stena Line today announce the latest addition to their Baltic Sea fleet. The 186 metre long Visentini RoPax vessel Stena Livia will initially join sister vessel Stena Flavia on the Nynäshamn-Ventspils route from mid-April. Later this year the pair will replace the existing tonnage on the ferry route between Travemünde and Liepaja, adding 40 per cent freight capacity and shorten the crossing time substantially.

Etretat is still berthed in Cherbourg, and yet to be renamed and flagged.

https://news.cision.com/stena-line/r/stena-livia-joins-the-baltic-sea-fleet,c3321344

• Like 1