Brittany and Normandy Highlights

3 hours ago, FleetwoodMark said:

P1000747.JPG

Domaine de Trevarez near Chateauneuf du Faou. Worth a visit! Especially in May with Rhododendron bushes dotting the park. Next year perhaps.... 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kept my Jaguar 25 yacht in Chichester Marina for many years. Lots of great memories. Chichester was a great base for exploring the Solent plus further afield to Christchurch and Poole Harbour.

In an effort to encourage my rehabititation and provide an opportunity to share the places we all love in Brittany and Normandy with some inspiring images I thought it might be worthwhile to share the

A new place which looks well worth visiting is the British Normandy Memorial situated between Arromanches and  Courseulles-sur-Mer unveiled today. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57373932 When

Posted Images

A new place which looks well worth visiting is the British Normandy Memorial situated between Arromanches and  Courseulles-sur-Mer unveiled today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57373932

When travelling back via Ouistreham from Brittany on the afternoon sailing we have usually diverted to Bayeux and then down to Arromanches before taking the coastal road to the ferry port and often stopping in one of the two towns for lunch.

Seems rather a while since we were last able to do it though.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, cvabishop said:

A new place which looks well worth visiting is the British Normandy Memorial situated between Arromanches and  Courseulles-sur-Mer unveiled today.

When travelling back via Ouistreham from Brittany on the afternoon sailing we have usually diverted to Bayeux and then down to Arromanches before taking the coastal road to the ferry port and often stopping in one of the two towns for lunch.

We had a fantastic 10 days staying at Camping La Vallee in Houlgate a number of years ago with a toddler (we later used the campsite as an overnight stop travelling from Glasgow via Rosyth and Zeebrugge to Carnac) and we were able to take in so many of the second world war sites plus Bayeux. More recently we have visited Pegasus Bridge on our way to the afternoon crossing and the Caen Memorial having come off the overnight ferry.

• Like 1
On 06/06/2021 at 19:26, cvabishop said:

I'm sure it will be worth visiting, but sadly not very accessible to those of us who do not have cars. Two buses a day only from Caen, the first of which arrives AFTER the return bus has left! 

Having seen the opening ceremony online I was hoping to visit this week, but the only way to get back will mean a bus to Bayeux, a long wait and then the train back to Caen. 

The summer timetable for the Bus Verts comes in shortly, so I'm hoping that will offer better options. I'll keep you posted.

Ken

You could stay overnight,  Ken.   Booking.com is listing 19 places to stay close to the new memorial at Ver sur mer - the ratings range from superb to exceptional.