• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PGTV,  Solution is simple..wait till the other sailings to Roscoff are announced and take one of those. 

Normandie may well transfer to Le Havre in winter to be replaced by the Amorique, however I suspect it will sit in one of the many unused quays !

Salamanca 🤔

5 minutes ago, David Williams said:

A great shame as it will probably mean that if we can’t go to Spain this summer, it will be too late to move to next summer !

David sorry I don't understand. It seems to me you can move them out to 2022. Have I missed something?

11 minutes ago, IanN said:

David sorry I don't understand. It seems to me you can move them out to 2022. Have I missed something?

Yes you can, they seem to be waiving the 12 month rule re changes.

However come June the decent cabins on the Santander route will have gone and the price gone up.  I was not planning on going to Spain next year as well as this year, however if this year is cancelled we would want to move it ! Never mind, we have a weekend to decide what to do.

16 minutes ago, David Williams said:

However come June the decent cabins on the Santander route will have gone and the price gone up. 

The other bad bit about the tickets opening in April is that insurance could be an issue . Last July when the tickets opened France and Spain were off the FCO advisory list & thus it was safe to buy them. I must reread the insurance rules, generally it is better to buy tickets when a Country is off the list.

The wording is interesting:-

Many routes will be available to take reservations until November 2022 in this phase 1 launch. The list includes key services linking Portsmouth with Caen and St Malo, Portsmouth & Plymouth with Santander, and Cork with Roscoff. Other routes will be open for sale too, but for now these will be limited to reservations made until the end of March next year. 

Phase 2 should come in May, when we will expand all availability into November 2022.

Didn't it say no price changes so a booking in June should still be early enough. We are happy with an outside 2/4 berth so it should not be an issue.

I hope not anyway as a payment goes out tomorrow for June and we have a September booking also so not really an option to move our June booking out till later this year 

2 hours ago, David Williams said:

The wording is interesting:-

Many routes will be available to take reservations until November 2022 in this phase 1 launch. The list includes key services linking Portsmouth with Caen and St Malo, Portsmouth & Plymouth with Santander, and Cork with Roscoff. Other routes will be open for sale too, but for now these will be limited to reservations made until the end of March next year. 

Phase 2 should come in May, when we will expand all availability into November 2022.

What are anyone’s predictions regarding timetable changes and fillet allocation, for the summer 2022 parts, being released on Tuesday?

4 hours ago, David Williams said:

Next years tickets will be on sale next week.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/coronavirus/ceo-message

A great shame as it will probably mean that if we can’t go to Spain this summer, it will be too late to move to next summer !

His normal optimism has gone hasn't it?  A rather gloomier message than usual.  2021 seems a write off already.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, jamess said:

What are anyone’s predictions regarding timetable changes and fillet allocation, for the summer 2022 parts, being released on Tuesday?

I'll save you the effort and say there's nothing of great interest. 

The only things of 'interest' will be the coverage of freight only routes.

11 minutes ago, ZinedineBiscan said:

His normal optimism has gone hasn't it?  A rather gloomier message than usual.  2021 seems a write off already.

It’s certainly a very bizarre statement. But, yes, I think it’s been pretty clear for a while that the general situation with containment of the virus across the continent has made 2021 all but unrealistic for a return for BF to normal operations.  I wouldn’t rule out some form of possibility for later in the summer, but the mid-May start-up of passenger services looks a long way away from being realistic.

Big question is, how much of this can BF survive?

Just read the statement, very gloomy reading, watching the news and hearing about the rising cases in France (as well as elsewhere) is a real concern.  I can’t see a May restart at the moment, not unless some drastic changes happen. 

1 hour ago, scarlton said:

I'll save you the effort and say there's nothing of great interest. 

The only things of 'interest' will be the coverage of freight only routes.

So now rotation of ships then? PA still from Plymouth, Bretagne still on St Malo?

8 hours ago, Gareth said:

It’s certainly a very bizarre statement. But, yes, I think it’s been pretty clear for a while that the general situation with containment of the virus across the continent has made 2021 all but unrealistic for a return for BF to normal operations.  I wouldn’t rule out some form of possibility for later in the summer, but the mid-May start-up of passenger services looks a long way away from being realistic.

Big question is, how much of this can BF survive?

Still sending out adverts on FB and email to book your summer 2021 travel though...

25 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

Still sending out adverts on FB and email to book your summer 2021 travel though...

They could bring Bretagne out of retirement and run cruises around the Isle of Wight with lunch included and the opportunity for some duty free shopping in international waters.

Ed

• Like 3

You really wouldn't want to take a mobility scooter over those metal ridges on ferry decks. The only positive aspect is that the old people could spend the afternoon playing 'Whose dentures are these?'

Ed

• Haha 2

The new timetables will be interesting and may include the Salamanca if that is going on the Santander route, however it may not be visible if replacing the CF to Bilbao. We will also see how limited services will be this winter.

This is all about cash flow, get some new money in for next year and persuade some to move to next year before their sailing is cancelled which would trigger a refund.

2 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

Also still taking the cash. I wish they wouldn't but understand why they do

• Like 1
8 hours ago, David Williams said:

The new timetables will be interesting and may include the Salamanca if that is going on the Santander route, however it may not be visible if replacing the CF to Bilbao. We will also see how limited services will be this winter.

This is all about cash flow, get some new money in for next year and persuade some to move to next year before their sailing is cancelled which would trigger a refund.

Can you actually get a cash refund, or is it always the infamous RCN?

5 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Both the Galicia Portsmouth to Santander crossings are 2 night crossings next year(Monday and Friday)

One of the Cherbourg passages must be a day crossing then. (Must be the northbound one).