3 minutes ago, David Williams said:

ps - I note that I cannot create a new topic in news and that my posts in this thread need moderator approval - is this intentional ?

Yes to the former (has been the case since the return of the forum from its outage - there’s a banner at the top of the News forum stating this.

No to the latter - that is a glitch.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PGTV,  Solution is simple..wait till the other sailings to Roscoff are announced and take one of those. 

Normandie may well transfer to Le Havre in winter to be replaced by the Amorique, however I suspect it will sit in one of the many unused quays !

Salamanca 🤔

4 minutes ago, PGTV said:

Only showing Plymouth to roscoff as two sailings a week for 2022? Surely a mistake 

Armorique sailings not yet added

Nice and painless.

I managed to get a Galicia Suite for next June. I ran into a website issue when trying to amend the ticket to add a French return (system added a roofrack !), however I got through on the telephone at 9 & added it.

Tickets prices are comparable with early booking last year.

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

2022 timetables  will be out within the hour

I got booked at 8-15 this morning,like all of us (most of us)got a credit note and we rebooked for October but could not book for return trip until crossings were released this morning.so as I said before rebooked this morning but they never took the outstanding credit we have left.decided to give them a day or two before giving them a call about this ,I have no doubt they could be snowed in with calls today.just hope this the start of better times for everyone.stay safe

12 minutes ago, nodwad said:

,I have no doubt they could be snowed in with calls today.

I got through at 9 ok.

Re the credit note, if this is less than the outstanding balance it can be added online in the booking amendment section.

Have seen a tweet this morning that 2022 sailings and bookings have been released this morning. Not had chance to review what’s available and timetable yet.

Plymouth Roscoff seems to only have Pont Aven every 3-4 days through summer 2022 at present 

Edited by richwarwicker
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Caen is showing a single passenger ship in the Winter, be interesting to see what the freight timetable shows when it is updated.

I have a feeling that'll change when the timetable for Armorique is published.

1 minute ago, jonno said:

I have a feeling that'll change when the timetable for Armorique is published.

Not so sure as it goes November to March, maybe BF have decided that one freight only & one mixed ship works in the winter on that route.

2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Not so sure as it goes November to March, maybe BF have decided that one freight only & one mixed ship works in the winter on that route.

That could be true too. Freight clearly drops on the Caen sailings over the winter period, BF would use larger a vessel than Armorique for cover otherwise.

BF Press Release:

Brittany Ferries opens early for 2022 reservations – Brittany Ferries (brittanyferriesnewsroom.com)

Brittany Ferries opens early for 2022 reservations

6th April 2021
  •  
    EXT38262-750x500.jpg

Brittany Ferries has today opened its books for 2022 reservations. The move comes three months earlier than normal and is partly designed to meet customer demand for holidays next year. But it also aims to deliver reassurance to those who hold 2021 reservations, should a return to international travel be delayed.

“We share the prime minister’s optimism that international travel will be back on the menu by May 17,” said Paul Acheson, sales and marketing director Brittany Ferries. “But we also know that many travellers may be concerned about the situation in the countries we serve. Opening early means we cover all bases. We can serve those wishing to book ahead, offering the best choice for 2022 sailings. We can also bring flexibility and reassurance for those with a 2021 booking who may wish to amend their reservation at some point in the weeks ahead.”

The launch will come in two phases, starting today. In phase one, most Brittany Ferries routes to France and Spain will open, covering services extending to November 2022. The list includes ferries linking Portsmouth with Caen and St Malo, Portsmouth & Plymouth with Santander, and Cork with Roscoff. Other routes will be open for sale too, but for now these will be limited to services operating into March next year.

For more details visit https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/planning/2022-travel

Phase two of the launch will come in May: Brittany Ferries will extend availability for all services up to November 2022.

The company says it is committed to holding 2022 prices at 2021 levels for the same journey. It also offers a range of flexible ticket options, offering further options for travellers. Reservations can be amended easily online via the My Booking function on the company website.

-Ends-

About Brittany Ferries

In 1967 a farmer from Finistère in Brittany, Alexis Gourvennec, succeeded in bringing together a variety of organisations from the region to embark on an ambitious project: the aim was to open up the region, to improve its infrastructure and to enrich its people by turning to traditional partners such as Ireland and the UK.

In 1972 BAI (Brittany-England-Ireland) was born. The first cross-Channel link was inaugurated in January 1973, when a converted Israeli tank-carrier called Kerisnel left the port of Roscoff for Plymouth carrying trucks loaded with Breton vegetables such as cauliflowers and artichokes. The story therefore begins on 2 January 1973, 24 hours after Great Britain’s entry into the Common Market (EEC). From these humble beginnings however Brittany Ferries as the company was re-named quickly opened up to passenger transport, then became a tour operator.

Today, Brittany Ferries has established itself as the national leader in French maritime transport: an atypical leader, under private ownership, still owned by a Breton agricultural cooperative. Eighty five percent of the company’s passengers are British.

Key figures:

• Turnover: €4 million in 2020 (compared with €469m in 2019)
  • Investment in three new ships, Galicia plus two new vessels powered by cleaner LNG (liquefied natural gas) arriving in 2022 and 2023
  • Employment: 2,474 seafarers and shore staff (average high/low season in 2020)
  • Passengers: 752,102 in 2020 (compared with 2,498,354 in 2019)
  • Freight: 160,377 units in 2020 (compared with 201,554 in 2019)
  • Twelve ships operating services that connect France, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Spain (non-Covid year) across 14 routes
  • Twelve ports in total: Bilbao, Santander, Portsmouth, Poole, Plymouth, Cork, Rosslare, Caen, Cherbourg, Le Havre, Saint-Malo, Roscoff
  • Tourism in Europe: 231,000 unique visitors, staying 2.6 million bed-nights in France in 2020 (compared with 857,000 unique visitors, staying 8,7 million bed-nights in 2019)

www.brittanyferriesnewsroom.com.

Christopher Jones  Christopher.jones@brittanyferries.com
Nigel Wonnacott Nigel.wonnacott@brittanyferries.com

2 hours ago, David Williams said:

I got through at 9 ok.

Re the credit note, if this is less than the outstanding balance it can be added online in the booking amendment section.

Many thanks for that,I will give it go later on.stay safe

3 hours ago, jamess said:

Armorique sailings not yet added

Seems strange to release the new timetables - but leave some of it off.

shame Friday day cross is still leaving later than before. 8am to arrive at 2-3pm was ideal. Now it’s arriving at 8pm. Add two-three hours to arrive at the house will mean arriving at dark - Try finding the stop cock in a middle of a field pitch black.

plus supermarkets would be closed come 8pm, and you can’t take food with you anymore due to Brexit?

16 minutes ago, PGTV said:

I think that they have released the key revenue routes and it gives them another month to finalise the impact of the new ship (CF replacement ?) before the final tranche of routes get released.

New timetables this early gives 2 advantages:-

1) Money now
2) If / When May sailings get cancelled in a week or two then they could offer like for like movement of bookings on most routes with no price adjustment.

41 minutes ago, PGTV said:

shame Friday day cross is still leaving later than before. 8am to arrive at 2-3pm was ideal. Now it’s arriving at 8pm. Add two-three hours to arrive at the house will mean arriving at dark - Try finding the stop cock in a middle of a field pitch black.

plus supermarkets would be closed come 8pm, and you can’t take food with you anymore due to Brexit?

You will be able to take some food with you, just not meat or dairy products.  Eggs will be accepted along with fruit and veg.  I suppose it may help to leave some long life milk in the house for use on arrival in future.  I wonder if BF would consider stocking small cartons of milk on board that would be acceptable to the authorities on arrival.

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

You will be able to take some food with you, just not meat or dairy products.  Eggs will be accepted along with fruit and veg.  I suppose it may help to leave some long life milk in the house for use on arrival in future.  I wonder if BF would consider stocking small cartons of milk on board that would be acceptable to the authorities on arrival.

I’m a bit confused as to which direction of travel is being discussed here.  The early pm departure of MSM is northbound and happens on either Wednesday or Friday (depending on time of year).  Why will the UK supermarkets be closed at 8pm on those days?

1 minute ago, David Williams said:

I imagine that it is Plymouth - Roscoff

Ah ok, sorry - thought it was about Portsmouth-Caen.

Yes, it’s all-change on the Plymouth timings with the permanent move of PA to Plymouth.

1 hour ago, PGTV said:

If I were in your shoes with an 8 p.m arrival in Roscoff ..it would mean an evening meal on the ferry, then a hotel in the town,  shopping the next morning after a leisurely breakfast, and then the 2 or 3 hour journey to the house. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wortley said:

If I were in your shoes with an 8 p.m arrival in Roscoff ..it would mean an evening meal on the ferry, then a hotel in the town,  shopping the next morning after a leisurely breakfast, and then the 2 or 3 hour journey to the house. 

If the PA timings stay as published, it will suit us very well as we are only 50 mins from Plymouth and 15 mins from Roscoff at the other end.

Friday PM out with a meal on board arrive 1945.  Sunday AM 1 or 2 weeks later back, catch up on Z's, then lunch on board. With a free Travel Club cabin each way.

Our French neighbours (keyholders) can switch on the electric and put some milk in the fridge for us.  If we give Fred a ring when we dock, he'll wait a few minutes for us or leave a couple of his essential shopping items out for us for us!! 🍷🍾

We can then shop at Super U on Saturday morning for saucisson fume, french cheeses and Cornish imported shellfish! etc. (we will give the Andoullette a miss! 😛).

• Like 1