6 minutes ago, KenTownley said:

Once again Plymouth - Roscoff missing from the start of November '21 until the end of March '22. ūüėě

Armorique doesn’t feature at all for summer 2022, so only showing 2 pont aven crossings a week all summer 2022 at present, although says more services will be added in May

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PGTV,  Solution is simple..wait till the other sailings to Roscoff are announced and take one of those. 

Normandie may well transfer to Le Havre in winter to be replaced by the Amorique, however I suspect it will sit in one of the many unused quays !

Salamanca ūü§Ē

Looking at the times including Santander they are all an hour or more later than when the PA ran only from Plymouth before.  The biggest change is the Tuesday crossing is overnight, in the past in was Afternoon from Plymouth and overnight from Roscoff, even the Sunday morning from Roscoff is later.

There's one sailing each way for the Armorique at the end on March, I assume they would hope to have her sailing the route before that but why just show the one sailing or was not supposed to be shown yet.

BF did say that 2022 sailings will be released in two phases, didn’t they?  There were some routes that would be released all the way up to November and others that would only be released up to 31 March.  Plymouth-Roscoff was in the second category.

Posted (edited)

Interesting notes on https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/planning/2022-travel

Plymouth to Roscoff    Selected sailings only*
    *Plymouth to Roscoff. Currently only sailings operated by Pont-Aven are available from March 2022. Armorique services will be available soon.
Portsmouth to Bilbao    Sailings available up to October 2021. Later travel dates coming soon.
Portsmouth to Le Havre    More details coming soon
Poole to Cherbourg    Sailings available up to October 2021. Later travel dates coming soon.

ps - there is a parallel thread under discussions !

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Gareth said:

BF did say that 2022 sailings will be released in two phases, didn’t they?  There were some routes that would be released all the way up to November and others that would only be released up to 31 March.  Plymouth-Roscoff was in the second category.

The worrying bit is the Armorique showing just the one sailing in March, does that mean the route will not open as early as usual?  Normally in March before the PA starts we can get in 24 hr trips at the weekend, very popular with Cyclist.

8 hours ago, jonno said:

That could be true too. Freight clearly drops on the Caen sailings over the winter period, BF would use larger a vessel than Armorique for cover otherwise.

I hypothesize: Transfer of NORMANDIE to Le Havre / Portsmouth in Winter, time to send the COTENTIN to the shipyard to accommodate passengers ?

46 minutes ago, LHCity said:

I hypothesize: Transfer of NORMANDIE to Le Havre / Portsmouth in Winter, time to send the COTENTIN to the shipyard to accommodate passengers ?

Normandie may well transfer to Le Havre in winter to be replaced by the Amorique, however I suspect it will sit in one of the many unused quays !

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, David Williams said:

It's been almost a year since there was only one passenger boat in Ouistreham. Anything is possible.

What do you think is planned for Cherbourg Poole?

5 minutes ago, LHCity said:

It's been almost a year since there was only one passenger boat in Ouistreham. Anything is possible.

What do you think is planned for Cherbourg Poole?

Salamanca ūü§Ē

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, Solo said:

The worrying bit is the Armorique showing just the one sailing in March, does that mean the route will not open as early as usual?  Normally in March before the PA starts we can get in 24 hr trips at the weekend, very popular with Cyclist.

Maybe it's because Easter is April 17 next year , the start of the Cork summer service is always dictated by the Easter holiday .

I don’t think that yesterdays release was as busy as last year as the website was fine all day and they did not have to use the queuing system.

Some complaints on Twitter about the length of the phone queue and being cut off however some got through ok.

I got through on the phone quickly, however I did call at exactly 9 which is when they switch off the closed message and allow the queue to open.

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

I don’t think that yesterdays release was as busy as last year as the website was fine all day and they did not have to use the queuing system.

Some complaints on Twitter about the length of the phone queue and being cut off however some got through ok.

I got through on the phone quickly, however I did call at exactly 9 which is when they switch off the closed message and allow the queue to open.

I didn't have a problem getting through on online chat, for cabins to be moved

15 minutes ago, jamess said:

I didn't have a problem getting through on online chat, for cabins to be moved

James, where did you find the Live Chat icon as I have been searching the BF website and can't find it?

Likewise I had no trouble logging on to sort out two bookings with Commodore cabins, though the sailings weren't available when I first tried at the crack of dawn. My brother-in-law was online at exactly the same time amending his same  bookings and we both pressed the buttons at the same time to make sure we got the same sailings and it all went swimmingly. Thankfully the cabins are next to each other and we aren't in the same one.

I wonder if the drop in web traffic was because the BF email saying that 2022 was now on sale didn't arrive until later yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty sure that there is usually one a few days beforehand, specifically for CV members.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

James, where did you find the Live Chat icon as I have been searching the BF website and can't find it?

It appears at the top to the left of sailing updates

It doesn't appear unless you are logged in.

They moved me on the Pont Aven to 8403, so I am hoping to get sunrise on the way to Spain!

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, colinschandler said:

Friday PM out with a meal on board arrive 1945.  Sunday AM 1 or 2 weeks later back, catch up on Z's, then lunch on board. With a free Travel Club cabin each way.

Just like the good old days, with the Val :) 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, David Williams said:

and Amorique gets to Le Havre for a week in November

plus a weekend trip to Bilbao, before the Cotentin takes up the reigns to Santander (meaning Le Havre becomes a weekday service only).

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Andy said:

But the arrival time is later than when the PA did it previously, not leaving much time to get very far Friday evening.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

On a suuny Sunday afternoon sailing¬†to Roscoff, try to grab¬†a couple chairs in the space by¬†the jackstaff, couple of cold beers and then, the much missed menu item "Lamb Gargantua" in La Cafe du¬†Port. Perfik as Del boy would say!ūüćĖūüć∑

My favorite ship, still have my original Property Owners Club membership card with her picture on.

Edited by colinschandler
  • Like 2