7 hours ago, AmigoCirculo said:

Likewise I had no trouble logging on to sort out two bookings with Commodore cabins, though the sailings weren't available when I first tried at the crack of dawn. My brother-in-law was online at exactly the same time amending his same  bookings and we both pressed the buttons at the same time to make sure we got the same sailings and it all went swimmingly. Thankfully the cabins are next to each other and we aren't in the same one.

I wonder if the drop in web traffic was because the BF email saying that 2022 was now on sale didn't arrive until later yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty sure that there is usually one a few days beforehand, specifically for CV members.

About getting a e mail about release of winter crossings via email we have had that problem many times and the same this year.i would not of known about release time and day if it was not for members on this site.many thanks.oopps stay safe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PGTV,  Solution is simple..wait till the other sailings to Roscoff are announced and take one of those. 

Normandie may well transfer to Le Havre in winter to be replaced by the Amorique, however I suspect it will sit in one of the many unused quays !

Salamanca 🤔

5 hours ago, Andy said:

plus a weekend trip to Bilbao, before the Cotentin takes up the reigns to Santander (meaning Le Havre becomes a weekday service only).

Does this mean that Santonna could serve Spain during the week and Le Havre on the Week End (like BDS) ?  Also note that Cap Finistère is no longer scheduled on any route for the time being after the end of October. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on Ireland. It seems that the schedule reshuffle is far from over.

What's the point of programming Armorique in Le Havre only for 1 week?

Edited by LHCity

Santona won’t feature in the 2022 schedules (at least, the part of them that this timetable release covers), so no conclusions to be drawn there.

Armorique is in Le Havre to provide refit cover to sustain the route while Cotentin is away.  I guess that must be viewed as a good sign - BF is clearly expecting enough freight to make the route worth sustaining.

• Like 1

Looking at crossing to Santander I am not impressed by a 2 night crossing from Portsmouth on Galicia when I can have a 1 night crossing from Plymouth on the Pont Aven in a cabin with a balcony.  

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, mjturner said:

Looking at crossing to Santander I am not impressed by a 2 night crossing from Portsmouth on Galicia when I can have a 1 night crossing from Plymouth on the Pont Aven in a cabin with a balcony.  

I think the Balcony cabins is the main loss, I like the 2 night crossing as the timings on both ends is good and you get 2 nights accommodation for the price of one !

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LHCity said:

Does this mean that Santonna could serve Spain during the week and Le Havre on the Week End (like BDS)

I guess that is possible, the crew has to change somewhere, we should find out next month.

However they never did check whether it will fit Le Havre !

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, David Williams said:

However they never did check whether it will fit Le Havre !

I’m pretty sure they cancelled that berthing trial because they decided she wouldn’t fit.  The trial at PIP3 was cancelled because she was clearly not  going to be able to berth there without blocking access to berths 1&2 and the AJQ.  So if she’s too long for PIP3 then she was obviously also going to be too long for the present roro berth at Le Havre.

57 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I’m pretty sure they cancelled that berthing trial because they decided she wouldn’t fit.  The trial at PIP3 was cancelled because she was clearly not  going to be able to berth there without blocking access to berths 1&2 and the AJQ.  So if she’s too long for PIP3 then she was obviously also going to be too long for the present roro berth at Le Havre.

Perhaps LHCity has more info. Google Maps satellite view has a ship in the berth, it looks like BDS which is 199m to Galicia’s 215m. I would have thought it was worth a trial to see whether the pilot station is really blocked.

For anyone planning a trip to France next year you might be interested to know that any motorway with tolls that has ongoing roadworks will see a small price reduction to compensate for the lower speed limits.

Ed

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Perhaps LHCity has more info. Google Maps satellite view has a ship in the berth, it looks like BDS which is 199m to Galicia’s 215m. I would have thought it was worth a trial to see whether the pilot station is really blocked.

Yes, I would have too, but BF seems to think otherwise.  I am quite sure that, if it were possible, BF would have preferred to use Le Havre than Cherbourg for Galicia’s crew change.  The fact that they are using Cherbourg would appear to me to speak for itself.

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Cap Finistère, which measures 205 meters, had no problem docking

20 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Yes, I would have too, but BF seems to think otherwise.  I am quite sure that, if it were possible, BF would have preferred to use Le Havre than Cherbourg for Galicia’s crew change.  The fact that they are using Cherbourg would appear to me to speak for itself.

I think rather that it is made to keep the Cherbourg / Portsmouth route open, in the absence of Normandie Express

Don't forget the significance of the rail link project at Cherbourg. The e-flexers large capacity make them an ideal candidate to support the supply of unaccompanied freight to the UK.

• Like 1

Santona will a be a Brittany controlled vessel when she arrives in 2023. My gut tells me she'll replace Pont Aven and still be able to offer 24hr crossings to Santander from Plymouth.

Cap Finistere won't perform any long term duties to or from Ireland unless she has major modifications to her engines and fuel system. She has open loop scrubbers which are banned in Irish waters and running her on MGO is currently too expensive medium to long term.

If there is a future for BF at Le Havre I wouldn't be surprised to see Barfleur relocated once Cotentin is established at Poole.

What else? Salamanca will also call at Cherbourg. Combined BF sailings from both Poole & Portsmouth mean that Cherbourg is BF's 2nd busiest route.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonno said:

Santona will a be a Brittany controlled vessel when she arrives in 2023. My gut tells me she'll replace Pont Aven and still be able to offer 24hr crossings to Santander from Plymouth.

Cap Finistere won't perform any long term duties to or from Ireland unless she has major modifications to her engines and fuel system. She has open loop scrubbers which are banned in Irish waters and running her on MGO is currently too expensive medium to long term.

If there is a future for BF at Le Havre I wouldn't be surprised to see Barfleur relocated once Cotentin is established at Poole.

What else? Salamanca will also call at Cherbourg. Combined BF sailings from both Poole & Portsmouth mean that Cherbourg is BF's 2nd busiest route.

If CAP FINISTERE was not authorized to sail in Ireland, why did he do so a few weeks ago? It seems to me that Ireland applies European legislation applicable to all European territorial waters ?

I also think that Barfleur could have a future in Le Havre ... or a transformed Cotentin for passengers.

30 minutes ago, jonno said:

Sorry, but, What is MGO ? 🙂

17 minutes ago, LHCity said:

If CAP FINISTERE was not authorized to sail in Ireland, why did he do so a few weeks ago? It seems to me that Ireland applies European legislation applicable to all European territorial waters

I didn't say she was not authorized, I said that running her on MGO was very expensive in the medium to long term.

All SCR use, be it the open or closed loop systems, is banned in all harbours but the regs for open loop scrubber use in territorial waters differs.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LHCity said:

Sorry, but, What is MGO ? 🙂

Marine Gas Oil. Basically diesel fuel. It's what Bretagne has been using since 2015 and NEX all her life.

• Thanks 1

Having a bit of a problem with rebooking.our crossings were cancelled due to the covid cancellations,we rebooked but could not book return crossing until ne crossings came out this week.we did this but booking did not take my credit off.on calling them I was told I should of added this crossing onto my existing crossing.i did not know this and told bf this.i have been told I could lose my credit because I did not add this crossing to my prior booking surely this is not right.awaiting a phone call off bf about this but finding it hard to believe it is causing a problem.to me just add my new crossing onto my prior booking.any advice would be appreciated.stay safe

I've said it before, but once more. If you haven't travelled on Cap Finistere and want to, do it this year!

6 hours ago, LHCity said:

I also think that Barfleur could have a future in Le Havre ... or a transformed Cotentin for passengers.

No and no at the moment.

4 hours ago, nodwad said:

Having a bit of a problem with rebooking.our crossings were cancelled due to the covid cancellations,we rebooked but could not book return crossing until ne crossings came out this week.we did this but booking did not take my credit off.on calling them I was told I should of added this crossing onto my existing crossing.i did not know this and told bf this.i have been told I could lose my credit because I did not add this crossing to my prior booking surely this is not right.awaiting a phone call off bf about this but finding it hard to believe it is causing a problem.to me just add my new crossing onto my prior booking.any advice would be appreciated.stay safe

Advice is difficult as it will depend on what the ‘credit’ is and what type of ticket you have.  It is possible to have a credit on a ticket that can only be used by an amendent to the same ticket if the credit is part of the original ‘deposit’. 
However as it is due to BF cancelling a sailing and you took the rebook option instead of your money back they may be flexible

7 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Have you noticed that there is a small global crisis under way? 😁

Ed

I'm being optimistic! Naivety is bliss..

4 hours ago, nodwad said:

Having a bit of a problem with rebooking.our crossings were cancelled due to the covid cancellations,we rebooked but could not book return crossing until ne crossings came out this week.we did this but booking did not take my credit off.on calling them I was told I should of added this crossing onto my existing crossing.i did not know this and told bf this.i have been told I could lose my credit because I did not add this crossing to my prior booking surely this is not right.awaiting a phone call off bf about this but finding it hard to believe it is causing a problem.to me just add my new crossing onto my prior booking.an

I assume you have amended the original booking and have a balance on that booking to use. The only way to add a return to that is in house, I don't think you can do it online but not sure.

If the new return has been made within 24 hours, you can cancel it with a full refund.

It's possible to create a voucher for the balance in booking 1 which can then be applied to booking 2. But whether that is allowed is another question.

59 minutes ago, scarlton said:

I'm being optimistic! Naivety is bliss..

I assume you have amended the original booking and have a balance on that booking to use. The only way to add a return to that is in house, I don't think you can do it online but not sure.

If the new return has been made within 24 hours, you can cancel it with a full refund.

It's possible to create a voucher for the balance in booking 1 which can then be applied to booking 2. But whether that is allowed is another question.

It all got sorted but I have to hold my hands up and say it was down to me I should of called them instead of booking online.i had paid 50% as  a deposit for my crossing in October returning December .so what they have done is cleared what i owe on my final payment on this crossing and given me a credit voucher to be used within 2 years.that is fine with me I caused the confusion by doing the way I thought would help them but was wrong on this point.the person who helped was very helpful so a well done to bf staff.stay safe

• Like 1