News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Normandie Express to Condor Ferries

Andy

Well, so far she has been called Norman Voyager three times at home here.  I will keep calling her NEX as I suppose this is a temporary arrangement.  Just to save me correcting myself all the time..🤣

1 hour ago, jonno said:

Heard now from two sources that there's a Portsmouth - Cherbourg - CI's return in the mix.

Wouldn't be suprised, liberations had berthing trails in Pompey when they did that filming there and cherbourg as well, so any of the vessels could be used on it 

I heard on the local grapevine that Liberation could be moving to the CI - St Malo route, but this seems not to be the case.  I did wonder if something was on the offing when NEX went on manoeuvres to the lift in March, she went for classification but she has been repainted and given a good sprucing up after her long lay up.  Assuming that her normal service wouldn’t be happening this year, I wondered if she had been sold!!

6 hours ago, Khaines said:

I’ve known for a week or so, but via confidentiality from another member, it wasn’t official then so kept my beak shut.   Be nice to see her in Poole again.

The official public announcement was only made today, but has been widely known and expected for some months now.

Having operated from Poole in 2015 she's proven she's a good fit for the port - and has of course also visited St Malo before whilst marking the start of the Route du Rhum, so an excellent fit for Condor's network.

• Like 1

• Andy changed the title to Normandie Express to Condor Ferries
2 hours ago, David Williams said:

peak months

I don't think any travel company wishes to use the word 'peak' right now. If Manche Iles Express feel it's unlikely they'll run any services to the CIs this summer, what is the likelihood that Condor will do so, and therefore why the rush to transfer NEX?

Ed

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I don't think any travel company wishes to use the word 'peak' right now. If Manche Iles Express feel it's unlikely they'll run any services to the CIs this summer, what is the likelihood that Condor will do so, and therefore why the rush to transfer NEX?

Ed

Cos Coming back from Jersey to the UK will not involve tests / quarantine etc..

If Jersey lets the Brits in they will come in droves.

6 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Cos Coming back from Jersey to the UK will not involve tests / quarantine etc..

If Jersey lets the Brits in they will come in droves.

Yes, but all the previous posts suggest she's a replacement for Rapide and will somehow be used primarily on a France-CI route. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Condor put in their timetables. 

Ed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Condor put in their timetables. 

Wait and see is about right for the Condor website. It was sooooo slooooow yesterday!

The question, now that BF is offloading one of only three assets it actually owns, is what will happen to CF and the corporate jet.

The latter was tracked earlier this month flying from Valence to Lyon and then on to Paris and Morlaix. Obviously that constituted essential travel during a lockdown. Perhaps a new route is being planned offering river cruising on the Rhone.

Ed

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

The latter was tracked earlier this month flying from Valence

Valence, Ed I'd like to add why?...Is that so it could all be classed as a bit transitive?

33 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

And does the plane have a name? 'Normandie Excess' for example?

Maybe they went for pleasure, there must be a limit to what you can get up to in Morlaix😇🤣

For what its worth, yesterday whilst speaking to BF reservations about another matter, I asked when the fares and sailings for the fast craft would be appearing. They said it would take a few weeks yet before routes/times and prices were made available. It did however sound like BF would be taking the bookings rather than Condor.

Edited by Paully
  • Thanks 1

I was just trying to work out why I had so much money in my bank account and then realised it's because I haven't been able to give BF a large chunk of it for a crossing on NEX yet this year.

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1