News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Normandie Express to Condor Ferries

11 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I was just trying to work out why I had so much money in my bank account and then realised it's because I haven't been able to give BF a large chunk of it for a crossing on NEX yet this year.

Ed

Be patient, sounds like it may happen.....Oh yes, on the other hand though☹️

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If she's reregistered in Nassau the CGT will go Bahamas! Ed

Yes, one per passenger to ensure social distancing. Ed

This is her yesterday before coming off the lift - spruced up? Not yet Paully.... Chris  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Paully said:

For what its worth, yesterday whilst speaking to BF reservations about another matter, I asked when the fares and sailings for the fast craft would be appearing. They said it would take a few weeks yet before routes/times and prices were made available. It did however sound like BF would be taking the bookings rather than Condor.

I guess that it will be published in May with the other schedules. Costs should come down with a Condor crew !

• Like 1

I always thought it was completely crazy running NEX with a French crew, staying overnight in the UK, incurring most operating costs in Euros when most of the income was in Sterling. I presume NEX will now be crewed this side of the Channel. Maybe the pandemic has focused minds on the economics of the operation rather than the preservation of French jobs, and this must be good for sustainability of NEx operation.

15 minutes ago, Altranter said:

a French crew, staying overnight in the UK

Not just that but someone had to drive Pierre Le Bear over to the New Forest each night in line with his ursine rights.

Ed

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Altranter said:

I always thought it was completely crazy running NEX with a French crew, staying overnight in the UK, incurring most operating costs in Euros when most of the income was in Sterling. I presume NEX will now be crewed this side of the Channel. Maybe the pandemic has focused minds on the economics of the operation rather than the preservation of French jobs, and this must be good for sustainability of NEx operation.

Condor employ a mix of CI and France based seagoing crew.

And unless UK government, regions, chambers of commerce and farmers become shareholders, I guess BF will still use French crew except when sounding out new routes and opportunities. The current circumstances reinforce the company's French raison d'être.

18 minutes ago, colin said:

Condor employ a mix of CI and France based seagoing crew.

And in fact mile for mile I think Condor Rapide was actually more expensive than NEX. 

A return from St Malo to Jersey used to cost between 65€ and 90€ depending on the time of travel. A return on NEX was generally 90€.

Ed

• Like 1

We live in the central belt of Scotland and our favourite holiday location is The Vendee. In 2013 our normal Ouistreham-Portsmouth crossing was 2 hours earlier, meaning a 6,30am departure from our campsite so I opted for the 17.00 from Cherbourg on NEX instead. Unfortunately MSM docked just in front of us and we ended up amongst the last 10 cars to clear passport control from the two ships. We had booked the Premier Inn at Warwick that night because it looked like a realistic stop-over on the way home, but this was the result. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Profile/ECMGlasgow/Review/168906267 Despite this NEX has been our go-to return from holiday.

Last summer, had our holiday not been cancelled, I would have had reservations about travelling on NEX as I had booked (I wouldn't get on a plane at the moment and to me NEX is akin to a plane in terms of social distancing). Having said that, NEX has served us and friends well, although we (unlike friends) have never had a rough crossing. Bon chance NEX and hopefully we will meet again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, elaine80 said:

We live in the central belt of Scotland and our favourite holiday location is The Vendee. In 2013 our normal Ouistreham-Portsmouth crossing was 2 hours earlier, meaning a 6,30am departure from our campsite so I opted for the 17.00 from Cherbourg on NEX instead. Unfortunately MSM docked just in front of us and we ended up amongst the last 10 cars to clear passport control from the two ships. We had booked the Premier Inn at Warwick that night because it looked like a realistic stop-over on the way home, but this was the result. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Profile/ECMGlasgow/Review/168906267 Despite this NEX has been our go-to return from holiday.

Last summer, had our holiday not been cancelled, I would have had reservations about travelling on NEX as I had booked (I wouldn't get on a plane at the moment and to me NEX is akin to a plane in terms of social distancing). Having said that, NEX has served us and friends well, although we (unlike friends) have never had a rough crossing. Bon chance NEX and hopefully we will meet again.

NEX is a brilliant ship - remember caning it back from Cherbourg on her, great crossing, much as looklng forward to having us in Poole, hope she eventually returns to being NEX being handed back on her normal route.  When all the vessels are back to normal!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, philldn said:

Looks like Normandy Express / Condor Voyager has moved onto the boatlift in Cherbourg. Wonder where she'll head first?  

Either up or down would be my guess.

😀

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well onwards an upwards the Nex/Condor Voyager is off the lift and back alongside the main quay..All spruced up and probably somewhere to go very shortly on the next big adventure..........got to be better than rotting in Le Havre

5 hours ago, Paully said:

Well onwards an upwards the Nex/Condor Voyager is off the lift and back alongside the main quay..All spruced up and probably somewhere to go very shortly on the next big adventure..........got to be better than rotting in Le Havre

This is her yesterday before coming off the lift - spruced up? Not yet Paully....

Chris

D081FBE9-7D22-464E-9C72-7F38B1BB18D7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

This is her yesterday before coming off the lift - spruced up? Not yet Paully....

Chris

D081FBE9-7D22-464E-9C72-7F38B1BB18D7.jpeg

Thanks Chris..Obviously next stop is the `body shop` for the new stickers..I wonder where that will be?..

11 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

Other side Possibly? Pics I have seen it is on her port side. She now has a pink bridge though!

Definitely a pink bridge but port side is still showing her as NeX so it must have been photoshopped. I was just coming off WB Yeats when I took this so not particularly brilliant quality..

Chris

D27B86D9-17EA-4742-8B9F-87FDEB258B17.jpeg

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Must have been a photoshopped image I saw of her on Facebook then as she had got her new name on.

Remember when the Cotentin got painted at the end of the Stena Charter, they put on the new name and then covered it up with a sticker containing the old name so that it was easy to swap over when it was re registered, they may have done the same here.