News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Normandie Express to Condor Ferries

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If she's reregistered in Nassau the CGT will go Bahamas! Ed

Yes, one per passenger to ensure social distancing. Ed

This is her yesterday before coming off the lift - spruced up? Not yet Paully.... Chris  

Posted Images

Yes, those were the images I saw - couldn’t remember where I saw them on Facebook.   The ones with the ribbons still evade me 

Edited by Khaines

Interestingly enough I’ve just blown up and compared the photo I took yesterday to the same one 3 weeks ago - spot the difference!

In reply to Paully’s question I imagine the rest of the Condor logo will be applied over the coming few days. Will pop down regularly and report back...

Chris

DC597E51-6E46-41C7-801B-0ED58BB29543.png

34205434-9B66-497F-A006-66FACAF060D8.png

• Thanks 3

I heard this from Tony W.

Condor Voyager will do sea trials followed by berthing trails before she heads to Poole, the new livery will be applied to the vessel while she's alongside in Poole.

Lib had her livery done at Poole didn’t she, and Trimline fitted her out, any likelihood that she will have any internal changes made - can’t see it if this is meant to be a short term summer job for her. 

Edited by Khaines
Typo

Possibly, David.  I have heard that it is a temporary arrangement, so one deduces from that she’ll be with Condor for this summer season, and she could well be back with BF for her normal route.  I wonder how long Condor will have her, as normally she gets put back to bed in September for the winter, will she operate the CIs during the winter months.

I would think they will both be testing the viability of routes and vessels over both this season and next. If it works it will continue, if it doesnt it won`t, but I can see it working for both companies. The routes and timings may well be tweaked as well.

There is also the possibility of what happens to Condor Rapide, which has been for sale for some time. That may well end up being sold.

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

If it was just for the summer, would they really have rebranded her ? 

There’s been no indication that this move is temporary.  I would be very surprised to see CV return to BF.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Gareth said:

There’s been no indication that this move is temporary.  I would be very surprised to see CV return to BF.

IF Condor can use her for most of the year and supply some BF sailings in the Summer that would be win win.

• Like 1

I asked regarding Barfleur on the BF Facebook page recently and they replied that she was still on course to return in May, restrictions allowing that is,  I have been wondering if Libby might end up doing Poole - Cherbourg ,she did trials in  Cherbourg didn’t she..

Sorry to jump in but how this for a solution to satify all parties....

Condor keep Rapide, Libertion and Voyager. 

Liberation moves to operate the St Malo service

Voyager is used from Poole on a morning Cherbourg rotation and then an afternoon CI rotation. 

Now here is the big IF actually more a pipe dream of pipe dreams (aka not going to happen!) but....

Rapde is removed from St Malo and is moved back to Weymouth (with some infrastructure work ofocure and a lot of council pursuation) to operate a Weymouth to CI daily trip. 

Appologies if this is speculative and off topic but I think it satifies all parties. 

• Like 1

Very on-topic!  Shows the benefits of operating a multi-vessel service.  The schedule you describe almost exactly mirrors the one Condor used to run when they had Express and Vitesse.  Sadly, though, I’m not sure whether the ferry ports at Weymouth is even there any more (?) - I know there were plans to redevelop the whole area that used to be the ferry port.

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Very on-topic!  Shows the benefits of operating a multi-vessel service.  The schedule you describe almost exactly mirrors the one Condor used to run when they had Express and Vitesse.  Sadly, though, I’m not sure whether the ferry ports at Weymouth is even there any more (?) - I know there were plans to redevelop the whole area that used to be the ferry port.

Being Local i can confirm the terminal building has now gone but to be honest it was falling down anyway. Site need re-development anyway. The link span is still in operation though still rises and falls with the tide so could work with Rapide running the service. I rember the old service pre-2012 with Weymouth running the early CI and late CI with poole doing an afternoon CI. It worked really well. Big benifit is Weymouht is 2hr max to Guernsey, in the day. I can see it working and would suit both parties. Even if Wemouth was seasonal and Rapide moved to ST Malo for the winter and NEX avalible for charter or something. Always thought a 1 ship service was a bad move. 

• Thanks 1

Firstly welcome to the forum Huricane..I do agree that the Liberation would be the ideal vessel for the St Malo run. Unlike the now Voyager, she`s better equipped for the longer run with more facilities and private lounges, which provide another income stream in the season, and which BF have introduced to the Barfleur.

It also remains to be seen if there is going to be an `interline` facility ie BF one way and Condor the other. I`m sure at some point in time they`ll enlighten their potential customers.

Seeing as the Weymouth project seems to have been abandoned due to financial pressures exacerbated by the pandemic, but that the harbour wall consolidation work has been completed...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/18766973.dorset-council-pulls-plug-weymouth-harbour-centre-excellence/&ved=2ahUKEwjey-zz6qPwAhU0AWMBHfV0AfcQFjAIegQICRAC&usg=AOvVaw1Xm-icIk6sbxGkvuTtgic7&cshid=1619712833033

... maybe there is still the opportunity for a ferry service to resume.

https://www.building.co.uk/news/plans-unveiled-for-135m-weymouth-seafront-redevelopment/3118665.article

But I still wonder if the demand would make the effort worth the trouble.

Ed

I remember all the grief James Fulford got for putting Libby in Poole - and all the abuse and seeming blame I got for it as well from the Weymouth Massive in some quarters.  I got called vile names.

Don’t want to really stoke that one up again, but to be honest Weymouth’s chances to run a ferry service was kaput long before the pandemic.  Because the council could not give a flying ferret.

18 hours ago, Khaines said:

I remember all the grief James Fulford got for putting Libby in Poole - and all the abuse and seeming blame I got for it as well from the Weymouth Massive in some quarters.  I got called vile names.

Don’t want to really stoke that one up again, but to be honest Weymouth’s chances to run a ferry service was kaput long before the pandemic.  Because the council could not give a flying ferret.

They won`t have a craft to operate Weymouth either..Tony Weaver says its presently up for sale in Poole for £7.5M with Sea Jets of Greece reported to be the future buyers. Condor will be Poole only.

• Like 1

Suppose the Libby haters will be happy another Incat is providing the service!  I’ve always got on with her, never had a bad crossing.  I was wondering about Rapide as to be honest, remember BF said everything is for sale at the right price when it was mooted Barfleur was up for sale, we asked on board.  Still with us (sort of!!) isn’t she.  If NEX is indeed summer only with Condor and she resumes BF service next year then what will be the replacement?  Libby won’t do it all alone.