Jump to content
News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Normandie Express to Condor Ferries


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If she's reregistered in Nassau the CGT will go Bahamas! Ed

Yes, one per passenger to ensure social distancing. Ed

This is her yesterday before coming off the lift - spruced up? Not yet Paully.... Chris  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Rattler43 said:

It will be interesting to see if Condor add a Club Class lounge. If they do it might be some indication how long Voyager will be staying with them.

If NEx is going to be used for longer journeys from UK to CI or France, I think a "Club Class" lounge would be vital and also good for generating additional revenue. I like the Condor lounges - they have always seemed very busy on UK - CI sectors, much less so on CI - St Malo. Liberation would be overkill for CI - St Malo as some have suggested, but I would be very happy to go UK - St Malo on Liberation. Also NEx if it had something more than the reclining seats which were fitted a few years ago, which are of only modest benefit relative to their cost.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easiest thing to do would be to stick a couple of Club Class signs on the Fire Doors to the Fwd Lounge and just designate the whole area as Club Lounge or Horizon Lounge.  Or have a small area designated Club with a steward doing table service from the Fwd Bar and the rest of the lounge as the Horizon Lounge.  Only issue is the Vehicle Deck access but a premium lounge is achievable at minimal cost to the company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

Not quite confirmation, but there is no sign of NEx/CV on the Portsmouth - Cherbourg route in 2022 yet...

*or Poole-Cherbourg

No sign in the Condor timetable yet either !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect we will have to wait until Condor issue their timetables, unless we get an informed leak, as to what will happen when and where with the fastcraft. A lot will depend on the sort of `interline` agreement BF & Condor have but I would imagine its Condor who will issue the fares and sailings first.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Condor timetables are out and the Voyager is doing Poole to St Malo 4 times a week, with a call in at Jersey and a voyage time of 6hrs 20mins..Liberation seems to be handling the Guernsey route with Portsmouth CI exclusively via the Clipper..Nothing calling at Cherbourg.

The very popular front seats with their panoramic views have unsuprisingly been changed to the `Horizon Lounge` with High speed wifi, exclusive bar and the aforementioned views but for £10.95 a seat. I think the previous BF club offering has been renamed to the premium Select. It has steward service, free tea and coffee, leather recliners and power at every seat but for the price of £15.95 a head.

Edited by Paully
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lib is doing Poole - Guernsey then

NEX - oops, Condor Voyager..😁.  St Malo.

Got that right have I, still got the Lib have I for Guernsey?  Good, love NEX, but would equally miss Libby.  Apologies, not awake yet!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Timetables page is on maintenance, but digging it seems Thurs, Fri, Sat both ways, and Monday southbound only. Starting in July. Does this suggest she could be doing some Poole-Cherbourg runs for BF?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stena Invicta said:

I don’t believe that is the case!

Well ok, if its not them then it looks like someone else, but it doesnt feature in their published plans for the future so its reasonable to assume its been sold, seeing as it was up for sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, so the thing that puzzles me is that we are booked to travel on Sunday 1 Aug to Jersey but currently on the website there is now no sailing, lib sails to Guernsey and NEX in St Malo. We have not be informed of a cancellation. Any idea why there is now no jersey sailing on the Sunday? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If indeed Condor are to operate additional services on behalf of BF this summer, it seems that these are intended to be operated by Liberation, rather than Voyager.

Liberation looks to be operating a Poole to Guernsey service Friday through Monday, but the Guernsey to UK sailings adopt a different pattern.

Liberation appears to be operating a Guernsey to Portsmouth service on Friday's and Saturday's, departing at 18:00 and arriving at 21:30.

The UK to Guernsey service still departs from Poole at 14:15 on both Saturday and Sunday. 

One would therefore assume that Liberation is going to be operating Portsmouth - Cherbourg - Poole on Saturday and Sunday mornings, rather than sailing in ballast from Portsmouth to Poole to reposition in time for the afternoon departure. 

The Guernsey to UK sailings on Sunday and Monday both operate into Poole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read elsewhere of St Malo - Guernsey sailings, and assuming Rapide is gone, these would have to be operated by either Liberation, running through from a UK service, or Voyager as part of a shuttle when she has time between her Poole-Jersey-St Malo runs?

Still not sign of any inter islands service.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of inter island and cancellation of some Poole to Jersey trips makes me think Rapide may still be being used but they haven't finalised what shes doing yet. Who knows. It would be very odd if they didnt do any inter island trips at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ChannelJet said:

If indeed Condor are to operate additional services on behalf of BF this summer, it seems that these are intended to be operated by Liberation, rather than Voyager.

Liberation looks to be operating a Poole to Guernsey service Friday through Monday, but the Guernsey to UK sailings adopt a different pattern.

Liberation appears to be operating a Guernsey to Portsmouth service on Friday's and Saturday's, departing at 18:00 and arriving at 21:30.

The UK to Guernsey service still departs from Poole at 14:15 on both Saturday and Sunday. 

One would therefore assume that Liberation is going to be operating Portsmouth - Cherbourg - Poole on Saturday and Sunday mornings, rather than sailing in ballast from Portsmouth to Poole to reposition in time for the afternoon departure. 

The Guernsey to UK sailings on Sunday and Monday both operate into Poole.

From what I can see on the site the Portsmouth sailings are being operated by the Commodore Clipper rather than the fast craft. They also appear to intend now some inter Island routes https://www.condorferries.co.uk/ferry-routes-ports/ferries-to-guernsey/jersey-to-guernsey-ferry

In fairness I think their plans are still a work in progress so changes may yet still occur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colin said:

I read elsewhere of St Malo - Guernsey sailings, and assuming Rapide is gone, these would have to be operated by either Liberation, running through from a UK service, or Voyager as part of a shuttle when she has time between her Poole-Jersey-St Malo runs?

Still not sign of any inter islands service.

 

1 hour ago, Huricane said:

The lack of inter island and cancellation of some Poole to Jersey trips makes me think Rapide may still be being used but they haven't finalised what shes doing yet. Who knows. It would be very odd if they didnt do any inter island trips at all.

Officially nothing has been decided regarding Rapide. Whether they are leading us down the garden path again is a different question... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...