News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Normandie Express to Condor Ferries

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of photos of Voyager, she’s still in Cherbourg and looks very good in her new colours ( taken from a departing Galicia just now) Chris

If she's reregistered in Nassau the CGT will go Bahamas! Ed

I was in Cherbourg on tuesday, 2 guys were starting to paint the Condor name with masking tape.  Normandie Express was still the official name on the stern, but it was only a sticker on top of her fut

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Huricane said:

Any news on Rapide during the summer? She's still showing on the schedule post September

My personal thoughts are that Voyager is to cover Rapide on what is probably going to be their busiest summer and then maybe we might see a replacement in the next two - three years... maybe...

7 hours ago, tecnosam6 said:

My personal thoughts are that Voyager is to cover Rapide on what is probably going to be their busiest summer and then maybe we might see a replacement in the next two - three years... maybe...

A replacement will almost certainly be another HSC.  Maybe another large one like Lib.  Lib was a prototype and she has definitely improved a lot from her rather “difficult” start and several other similar vessels are around now.  

2 hours ago, Khaines said:

A replacement will almost certainly be another HSC.  Maybe another large one like Lib.  Lib was a prototype and she has definitely improved a lot from her rather “difficult” start and several other similar vessels are around now.  

Without a doubt it will be another HSC. I doubt it will be another lib though. If anything, I can see Lib going to St Malo and possibly another INCAT going on the northern route. Although Lib is a nice enough ship, she would probably be suited more to the St Malo routes.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, colin said:

She is here in St Malo. For berthing trials I suppose? Perhaps she will then do the same in St Helier and St Peter Port?

She's been to St Malo before, hasn't she, when she was supporting the Route du Rhum?

Ed

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

She's been to St Malo before, hasn't she, when she was supporting the Route du Rhum?

Ed

Yes, but not loading vehicles, other than stores I think.

Photo from Facebook group Les Bateaux De Saint-Malo by Phil Lenoir.

May be an image of body of water

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
On 29/05/2021 at 15:19, colin said:

She is here in St Malo. For berthing trials I suppose? Perhaps she will then do the same in St Helier and St Peter Port?

Did she try both berths?

50 minutes ago, penguin said:

Did she try both berths?

Only the outer one I think. Word here is that it is Condor crew training.

2 hours ago, tecnosam6 said:

Anyone know what she is doing sitting at around 3.8knots outside St Malo?

Word here has her doing familiarisation trials with new Condor crew. She has been doing the hokey cokey for several days.

1 hour ago, Khaines said:

'Condor Voyager hits dolphin'. They want to be careful with the headlines otherwise the environmental protesters will be out in force.

Ed