News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Normandie Express to Condor Ferries

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of photos of Voyager, she’s still in Cherbourg and looks very good in her new colours ( taken from a departing Galicia just now) Chris

If she's reregistered in Nassau the CGT will go Bahamas! Ed

I was in Cherbourg on tuesday, 2 guys were starting to paint the Condor name with masking tape.  Normandie Express was still the official name on the stern, but it was only a sticker on top of her fut

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Khaines said:

Going to grab her on the fjb webcam if possible.  I say possible because my internet connection is hit and miss at the moment!!  

I've beaten you to it! Looks like it might be a game of musical ships in a few moments!

image.png

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, tecnosam6 said:

I've beaten you to it! Looks like it might be a game of musical ships in a few moments!

image.png

I only just come online - missed her by five mins.  Never mind, glad someone is more on the ball than me.  Will have plenty of chances to catch her anyway.🙂👍

4 minutes ago, DorsetWillsy said:

Few of her alongside with the Armorique in the background, and the 2 other Condor hsc

IMG_20210603_210655.jpg

IMG_20210603_210600.jpg

Nice one, managed to get Elandess in as well!!  I am possibly going out on one of the pleasure boats this morning from the quay to grab a few shots, Arm has now departed, but great someone has got the lot of them together.  Nice to see Poole so busy with ferries again.

2 hours ago, captjack said:

Should this thread be renamed Condor Voyager now ?

Not really, the thread as it is is self explanatory, Normandie Express is now Condor Voyager.  She is mostly known by her BF name anyway, especially here, same as Barf was in Dover, still called her by her BF name anyway, rather than the name DFDS gave her.   I personally call our new Poole friend  NEX/Condor Voyager, call her both.

19 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Not really, the thread as it is is self explanatory, Normandie Express is now Condor Voyager.  She is mostly known by her BF name anyway, especially here, same as Barf was in Dover, still called her by her BF name anyway, rather than the name DFDS gave her.   I personally call our new Poole friend  NEX/Condor Voyager, call her both.

But NEX is not it’s name anymore, it’s had an official name change. It’s not called both

• Like 1
1 hour ago, captjack said:

But NEX is not it’s name anymore, it’s had an official name change. It’s not called both

Not unless we see her also become Normandie Voyager in the future!

So did Barfleur change her name officially to Deal Seaways.  Until BF swiped her back and she reverted to Barfleur again.  If this is a short term charter then she will become NEX again, she would also revert to her BF name.  At least Condor Voyager is less of a mouthful than Condor Liberation

1 hour ago, Khaines said:

So did Barfleur change her name officially to Deal Seaways.  Until BF swiped her back and she reverted to Barfleur again.  If this is a short term charter then she will become NEX again, she would also revert to her BF name.  At least Condor Voyager is less of a mouthful than Condor Liberation

What was that US trucker saying - "Looks like we've got ourselves a "Convoy"

• 2 weeks later...

On 04/06/2021 at 20:12, captjack said:

Officially, she is still registered as Normandie Express:

image.thumb.png.acd5b21394128dd4e2a164ab91521859.png

On 04/06/2021 at 21:52, Khaines said:

Barf did indeed officially change her name whilst with DFDS and indeed changed management but not ownership:

image.thumb.png.2bd4549e20549dd99b7512a0a381d718.png

image.thumb.png.7010f48ca7004d85b3ffa5a7a3d8f18a.png

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

With which organisation? If you search for the IMO number you get Condor Voyager. Is your tracking page perhaps out of date or needs refreshing?

Ed

With Equasis. All her survey information has been updated. I've looked in other places and she is still down is NEX.

2 minutes ago, tecnosam6 said:

With Equasis. All her survey information has been updated. I've looked in other places and she is still down is NEX.

Ok, thanks. So how does that work? Is that information relating to the 'owner' rather than the 'operator'?

Ed

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ok, thanks. So how does that work? Is that information relating to the 'owner' rather than the 'operator'?

Ed

From what I can see, information is provided by the owners/managers and flags states. Whether there has been a delay in information being updated, I don't know but he latest class renewal is one there.

I think Equasis just hasn't been updated yet as it also doesn't show her change of flag to Bahamas.   If she was still officially Normandie Express she'd have to display it somewhere like P&O's Portsmouth Express had to when her official name was Catalonia. 

6 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

With which organisation? If you search for the IMO number you get Condor Voyager. Is your tracking page perhaps out of date or needs refreshing?

Ed

Out of interest, I "googled" IMO 9221358 and there were numerous results, some showing as NEX and some as CV. The ones that had been updated to Condor Voyager, registered in Nassau were sites which you had to be a subscriber to find Owner and Manager. The free sites were all out of date for name, registration, and were  showing BF as owner and manager. Note: I am a total novice in these matters!!!

Edited by colinschandler

You cannot just rename a ship then not officially change its name, doesn’t matter who the owners are or weather it will change its name back to its previous name.  Whatever name is painted on the side that is it’s official name. 

Edited by captjack
2 hours ago, captjack said:

You cannot just rename a ship then not officially change its name, doesn’t matter who the owners are or weather it will change its name back to its previous name.  Whatever name is painted on the side that is it’s official name. 

And whatever name is on the side has to be the name registered with the registry at the rear.