The car insurance GREEN CARD is back.

Car insurance company tells me I must apply for a green card for each trip to France. Give at least 21 days notice!  Can issue an "emergency " card if I leave less than 21 days.
When will I be coming back? When I want says I. "we need a date" say them.

Off to get some travellers cheques and a postal order for 10 shillings. Check all my jabs for yellow fever are up to date and see if the bank manager can approve me taking £20 out of the country by stamping my passport. 

The sixties were great times.

Anyone got you know whose mobile number?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, straightfeed said:

The car insurance GREEN CARD is back.

Car insurance company tells me I must apply for a green card for each trip to France. Give at least 21 days notice!  Can issue an "emergency " card if I leave less than 21 days.
When will I be coming back? When I want says I. "we need a date" say them.

I suggest that on renewal you get a different insurance company. We just get an annual green card on white paper from our one so don’t get the hassle !

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I suggest that on renewal you get a different insurance company. We just get an annual green card on white paper from our one so don’t get the hassle !

I am so cleaver I got a huge reduction plus an Amazon voucher by changing companies. Yep, the old insurance had the green card info on the policy back. Thats stuffed me then. 
I'm told its all changed as we've now left the EU. Time will tell.

Earlier this week I received an email from my insurer LV= as follows:

The Green Card you're issued with will be valid from the date of this request, until your next renewal date. All drivers associated with the named vehicle will be covered, however only the policy holder's name will be shown on the card.

So it just looks like it is the insurace company being difficult. (Assuming your cover automatically includes driving abroad)

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, straightfeed said:

I'm told its all changed as we've now left the EU

It has, we now need the 'Green Card' again  , however that can last as long as the policy if  you are insured abroad without having to notify them in advance of trips.  I just asked for one online after the last renewal. Note that trailers will need a separate Green Card. I have LV= as well as that has always been good at foreign cover.

Edited by David Williams
  • Sad 1

I'm with Saga and I asked for a green card on renewal last month. Arrived a couple of days later printed on white paper for length of the insurance. Lady said something about  It had to be sent from them and couldnt be downloaded. Didnt listen much as I was internally celebrating getting her to knock £50 of my premium by dropping 4000 miles off my annual mileage.