Ferry options? Day or night? Thoughts and info, please

Another factor for Club Voyage members to take into consideration is the variation in benefits for crossings at different times of day.  Namely a free basic interior cabin (or exterior for just £5) on afternoon crossings from the UK or on morning crossings from France.  No reduction for cabins overnight but a generous breakfast allowance for each passenger.

1 minute ago, PGTV said:

Toblerone….

it’s the only thing I see people buying (Armorique Plym to Ross). I’m yet to do this myself. 

Cheaper to buy that in the shops in the UK!!  Although I still get it on the boat anyway..🤣

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

My purchases will be in bottles and at least 40% ABV (ideally 50% )

Unfortunately I cannot tolerate alcohol so I raid the chocolate.  And biscuits...

Edited by Khaines

I have been travelling to France for work, I used to work for a company based in St Malo and holidays initially to Brittany then to the vendee and now to the south of France.

Living in Cumbria for me and my family there is only one option outward an that is Portsmouth to St Malo leaving after breakfast and getting to Portsmouth around 5 o clock.

I have tried evening crossings to Caen and Roscoff from Plymouth but always arrived in France feeling knackered to be honest so St Malo is default choice, anyway nothing better than sitting at rear of Bretange watching Blighty dissapear with a G n T in hand.

Return crossing Caen to Portsmouth as easier to join motorway network and head home.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Khaines said:

Unfortunately I cannot tolerate alcohol so I raid the chocolate.  And biscuits...

Might be just me - but I find the coffee from the £ 1.00 vending machine onboard the Armorique better than the £ 3.50 one from the cafe onboard? There is a bitter chocolate coffee (think it is), I purchased by mistake, took a few sips and thought ewww, but actually turned out really nice. It’s the one I go for now.

i avoid the tea pots in the self service thou - I mistakenly opened the lid on one. Yes, you can get 2-3 cups worth, but gee, it was black inside! Don’t think they are cleaned properly 

completely useless facts - but someone might find it interesting 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PGTV said:

Might be just me - but I find the coffee from the £ 1.00 vending machine onboard the Armorique better than the £ 3.50 one from the cafe onboard? There is a bitter chocolate coffee (think it is), I purchased by mistake, took a few sips and thought ewww, but actually turned out really nice. It’s the one I go for now.

i avoid the tea pots in the self service thou - I mistakenly opened the lid on one. Yes, you can get 2-3 cups worth, but gee, it was black inside! Don’t think they are cleaned properly 

completely useless facts - but someone might find it interesting 

I remember picking up an Earl Grey teabag instead of an English Breakfast one.  One sip of that...🤢. Luckily they changed it in the self service!!