Passenger locator forms!

1 hour ago, IanN said:

David

How will a PCR test at checkin work? I thought the quickest test was 24 hours or have I got this wrong. 

I do hope you are correct

The UK will allow the lateral flow test on the way back - there are some companies that now sell you one to take away and then you do a video call to be watched swabbing yourself, you then send them a timed picture of the result and then you get a certificate - sounds like a hassle ! No reason why it could not be setup in carparks around the ports.

1 hour ago, Watford Roy said:

Given the 72 hour rule for negative COVID tests I wonder how we will fare if (as has happened to me) there is a 24 hour+ delay to the ferry due to bad weather,  I have read that the 72 hour rule applies to arrival  and if that's the case I can't see how people sailing UK/Spain can schedule test/get to the port/sail for 24 hours/arrive and feel confident that they've stayed within the 72 hour deadline. And what about the 2 night sailings to Spain!!!!.

Re Spain, at this time there are some places doing Lamp tests which are around 2 hours turnaround & accepted by Spain but not France, however hopefully Spain will remove that condition come the summer. 

4 hours ago, Watford Roy said:

Given the 72 hour rule for negative COVID tests I wonder how we will fare if (as has happened to me) there is a 24 hour+ delay to the ferry due to bad weather,  I have read that the 72 hour rule applies to arrival  and if that's the case I can't see how people sailing UK/Spain can schedule test/get to the port/sail for 24 hours/arrive and feel confident that they've stayed within the 72 hour deadline. And what about the 2 night sailings to Spain!!!!.

Spain being Amber is of no real consequence to me as 10 days at home alone has become standard but 3 or 4 COVID tests will prove to be expensive.

We are travelling down from Scotland. I was planning to get the test done on 22nd, results by 10pm 23rd - sailing on 24th. We only arrive on 26th (two night crossing). How strict will they be I wonder? According to the "Spain Travel Health" page, the ferry or airline will check your "negative" test against your passport details prior to travel. In this case, we will fit the <72 hrs guide but not for arrival. What a palaver!

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

The UK will allow the lateral flow test on the way back - there are some companies that now sell you one to take away and then you do a video call to be watched swabbing yourself, you then send them a timed picture of the result and then you get a certificate - sounds like a hassle ! No reason why it could not be setup in carparks around the ports.

Sorry 

I didn't think lateral flow was acceptable even though it is used for schools a massive help thanks 

I am pretty sure that the 72 hours takes you to the check in at the ferry port.

I did ring Brittany ferries at Santander and the kind lady spoke good English as explain that was the case.

it makes sense as anything can happen at sea!!

also she sent an email giving local approved testing centres in Santander.

Plus she said that U.K. was accepting the Antigen test.  
I called in at my local pharmacy here in Portugal where you can buy them over the counter ‘ however they also provide a service whereby they do the test for you and fill in the result with their stamp of approval as proof that the procedure was done to standard along with the result, so that’s worth considering and looking into.

27 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I am pretty sure that the 72 hours takes you to the check in at the ferry port.

Depends on the direction, going to the UK or France the time is to checkin. Going to Spain the time is to arrival.

Good news re the Pharmacist, I hope that there are some in France that do it.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, David Williams said:

Good news re the Pharmacist, I hope that there are some in France that do it.

There are many which will do the antigen test for you (I had one back in February) but I'm not sure they will do anything more complex. My wife now has a pack of 5 home tests as a teacher but doesn't want to use them. She's supposed to use 2 per week but I suspect we'll end up with a large stock of unused tests between now and the end of term. Her logic seems to be if she can smell the 'Conte' cheese we have in the fridge then she hasn't got COVID.

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thankfully Covid hasn’t affected her nasal skills but it’s obviously affected your spelling skills Ed - try Comté ....😂.

Mrs FW is a teacher too and she has enough test kits stashed away to do our whole street..

Chris

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Thankfully Covid hasn’t affected her nasal skills but it’s obviously affected your spelling skills Ed - try Comté ....😂.

Mrs FW is a teacher too and she has enough test kits stashed away to do our whole street..

Chris

Damn auto-correct again. Thanks. The offending phone will be taken out and flogged.

Ed

• Like 1

The Passenger Locator Forms have changed in their presentation between March and May this year.

Each revision appears a backward step !

For example in March the answer to 'Country of Issue of passport' was unsurprisingly … United Kingdom.

In May the only answer acceptable for 'Country of Issue of passport' is now… British Citizen ???

It was hard to find that and you cannot submit the form without it,  I tried UK ?, England ?, Great Britain ? which were not options.

There is no space allocated to include a phone number if you are not in quarantine at the home address they have recorded for you.   

The result being I am receiving calls every day from Test and Trace, whose script has also been updated, but Mme BZH has had no call.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BZH29 said:

Mme BZH has had no call.

Interesting, when I questioned the caller on their harassment tactics last month they told me it was "legislation from February" to call every day...

I don't have an i phone either  at the moment but have just rung 119 and they are sending me a letter instead. it's a bit of a palaver getting through but I feel happier with a piece of paper. Not  sure what you would do about  the passenger locator form, last year you could  fill out a hard copy on arrival at Portsmouth.

38 minutes ago, DucdeNormandie said:

Not  sure what you would do about  the passenger locator form, last year you could  fill out a hard copy on arrival at Portsmouth.

Definitely not possible now.  Check in need to see the form to ensure they're not at risk of being fined for transporting someone that should not be entering the country "illegally".