Condor summer timetable

Yes I think Condor need to trim in their services in light of Covid and its massive inpact on revenues last year. See this screenshot from a news story on ITV Channel TV website.

20210513_175136.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nick Hyde said:

Yes I think Condor need to trim in their services in light of Covid and its massive inpact on revenues last year. See this screenshot from a news story on ITV Channel TV website.

20210513_175136.jpg

Thanks. Do you know if the entry rules (traffic lights) for both Guernsey and Jersey will be the same as for the UK?

Ed

46 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Thanks. Do you know if the entry rules (traffic lights) for both Guernsey and Jersey will be the same as for the 

I'm not totally sure on international travel to Guernsey and red and greem traffic lights. But from UK to Guernsey restrictions should be loosened dramatically by 1st July.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have had both jabs and have downloaded the NHS app (not the track and trace one) as the Government are supposed to be planning to have that as a vaccine passport.  Think you have to get your GP to validate it though! 

Be interested to know what the CI requirements would be for entry when they do open borders. 

Edited by Khaines

12 hours ago, Khaines said:

I have had both jabs and have downloaded the NHS app (not the track and trace one) as the Government are supposed to be planning to have that as a vaccine passport.  Think you have to get your GP to validate it though! 

Be interested to know what the CI requirements would be for entry when they do open borders. 

With Guernsey from July the plan is I believe for a test on arrival with no need to quarantine. But this is of  course subject to change, especially I imagine with concerns over the Covid Indian variant.

There is a States of Guernsey Covid briefing today at 1pm today. The briefing is a bit like the one's Boris does, with Guernsey's chief minister leading it. You can watch it live via the States of Guernsey Facebook page. They will be providing further updates on travel then. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Entry into Guernsey unrestricted if you have had two jabs. Large scale advertising for this Summer in the UK by the Guernsey Tourist Industry. Condor response? Cut fast ferries to weekends only. If the fiasco on Monday is anything to go by. Condor can't cope with demand with three ferries a week, which will leave potential visitors going elsewhere!

I know tides are often cited, but I cant understand why Liberation cant have a set departure from Poole to CI? Commodore Clipper pretty much always departs at 0900 from Portsmouth. 

And with the larger Voyager, would it not be possible to have Liberation do a 1000/1100 Poole-St Peter Port-St Helier-St Malo and return and Voyager do a 1000/1100 St Malo-St Helier-St Peter Port-Poole?

Could Voyager even manage an additional 0800 St Malo-St Helier-St Malo before going to Poole via CI.

Getting difficult to understand Condor. Liberation 5 hours earlier than scheduled from Poole today but Voyager 90 minutes later. Wind speeds cited as the reason but only 26 knots and 2 metre waves, so that makes it a bit hard to believe. How can they expect passengers to rearrange their journeys with such short notice? Operational issues seem to be taking priority over customer service, which is really sad. I expected better but my own experience this Summer has been much, much worse - and it wasn't great before!