Condor summer timetable

Yes I think Condor need to trim in their services in light of Covid and its massive inpact on revenues last year. See this screenshot from a news story on ITV Channel TV website.

20210513_175136.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nick Hyde said:

Yes I think Condor need to trim in their services in light of Covid and its massive inpact on revenues last year. See this screenshot from a news story on ITV Channel TV website.

20210513_175136.jpg

Thanks. Do you know if the entry rules (traffic lights) for both Guernsey and Jersey will be the same as for the UK?

Ed

46 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Thanks. Do you know if the entry rules (traffic lights) for both Guernsey and Jersey will be the same as for the 

I'm not totally sure on international travel to Guernsey and red and greem traffic lights. But from UK to Guernsey restrictions should be loosened dramatically by 1st July.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have had both jabs and have downloaded the NHS app (not the track and trace one) as the Government are supposed to be planning to have that as a vaccine passport.  Think you have to get your GP to validate it though! 

Be interested to know what the CI requirements would be for entry when they do open borders. 

Edited by Khaines

12 hours ago, Khaines said:

I have had both jabs and have downloaded the NHS app (not the track and trace one) as the Government are supposed to be planning to have that as a vaccine passport.  Think you have to get your GP to validate it though! 

Be interested to know what the CI requirements would be for entry when they do open borders. 

With Guernsey from July the plan is I believe for a test on arrival with no need to quarantine. But this is of  course subject to change, especially I imagine with concerns over the Covid Indian variant.

There is a States of Guernsey Covid briefing today at 1pm today. The briefing is a bit like the one's Boris does, with Guernsey's chief minister leading it. You can watch it live via the States of Guernsey Facebook page. They will be providing further updates on travel then. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Entry into Guernsey unrestricted if you have had two jabs. Large scale advertising for this Summer in the UK by the Guernsey Tourist Industry. Condor response? Cut fast ferries to weekends only. If the fiasco on Monday is anything to go by. Condor can't cope with demand with three ferries a week, which will leave potential visitors going elsewhere!

I know tides are often cited, but I cant understand why Liberation cant have a set departure from Poole to CI? Commodore Clipper pretty much always departs at 0900 from Portsmouth. 

And with the larger Voyager, would it not be possible to have Liberation do a 1000/1100 Poole-St Peter Port-St Helier-St Malo and return and Voyager do a 1000/1100 St Malo-St Helier-St Peter Port-Poole?

Could Voyager even manage an additional 0800 St Malo-St Helier-St Malo before going to Poole via CI.

Getting difficult to understand Condor. Liberation 5 hours earlier than scheduled from Poole today but Voyager 90 minutes later. Wind speeds cited as the reason but only 26 knots and 2 metre waves, so that makes it a bit hard to believe. How can they expect passengers to rearrange their journeys with such short notice? Operational issues seem to be taking priority over customer service, which is really sad. I expected better but my own experience this Summer has been much, much worse - and it wasn't great before! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to find out if “Condor Voyager” will still be running from Poole to St Malo as advertised in some early timetables? It is not showing on any of the online ferry booking agencies' sites as bookable. And I couldn’t find it on Condor’s own website. I couldn’t find an update in this forum except tales of grief for Voyager. Any news anyone?

BTW, does anyone else find Condor’s website cookie policy annoying? Sites normally give you the option of rejecting non-essential cookies, and I routinely disable these. Condor is very unusual in forcing you to accept all cookies. I clicked on their more information button and I was amazed that they wanted to put 70+ advertising cookies in my computer! I’m afraid I usually ignore companies who treat their visitors in this way.

Condor Voyager has been cancelled between St Malo and Jersey for the last two days due to high winds and rough seas. I'm hoping things will calm down in the middle of next week for my trip over there.

Ed

She was running today fine. Tricky moment inbound when our regatta fleet were straggled across the channel.... They called me on the committee boat and I was complimented on my "robust" instructions and bollocking...

• Like 1

So the verdict, we were late, an hour but kept that delay all the way back with no extra, weather was generally fine. Car deck was a flash back to the old 86m cats. Onboard though I wasn't impressed. She is definitely designed to short crossings. Small shop, no proper food outlet however the offering onboard was excellent. All French crew ofcourse except the Captain who was English. Now I know some of you will shoot me down for this next comment but Libby is definitely the superior vessel at the moment, good lounges, proper seats(not tubs or benches) and a good shop and onboard feel. Linking this to the topic, timetable wise I hope Lobby returns to a normal service next season and Voyager just stays on the France to CI service. Not saying she is a bad ship. A good fleet addition but when compared to Libby for the distance traveled, Libby is the better ship but Voyager was very comfortable, got us home and that's the main thing.

15 hours ago, Huricane said:

Now I know some of you will shoot me down for this next comment but Libby is definitely the superior vessel at the moment

Of course she is. I'm sorry she won't be doing the run on Thursday but at least I'm getting the second best ferry on the channel instead. For an hour and a half I think I'll survive. I hoping to get one of the seats at the front near the bar area if it's quiet to enjoy the view, something that wasn't possible on Rapide.  I do think that your comments re duty free might be right though. The choice will be very limited and that is always one of the big draws for French travellers on day trips. 

Ed

22 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Of course she is. I'm sorry she won't be doing the run on Thursday but at least I'm getting the second best ferry on the channel instead. For an hour and a half I think I'll survive. I hoping to get one of the seats at the front near the bar area if it's quiet to enjoy the view, something that wasn't possible on Rapide.  I do think that your comments re duty free might be right though. The choice will be very limited and that is always one of the big draws for French travellers on day trips. 

Well Atleast it's only an hour and a half. Four hours was quite enough. It was nice going out on Libby even though she wasn't meant to be going to Jersey. 

Any clues on what the summer timetable will be for next year? Will Voyager stay in St Malo and Libby return to normal? 

27 minutes ago, Huricane said:

Any clues on what the summer timetable will be for next year? Will Voyager stay in St Malo and Libby return to normal? 

I'd guess that's the plan for the reasons you've outlined. 3 hours on her from Cherbourg to Portsmouth was fine but any longer might be a chore. They could probably increase the shop space by putting the cash desk outside and introducing a one way system like they had on Rapide but it would eat into the seating area.

Ed