Website

Websites are only good if kept up to date and accurate, it puts the entire site at risk of being disregarded if incorrect or outdated information is not either removed or updated. I note that the press web-page still has the topic 'Honfleur' listed, now well known to be long since cancelled, similarly the ships and routes page still shows Normandy Express listed with detailed information regarding the route it is to operate this Summer. Given that it is now in Condor livery, at least in part, surely the web-site should be updated to reflect the actual situation or diminish the credibility of the entire web-site?? There are other areas where the information has not been updated for some time, even the Freight site does not clearly display the current infrequent crossings to Poole.

• 3 months later...

There is a new iteration of the website loaded which is even worse than the existing one:-

1. I cannot book going out to St Malo, back by Roscoff as a return journey.

2. Holiday trips cannot be booked online, must be booked using a telephone call.

3. As a consquence of 2, it is not possible to find out prices on a comparative basis.

4. Details are still not accurate "Sailing full" reigns.

5. The web site appears to be a moving update target, what is going on?

6. BBC and DT are stating that travelling restrictions (ie COVID tests) are likely to be reduced in the next 1 - 3 weeks, BF need a solid resilient website to handle this.

• Like 2

I think that the website is ok, yes it is different and the flow has changed a bit, however there are some improvements like showing the cv cabin discounts and a more logical way of including the Galacia lounge. 

The main problem is that some bookings cannot be modified if Customer services have updated them in the past.

A little niggle is that you will not see bookings if you login using a cv id, we must use the email address instead.

The timetable is fun to play with, by adjusting the filters you can get a weeks worth of Portsmouth departures or the schedule for a given ship.

Sailing updates will now tell you the status for each sailing and whether it is on time.

Edited by David Williams

Been looking at the new BF website. Can't amend due to Customer services (blah, blah etc)
Road map, traffic lights, updates by 1st Oct,new BF website,  PCR,Antigen........... I've slowly realised quite frankly that I cant be bothered anymore with France/BF and UK Gov. Time to move on.

• Like 4

Just spent 20 mins or so playing with the new site. Yes its different so takes a bit of getting used to. However unlike earlier "updates", for once it actually seems an imprpovement, much better with the menu button. The red COVID button on the right takes you straight to the important info, which on a quick look seems to be up to date. Time will tell.

I then tried a test booking for my next weeks already booked PA trip. This seemed much easier than before. Logging in with my email address recognised me as a CV member.

The timetable search function worked very well unlike the previous version. I was pleased to see the Armorique sailings showing more honestly as "cancelled" rather than "sailing full". The cabin choice list showing the CV discount is a great improvement but BF may have shot themselves in the foot because it shows something, what I sussed out many years ago but not all members may have been aware of.  The fact that 2 paxs can book a free inside 4 berth day cabin not just a free inside 2 berth, and not only that for a trifling £5 you can upgrade to a standard outside 4 berth as we always do.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY - the crossing now came up at £255 as opposed to the £190 which I paid when I booked  on August 14th!! 😁. Thank you David W, when i was then not sure whether or not to risk booking, you advised  "go for it becasuse BF will now be moving over the cancelled Armorique bookings and the price  will probably increase". Wise words indeed. 

18 minutes ago, CirrusDesAigles said:

Just successfully changed a booking for Monday night to tomorrow night on the new website and it was very straightforward. 

The main problem is that any booking with pets and any that involved the contact centre doing anything on the booking can no longer be modified online.

Neither of my current 2 bookings can be modified online now as I requested a specific cabin after making the booking !

Hopefully this will be changed soon, however live chat is not enabled either at present !

39 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I requested a specific cabin after making the booking

I always do this as well. This needs fixing. It always used to let me change online then I would need to contact them again to request a cabin. (We like the ones at the back of PA as they have unrestricted views)

On 09/09/2021 at 07:45, David Williams said:

Just untick the ‘same as outbound’ box, however for regular travellers the advantages of 2 singles far out-way the advantages of a return ticket.

I agree, David, with the 'two singles' approach. However, I do not see on the current site any method of making a single journey from France to England. Maybe, if you log in not using a cv number it might be possible ( I haven't tried it), but then you would lose your cv benefit. Have you cracked that one?

11 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

However, I do not see on the current site any method of making a single journey from France to England.

It seems to work fine on my smartphone. You can do the booking before logging in. 

Ed

22 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

I agree, David, with the 'two singles' approach. However, I do not see on the current site any method of making a single journey from France to England. Maybe, if you log in not using a cv number it might be possible ( I haven't tried it), but then you would lose your cv benefit. Have you cracked that one?

I have just looked and it gives the option of France to England crossings after logging in to CV account & shows the CV discounts.

image.png.2d268fe14a64862221baf9727bb3123f.png