Jump to content

Website


Recommended Posts

Tried again this morning Just the same problem. I could not scroll down the box of choices of crossing. So I spoke with a kind Lady at BF who said I should use a different browser. Perhaps not a problem unique to me. So I tried on the iPhone (still using Safari) and it worked just as you guys said it should. Technology and I are not happy bedfellows. My two most used phrases on the phone are, first, "Hello" and second "Help me, please. I seem to be out of my depth with your web-site". 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you cannot amend on line this may help if travelling to or from Spain. This morning tried to contact BF by Phone no answer after 30 mins holding. Rang the Santander number the phone was answered immediately by a gent who spoke perfect English and changed our crossing as requested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, IanN said:

If you cannot amend on line this may help if travelling to or from Spain. This morning tried to contact BF by Phone no answer after 30 mins holding. Rang the Santander number the phone was answered immediately by a gent who spoke perfect English and changed our crossing as requested. 

Nice idea, but....

Having spent an hour and a half on hold to BFUK over the past two days,  I tried St Malo, got an answerphone message with their opening hours and then it hangs up ! 

Can't amend online and no Live Chat.   Why are they so busy ?  Too few staff ?   Is the new website generating too many calls ?

 I'd rather get an engaged tone than pay to listen to 90 minutes of muzac.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The best time to get the UK to answer is to ring at exactly 9am.

Re the  ports, they should answer a few hours before each sailing.

And yes it is the website causing more phone calls as less can be done online at present.

Edited by David Williams
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/09/2021 at 15:00, David Williams said:

The main problem is that any booking with pets and any that involved the contact centre doing anything on the booking can no longer be modified online.

Neither of my current 2 bookings can be modified online now as I requested a specific cabin after making the booking !

Hopefully this will be changed soon, however live chat is not enabled either at present !

I have 2 bookings which it says can't be modified because they have been changed by call centre but it'snot true. They haven't been. presume it'sjust because they date from old website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, David Williams said:

And yes it is the website causing more phone calls as less can be done online at present.

Confirmed by BF.

As a PS to my earlier post, I found an answerphone message from BF.

Very pleasant, very sympathetic.

Apologising for phone calls not being answered because of the volume being generated by the new website.

Why launch a new website that is incomplete ?, so many functions unavailable. Captions appear where pictures should be etc etc

Qualtrics, who appear to be the creators are the same outfit that have produced that awful jumping screen  BF "How did we do" survey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The latest CV Newsletter contains the following:-

In other news, our new website is now live! We're aware there have been some teething problems, however the reason we have changed the site is to improve the customer experience for you - we're regularly making updates and improvements so please bear with us.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/09/2021 at 17:03, David Williams said:

The best time to get the UK to answer is to ring at exactly 9am.

Re the  ports, they should answer a few hours before each sailing.

And yes it is the website causing more phone calls as less can be done online at present.

My call was made the day before! Which had no sailings to the UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the same subject, does anyone remember the phone number for BF office in Cork as they were very helpful previously and answered promptly. I know there's an office in central Cork but I thought there was one in Ringaskiddy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigDW1946 said:

On the same subject, does anyone remember the phone number for BF office in Cork as they were very helpful previously and answered promptly. I know there's an office in central Cork but I thought there was one in Ringaskiddy.

The centre number appears to be:

021 427 7801

The number for the port should be:

021 437 8884

All the port contact details are here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.brittanyferriesfreight.co.uk/contact-us&ved=2ahUKEwjh1v3cxI_zAhVOCxoKHUuYCJIQFnoECAMQBQ&usg=AOvVaw11jhhPJ4LCTnKHt81nvG1v

Ed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still beset with problems - and can't get through to them. I make a booking, and, before paying, I get a message 'please review all mandatory fields'. Every field is completed, mandatory or not. Am I missing something obvious? Any experts out there to help me? The only thing that appears slightly odd is that the boxes with my name are shaded, with the name quite faint - but I can't overwrite them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

Still beset with problems - and can't get through to them. I make a booking, and, before paying, I get a message 'please review all mandatory fields'. Every field is completed, mandatory or not. Am I missing something obvious? Any experts out there to help me? The only thing that appears slightly odd is that the boxes with my name are shaded, with the name quite faint - but I can't overwrite them.

Some problems get resolved by running the forms in private/ incognito mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going back to the problem I wrote about which is now resolved. I spoke with an, as ever, helpful agent who confirmed that the new website is not accepting bookings for a date later than the expiry of the cv membership. But the booking is made and the fee is waived and the commodore suite was still available. I asked if I should renew the cv membership now and she advised against saying that further extensions to the expiry were unlikely, and they had heard nothing to suggest any in the pipeline, but, just in case, it makes sense to leave renewal as late as possible. Wise words, gratefully received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

helpful agent who confirmed that the new website is not accepting bookings for a date later than the expiry of the cv membership

So we cannot book anything for next year then as expiry date for most CV membership is 30/11/2021. That doesn't seem right? In the past it the price was subject to CV renewal and the card would be debited for the balance if not renewed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IanN said:

So we cannot book anything for next year then as expiry date for most CV membership is 30/11/2021. That doesn't seem right? In the past it the price was subject to CV renewal and the card would be debited for the balance if not renewed 

Well, No. It isn't right and it isn't what BF intend. It is purely a glitch in the new system, which they are aware of, and look to rectify asap

But they will make any booking beyond the expiry date over the phone and, hopefully, as in my case, waive the booking fee, unasked.

The kindly agent also said that the phone traffic had lessened over the last few days and there had been times in the afternoon when there was no queue of incoming calls.

Edited by rogerpatenall
adding two extra paragraphs
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any ideas on how I can see the timetables without being specific with dates? The old website was so much easier to navigate when it came to looking at a month at a time. I’m very flexible with dates so need to see the bigger picture not a 4 day window. As someone has already said why did they launch a new web site with so many bugs? I work in IT and it seems no UAT, SVT or and any other testing took place?

On a different note bring back the Bretagne, the  Armorique is not the same on the P to SM route!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Ascott said:

Any ideas on how I can see the timetables without being specific with dates? The old website was so much easier to navigate when it came to looking at a month at a time. I’m very flexible with dates so need to see the bigger picture not a 4 day window. As someone has already said why did they launch a new web site with so many bugs? I work in IT and it seems no UAT, SVT or and any other testing took place?

 

On a different note bring back the Bretagne, the  Armorique is not the same on the P to SM route!

 

Apparently the freight website provides more usable timetables. You can then check whether a specific date that suits you is available for passenger trips.

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...