Website

OOPS

Dear Customer,

I'm writing to you today to let you know about a breach to our data that may have an impact on your My Account with Brittany Ferries.

In spite of our cyber vigilance and rigorous security checks, I'm sorry to confirm your account's protection settings were unintentionally changed between October 21st and November 2nd of this year.

Here's what happened
On November 2nd, we uncovered a fault in the authentication process used for My Account login details that meant any My Account could be accessed without the right password. We have traced this error back to October 21st during a routine website update. As soon as the fault was uncovered, our engineers and security team set to work immediately, diagnosing and resolving the issue on the same day it was discovered.

How does this affect you?
Our technical team has confirmed that if anyone knew of the email address connected to your My Account, they could have accessed the following data:
• Name, postal address and telephone number (if it was included on your My Account)
• Details of your booking references for the past 6 months (and any made for the future)
• Passport number, date of birth and nationality (if you added these to your My Account in October or very early November)

I'm assured by our experts that the risk of any malicious intervention is exceptionally low and certainly there is no evidence that your data has been compromised. I do need to make you aware that this has happened and apologise accordingly. With this in mind, I recommend updating your password just in case.

It's worth noting your payment card details are not registered anywhere on our site (in accordance with legislation) so will not be impacted in any way.
This incident has been reported to the appropriate authorities and corrective measures have been implemented swiftly.

I'm sorry this incident has happened and understand you may have questions and concerns. To this end you can contact me (Data Protection Officer) by replying to this email.

With best wishes

Anne Laure Fabre
Data Protection Officer
Brittany Ferries

• Shocked 3

3 hours ago, BZH29 said:

OOPS

Dear Customer,

I'm writing to you today to let you know about a breach to our data that may have an impact on your My Account with Brittany Ferries.

In spite of our cyber vigilance and rigorous security checks, I'm sorry to confirm your account's protection settings were unintentionally changed between October 21st and November 2nd of this year.

Here's what happened
On November 2nd, we uncovered a fault in the authentication process used for My Account login details that meant any My Account could be accessed without the right password. We have traced this error back to October 21st during a routine website update. As soon as the fault was uncovered, our engineers and security team set to work immediately, diagnosing and resolving the issue on the same day it was discovered.

How does this affect you?
Our technical team has confirmed that if anyone knew of the email address connected to your My Account, they could have accessed the following data:
• Name, postal address and telephone number (if it was included on your My Account)
• Details of your booking references for the past 6 months (and any made for the future)
• Passport number, date of birth and nationality (if you added these to your My Account in October or very early November)

I'm assured by our experts that the risk of any malicious intervention is exceptionally low and certainly there is no evidence that your data has been compromised. I do need to make you aware that this has happened and apologise accordingly. With this in mind, I recommend updating your password just in case.

It's worth noting your payment card details are not registered anywhere on our site (in accordance with legislation) so will not be impacted in any way.
This incident has been reported to the appropriate authorities and corrective measures have been implemented swiftly.

I'm sorry this incident has happened and understand you may have questions and concerns. To this end you can contact me (Data Protection Officer) by replying to this email.

With best wishes

Anne Laure Fabre
Data Protection Officer
Brittany Ferries

Me to 

3 hours ago, BZH29 said:

Name, postal address and telephone number (if it was included on your My Account)

Oh no!

Competition for my usual junk phone calls. Just had a new call asking for me by my christian name. Oh no, another offer of a smart meter, evidently I'm due one  and my name has come up!

19 minutes ago, straightfeed said:

Oh no!

Competition for my usual junk phone calls. Just had a new call asking for me by my christian name. Oh no, another offer of a smart meter, evidently I'm due one  and my name has come up!

Probably more important was your Passport details. Along with your name address and date of birth. Identity fraud here we come Lovelyjubbly

2 hours ago, IanN said:

Probably more important was your Passport details. Along with your name address and date of birth. Identity fraud here we come Lovelyjubbly

Like that vicar who returned home last week to find his house had been sold in his absence.

Ed

There is now a decent timetable option on the website that can show multiple routes if needed - take the pdf option from timetables and you can select the Country and a single or multiple routes.

I did hear from one source that BF had to rush the website upgrade as the licence on their old software was running out !

• Like 1

In the list of bookings on my account, the one that was showing as view only has now got an edit button.

Hopefully that means that the issue with editing some bookings has been solved. I am not going to try it !

The summary has also changed to 2 * £10 vouchers instead of breakfast,

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

Anyone else receive this ?

1834089533_BFBEG.thumb.png.006ab11968ec621259664a9b6a7f25d1.pngRecent purchase ?  I don't know what they are referring to unless they mean the plate of chips I bought on Armorique 🙂.

I think they are just one stop from sending out this...........

reviews.jpeg.bae42d198ac062e7f5abf335a84ff894.jpeg

How were the chips? I think we should know. What criteria would you use?

Ed

12 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

The Chips are down....................  they needed a visit to the microwave, but were pretty good after that 😄

Prefer chips to waffles any day.

This year on PA when mentioning to the cashier as we had queued for about 15 minutes and that the food was cold she recommended the Microwave. I was speechless no apology for the delay (only one till open with a queue back to the servery) and guess what there was a five person queue at the microwave. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Angel said:

I received the same request for feedback this morning.  I assumed it was because I called to amend a booking yesterday but perhaps it wasn't.

What happens if the chips at the bottom of the pile are soggy but those are the top are nice and crispy? Can you give feedback for each one?

Ed