Perhaps I am misunderstanding things as they are  but the 72 hour timescale for the PCR test prior to arrival means timings are critical.

I am booked on the 16th June Cap Finistere departing Portsmouth at 23:00 arrive at Bilbao 07:45 18th June.

Assume I have a test on the 15th and the results are with me by 16:00, then that test result expires 72 hours later but the time taken will be 74 hours.

I could get tested on the 16th I suppose,but I will be trusting that there are no snags.

Any thoughts or hints appreciated, or am I barking ??

2 minutes ago, clivebeaver said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding things as they are  but the 72 hour timescale for the PCR test prior to arrival means timings are critical.

I am booked on the 16th June Cap Finistere departing Portsmouth at 23:00 arrive at Bilbao 07:45 18th June.

Assume I have a test on the 15th and the results are with me by 16:00, then that test result expires 72 hours later but the time taken will be 74 hours.

I could get tested on the 16th I suppose,but I will be trusting that there are no snags.

Any thoughts or hints appreciated, or am I barking ??

You need the results at checkin and for the test to be 72 hours before arrival.

The safest way at present is a Lamp test which is at the main airports, plus I believe somewhere in Hampshire, I recall a post with information.

However, it is better to wait until after the EU recommend rule changes today/ tomorrow and see what they are as Spain will probably comply with them.

David,

Exactly, if everyone is clear on boarding then surely they must be clear at disembarkation.

I think  that the 72 hour rule is for airlines and ferry's are a bit of an anomaly and not really considered the timescales of travel 3 hours v 2 days