Stena Estrid docking in bad weather

À bit breezy indeed. Estrid gave up trying to dock in Rosslare and headed up to Dublin Port instead. The WB Yeats was having a terrible time yesterday - the last big wave on this clip slightly rearranged the shop (big time) 

apparently....😳

Chris

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the crew in these sort of conditions, whatever the company or route. Having just endured over 24 hours corkscrewing in all directions, 3 hours later they turn round to do it all again in the opposite direction.....

Chris

10 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

À bit breezy indeed. Estrid gave up trying to dock in Rosslare and headed up to Dublin Port instead. The WB Yeats was having a terrible time yesterday - the last big wave on this clip slightly rearranged the shop (big time) 

apparently....😳

Chris

I hope the the trucks were well tied down. 

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2021 at 07:07, Fine Whine said:

apparently....😳

Chris

Rearranging the shop - brought back memories of Liberation on one of the liveliest crossings I had on her.  Captain telling everybody at one point,  including crew to remain seated, a trip to the ladies was a cross between ice skating and mountaineering (goodness knows how the men coped with the gents!).  Libby rolled like a pig and every now and again from the refreshment outlets and shop came the sound of crashing glass and crockery.  Exhilarating crossing!!

Edited by Khaines

Just now, Khaines said:

Rearranging the shop - brought back memories of Liberation on one of the liveliest crossings I had on her.  Captain telling everybody at onec point,  including crew to remain seated, a trip to the ladies was a cross between ice skating and mountaineering (goodness knows how the men coped with the gents!).  Libby rolled like a pig and every now and again from the refreshment outlets and shop came the sound of crashing glass and crockery.  Exhilarating crossing!!

This is the only reason on-board shops sell soft-toys. On Rapide they regularly stuff bears and other animals into the front of bottle racks to wedge everything in. 

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JohnMustow said:

I hope the weather improves dramatically we have booked an IF from Pembroke dock to Rosslare.

Good luck with that, it’s rough before you get outside the harbour. The BS1 isn’t as nice as the Inishmore and lot of the facilities onboard are shut. But then again they have not carried much more than 20 pax’s out of Pembroke since it arrived, they have 60 plus crew as well.

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

This is the only reason on-board shops sell soft-toys. On Rapide they regularly stuff bears and other animals into the front of bottle racks to wedge everything in. 

Ed

That's why we have about 20 small scatter cushions on our boat. We stuff them into all the lockers with plates, glasses, bottles etc.

• Like 3