How best to Get a better cabin please?

Any tricks or tips please?

We had a Commodore suite on Galacia booked to Spain for late May this year. 2021. However, when it was mentioned Spain may not allow UK visitors in until June 1st. I re-booked. Of course now, there is a change of dates. UK Travellers allowed in from 24th May. I had re-booked fro the 6th June on Pont Aven, arriving in Spain on the 7th. 

Reading this document, things may well change 

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/documentos/AnnexII_between_24052021-and-06062021-uk-japan.pdf

So, I re-booked fro 3rd of June, two nights. But they only had inside 4 berth cabins. I have been on every 15 mins amending this morning and on the 40th attempt, managed to re-book to 4 berth outside. 

Is there an easier way anyone please?

On 22/05/2021 at 14:38, Javea said:

Any tricks or tips please?

We had a Commodore suite on Galacia booked to Spain for late May this year. 2021. However, when it was mentioned Spain may not allow UK visitors in until June 1st. I re-booked. Of course now, there is a change of dates. UK Travellers allowed in from 24th May. I had re-booked fro the 6th June on Pont Aven, arriving in Spain on the 7th. 

Reading this document, things may well change 

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/documentos/AnnexII_between_24052021-and-06062021-uk-japan.pdf

So, I re-booked fro 3rd of June, two nights. But they only had inside 4 berth cabins. I have been on every 15 mins amending this morning and on the 40th attempt, managed to re-book to 4 berth outside. 

Is there an easier way anyone please?

Go on the online chat with them.. Consistently I've found this service marvellous and they are super helpful

When we used to travel with Brittany Ferries (which used to be several times a year), quite often there was not a premium cabin available at the time of booking.  We would make the booking anyway, and then I would keep a close eye on the booking engine (which I had configured to make the same booking again).  I'd keep refreshing it until I saw that a Commodore had become available.  The instant one did, that was the time to get on the phone to BF customer service and upgrade the cabin.  The strategy never failed, and we never made a crossing with them without the cabin we wanted.  It was all about timing the contact with BF to immediately after the cabin becoming available - too soon and they would just say there isn't one available, too late and someone else would nab it.