Condor Rapide in Poole

Posted (edited)

Thought I’d post these pf Rapide sunning herself in Poole this morning.  Not very often I see her and actually have my camera with me.

2559FEF7-C538-4C2C-BB2B-462F36657B96.jpeg

D4237234-0F73-46E3-BBEB-4E65754EB26B.jpeg

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Excellent photos Brigitte,.....👌

My eye was caught by the vessel just behind her - not a regular sight in Poole so I did a little digging and came across this..

https://www.yachtsinternational.com/yachts/the-art-of-elandess

Now that’s one heck of a toy/houseboat/motorcruiser 

Chris

Elandess was here last year, will see if can fish out a couple from the camera card.  We had one called Here Comes the Sun as well, she was massive.  She isn’t here this year.  Elandess goes out for a spin every now and again.  

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, tecnosam6 said:

Will be interesting to see how long Voyager sticks around for and if a brand new HSC is on the cards.

Cannot understand for the life of me they have got rid of Rapide.  Now of all times.  Why not keep her for the summer especially and go back to being a three ship service.  I think the CIs will be very popular, and they have also cut day trips which is weird considering day trips are popular to the CI, is this tinkering around worth it in the end?  

33 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Cannot understand for the life of me they have got rid of Rapide.  Now of all times.  Why not keep her for the summer especially and go back to being a three ship service.  I think the CIs will be very popular, and they have also cut day trips which is weird considering day trips are popular to the CI, is this tinkering around worth it in the end?  

I agree. They could have done two trips from Poole one doing Poole - Jersey - Guernsey - Poole with say Voyager and then a Poole - Guernsey - Jersey - Poole with Liberation. Rapide could have then done a St Malo - Jersey - Guernsey - St Malo - Guernsey - Jersey - St Malo rotation. I'm surprised they didn't decide to replace Goodwill with a ropax like Paul Luxon said they might as it was cheaper than a new HSC. They would have had money to spend on a ropax and to keep Rapide going for another few years.

Express and Vitesse are still going strong with Seajets as Champion Jets 1 and 2 - interesting when they were considered at the end of their operational lives.  And when Liberation replaced them she didn’t exactly cover herself in glory did she at the start.  How will Voyager cope in the winter, she is used to the easy life having only a few summer months in the year to work.  I am interested in how she performs in autumn/winter sea.  

3 hours ago, Khaines said:

Express and Vitesse are still going strong with Seajets as Champion Jets 1 and 2 - interesting when they were considered at the end of their operational lives.  And when Liberation replaced them she didn’t exactly cover herself in glory did she at the start.  How will Voyager cope in the winter, she is used to the easy life having only a few summer months in the year to work.  I am interested in how she performs in autumn/winter sea.  

Well the excuse has always been "We have stricter standards of operating in UK waters compared to places like Greece. That is why vessels usually spend the last years of their life down there". Will certainly be interesting to see about Voyager...

• Like 1

Wonder if they just got an offer for this summer they couldn't refuse? Voyager wasn't going to do anything else, and Condor couldn't be sure they could get the same money for Rapide a year or two down the line? Gives them some money in the bank and having Voyager from BF for  buys them some time. 

It will be interesting to see how they develop their fleet in the next few years for sure. 

9 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Wonder if they just got an offer for this summer they couldn't refuse? Voyager wasn't going to do anything else, and Condor couldn't be sure they could get the same money for Rapide a year or two down the line? Gives them some money in the bank and having Voyager from BF for  buys them some time. 

It will be interesting to see how they develop their fleet in the next few years for sure. 

Very true. Especially as they say the lost £50million last year which was how much they said they had to put towards a new HSC or ropax. Hopefully they the new CEO things might start getting better for Condor and they can have a fresh up to date fleet over over next 10 or so years

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of changes to Condor schedules and a refusal to publish timetables. Horrified to discover that the proposal is for only TWO fast ferry sailings a week Guernsey to the UK! Great help to the recovery of Guernsey's tourist industry and if Monday's service fiasco is anything to go by, Condor can't even cope with that! Libby was hours late all day!