Test comming back to uk

Hi brought some furniture to Spain in van on way back what’s the procedure getting back on the ferry do you have to show test getting on ferry in France or at Dover

Now that we have had some time with the latest ' test before return - fitness to fly cert' system from Spain to the UK, would it be possible for those who have managed to obtain a test en-route to Santander and have been able to receive a result in time, jot down how and where they were able to do it please.

I have been looking to get a test on the way across from the Costa Blanca in time for the departure of the ferry and in time to receive the results but meeting with little success. My last attempt to find a suitable clinic was in Almagro but all very indefinite.

Any info would be most welcome. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rik762 said:

Now that we have had some time with the latest ' test before return - fitness to fly cert' system from Spain to the UK, would it be possible for those who have managed to obtain a test en-route to Santander and have been able to receive a result in time, jot down how and where they were able to do it please.

I have been looking to get a test on the way across from the Costa Blanca in time for the departure of the ferry and in time to receive the results but meeting with little success. My last attempt to find a suitable clinic was in Almagro but all very indefinite.

Any info would be most welcome. Thanks.

I don’t think our solution will help you however this is the booked and paid for plan. Leave Ayamonte around 14.00 tomorrow Tuesday stop overnight in Sevilla at the Hilton Garden hotel shop in Costco over the road. Leave at 07.15 for Sevilla airport where we have booked two test 08.00 & 08.05 (you are not supposed to wash, eat, clean your teeth or smoke before the test their rules) back to the hotel around 08.30 (fill the car with cheap diesel at Costco) then a swim check out and on to Santander for overnight and we think fill in our passenger locator forms for day 2 and day 8 tests. Drive to Santander to check in for Pont Aven with time to spare on the now 90mins check in time. Depart for Plymouth and on to our daughters in Woolacombe for 10 day quarantine with our grandson (who we have not seen for 12 months). Extra costs for tests around £230 for the two of us.

smoke

• Like 1

We have now found that lateral flow tests are accepted as well as the PCR test for order control in UK however we had booked and paid for the PCR at Sevilla airport so we are going ahead with it. There are links on the embassy website to this change but is not 100% convincing so better safe than denied boarding. We have a box of lateral flow tests which Boots UK are giving away and friends who came over to sell their house gave us. So that is our backstop should anything go amiss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnMustow said:

We have now found that lateral flow tests are accepted as well as the PCR test for order control in UK however we had booked and paid for the PCR at Sevilla airport so we are going ahead with it. There are links on the embassy website to this change but is not 100% convincing so better safe than denied boarding. We have a box of lateral flow tests which Boots UK are giving away and friends who came over to sell their house gave us. So that is our backstop should anything go amiss.

You can't use the NHS Lateral flow tests, however you can use the Antigen test and get a certificate which is faster. 

ps - in Spain there seem to be a number of companies that book the tests at local Doctor Surgeries & then provide the certificate.

In France the sante.fr site shows providers of tests,  the antigen one seem to be done at Pharmacies.

pps - I have seen where I can get a test done in Bilbao if needed, however I hope not to need one to drive to France. I have found some antigen providers in France before I return home. I travel to Spain on Thursday !

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, David Williams said:

. I travel to Spain on Thursday !

I meant Wednesday.

We travel Plymouth to Santander on Wednesday, spend 2 weeks in Northern Spain and then switch to France and up to our flat in Normandie. I will do a trip report on the various controls etc.. I have just seen that Spain is starting to get the Delta variant, I am sure that letting us in is a coincidence.

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

You can't use the NHS Lateral flow tests, however you can use the Antigen test and get a certificate which is faster. 

ps - in Spain there seem to be a number of companies that book the tests at local Doctor Surgeries & then provide the certificate.

In France the sante.fr site shows providers of tests,  the antigen one seem to be done at Pharmacies.

pps - I have seen where I can get a test done in Bilbao if needed, however I hope not to need one to drive to France. I have found some antigen providers in France before I return home. I travel to Spain on Thursday !

This is what is published on the .gov.U.K. Test & Trace webpage

“Type of test

You must make sure that the test provider you choose can meet the standards for pre-departure testing.

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

• a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device

It’s your responsibility to ensure the test meets the minimum standards for sensitivity, specificity and viral load details. You must check with your test provider that it meets those standards.

You may not be able to travel if the test does not meet these standards. It’s your responsibility to ensure you get the right test that meets the above requirements.”

Because you have to stay at home for ten days after your return and can’t go out to an NHS testing site, so you have to use a company which will send tests to your home address on day 2 and day 8 when you are back in England - and verify the results.

Edited by wortley

I have found a clinic on the Costa Blanca who can do a PCR or Antigen test but claim that a PCR is required for the UK. I understood from the Gov.UK website that an antigen test was acceptable.

Any thoughts please?