I have been following the 'What are the options' thread and today read about the updated regulations for France. I went off in search of the NHS App thinking that was the best way to prove my vaccination status. I am somewhat disgusted to find that a NATIONAL Health Service app only covers those who are registered with a GP in England. I understand that Covid rules are different for each country of the UK, but surely this should be covered by a National app. Rant over!

John

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, John M said:

I have been following the 'What are the options' thread and today read about the updated regulations for France. I went off in search of the NHS App thinking that was the best way to prove my vaccination status. I am somewhat disgusted to find that a NATIONAL Health Service app only covers those who are registered with a GP in England. I understand that Covid rules are different for each country of the UK, but surely this should be covered by a National app. Rant over!

John

Each National Health Service does it's own thing, that is the power of devolution.

England is a Nation, the UK is a Union !

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 2

Equally frustrating is the PCR test which takes 72 hours. Add the length of the sailing to Roscoff and it doesn't seem possible to arrive with a test only 72 hours old.

And I have just spent a sunny afternoon half configuring a new iphone because my old one, which worked perfectly, was not compatible with the NHS App.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, David Williams said:

England is a Nation, the UK is a Union !

A Google search would seem to prove that statement to be incorrect. England is a Country which is part of the United Kingdom, a Union of four Countries. If each Country were a Nation, then travel between Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales would be International travel with everything that brings.

2 hours ago, John M said:

Thank you Angel, but that site is only for Scotland.

Oops, sorry John, I don't know why I assumed you were in Scotland.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, John M said:

then travel between Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales would be International travel with everything that brings.

Ireland is not part of the Union , but I,m sure you meant Northern Ireland .

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Ireland is not part of the Union , but I'm sure you meant Northern Ireland .

Of course, my apologies if I upset any Irish people, or Northern Irish for that matter..

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Chef said:

Most of them have Irish Passports anyway.

I am a Scot and I have a school friend who was born in England, attended school in Scotland and now lives in the USA. He has a UK passport by birth, he has been in the USA long enough to have been able to apply for and acquire a US passport and thanks to his dad being born in Northern Ireland he also has an Irish passport.

• Like 1