Sailing cancelled

Finally had the email today we had been hoping would not come but were also expecting. Our sailing Ply - Ros on 24th June is cancelled. Armorique will not return to service till 28th June. At least all options are offered regarding amending, cancelling or postponing the booking. Ah well, just have to hope that things change before our next booking in September.

John

Our Armorique trip on 8th July has been cancelled, PLY to ROS, which is a pain in the butt, as most other crossings at those times seem to be full whichever route you pick. We have to go over then, so our options have been severely hampered by BF. Odd if crossings are full, why are they cancelling other ferries?

20 minutes ago, muppetdodger said:

Our Armorique trip on 8th July has been cancelled, PLY to ROS, which is a pain in the butt, as most other crossings at those times seem to be full whichever route you pick. We have to go over then, so our options have been severely hampered by BF. Odd if crossings are full, why are they cancelling other ferries?

I think it is more likely another case of BF speak when "Sailing full" means sailing cancelled.

39 minutes ago, muppetdodger said:

Phone in for a replacement and ask what they can offer you. Pont Aven from Plymouth on the following day may  be possible or you might have to use Portsmouth to Caen. But phone.

Me too !          email cancelling our 2nd July Bretagne crossing with the following sad news.

Sailings to and from St-Malo have been cancelled until 20th July 2021. After this date the route will be operated by the Armorique until 13th September 2021. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, jamess said:

Sailings on Normandie also showing as full until mid July

Are we due another announcement from his lordship ?

Normandie is not currently sailing to Caen but Mont St Michel is. A phone call to the reservations desk is the best way to make a booking.

1 hour ago, jamess said:

Sailings on Normandie also showing as full until mid July

Are we due another announcement from his lordship ?

Just tried some trial bookings for Ply-Rosc mid August. All scheduled Armorique crossings "Sailing full". However all Pont Aven crossings have full cabin availability including Commodore which would  normally have been snapped up by January at the very latest.

This says it all - he who must be obeyed will shortly be making an announcement for certain.

Edited by colinschandler
typo - Trial not Trail - or is it?

Poole to Cherbourg seems to be cancelled as well, I can’t find any sailing that is not full.

There are also tweets about CF cancellations so this seems drastic.

Possibly no Bretagne or Barfeur this season and just PA on the roscoff run.

All Armorique sailings from Ireland are showing as "sailing full " until Sept 15th but all Pont Aven sailings showing as available to book .

39 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Poole to Cherbourg seems to be cancelled as well, I can’t find any sailing that is not full.

There are also tweets about CF cancellations so this seems drastic.

Possibly no Bretagne or Barfeur this season and just PA on the roscoff run.

From comments above, my earlier confidence that Bretagne will be in service look dodgy. Of course, we have no idea, and BF little, as to how things may pan out over the weeks to come.

I have just arrived in Santander on the PA and the sailing had a fair amount of passengers,  most ( including me) belong to the retired bracket.  I can’t see the hassle of quarantine and loads of tests appealing to the mainstream family market this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DucdeNormandie said:

I am sure we all sympathise with this extract from today's update from the CEO.

On this theme, changes to paperwork, testing arrangements, quarantine and who can travel where (and when) are becoming unmanageable. We’re doing our best to stay on top of all arrangements for all four countries but it is imperative you check your own national advice and that of the country you wish to visit to ensure you have the correct documentation for each stage of the journey. I’m sorry I can’t offer simpler guidance on these pages but the changes to arrangements are swift and there is a limit to what we can realistically do in this respect. We’ll keep doing our best but please do ensure you consult the advice of the relevant authorities also.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shipping Forecast said:

Unsurprisingly, the frustration is really showing in his message

He`s not the only one, presently sat in a caravan in the UK, 12D, pouring heavily and has been for the last 2 days😝

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Paully said:

He`s not the only one, presently sat in a caravan in the UK, 12D, pouring heavily and has been for the last 2 days😝

The joys of a British holiday,  mind you it was raining in Northern Spain yesterday 

31 minutes ago, Paully said:

What, 12 degrees! You're from Yorkshire and a bloke, you should be walking around in yer trolleys n flip flops in that kind of heatwave, what's as bit of rain? Nothing wrong with vertical swimming. 

It's really nice and warm in Yorkshire... apart from the smell mind, farmer is doing the fields over the road and his missus' horse has left a nice gift for someone with roses about 10 feet from the front door.

Stay where you are and learn them a new language!:D

Just had an email to say my Plymouth - Roscoff Sailing in August is cancelled and we're moved to St Malo. Armorique will not be sailing to Roscoff over the summer apparently, Pont Aven continues. Sorry if reported already.