Scarlet Lady

As some of you may have read PIP has a new visitor and she is impressive, made MSM look just a tad insignificant in comparison. She’s bound to divide opinion with her cutting edge design, should serve the Royal Navy well as a troop ship in times of need given the colour scheme.....😂

Chris

F19ED647-E3DE-4A1F-B104-3894FB2E0976.jpeg

2A7FCAE4-2A3C-48C7-B490-DA442C62BC32.jpeg

CFC0C350-EDA2-4411-88DC-22F4BAE25457.jpeg

A82D77AE-FECD-4D47-A56B-79B132D0898D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

There may be some mask wearing but not a lot of social distancing!!

You can't catch Covid from the waist down so I'm pretty sure these cruises are perfectly safe!

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

I thought W.B. Yeats had got there first....

That was for style reasons. This one is designed to discourage you from staying in your cabins and instead spend as much money as you can in the bars.

Ed

Looking at the ship it is obvious that the basic construction is a motorised raft with an accommodation block above topped off by a roof garden.

Rather inferior accommodation to land based all inclusive hotel with extensive pools and gardens. Rooms ashore will be bigger too. Plus you might have acces to a beach and much larger pools as well if that is what floats your boat.

OK, the ship moves around a bit but generally doesn't stay in any one place for more than a few hours so you don't get to properly sample the destination. Just the immediate tourist shops in most cases.

These sort of holidays just don't appeal to me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

These sort of holidays just don't appeal to me.

I also suspect that you are not exactly the target demographic. In fact very few of us are, particularly as there don't seem to be any kennels or dog-friendly cabins. 😆

Ed

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I also suspect that you are not exactly the target demographic. In fact very few of us are, particularly as there don't seem to be any kennels or dog-friendly cabins. 😆

Ed

Don't speak too soon. We don't as yet know the shape of their bread rolls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On the subject of the target demographic, Virgin Voyages seem convinced that they're going to attract trendy millennials by offering drag brunches and a tattoo studio. As a (decidedly non-trendy) millennial, I think it sounds a bit like they're trying too hard... and the price point isn't exactly millennial-friendly.

I'm not a big fan of the styling - it's not as ungainly as the Royal Caribbean Oasis-class ships but I don't find it a handsome craft.

Are there any pictures yet showing it close to any of the BF fleet? I always find it hard to judge how different they are in size.

10 hours ago, Rattler43 said:

Don't speak too soon. We don't as yet know the shape of their bread rolls.

They aren't doing buffets on board but instead favour a range of themed restaurants, one of which will offer a round-the clock service. Here's a sample of the menus available. I assume several of these will offer breakfast but fresh to order so they're may be a choice of rolls and pastries.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cruisehabit.com/virgin-voyages-scarlet-lady-restaurant-photos-and-menus&ved=2ahUKEwit6MiBy7TxAhWFy4UKHRiRC_YQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw1aWUoSduh-swfVE5d6ho04&cshid=1624686054819

Ed