Scarlet Lady

16 minutes ago, impreza280 said:

I can only assume the shape is to enable a scale model to be made from Lego

Given the passengers targeted I think Duplo might be a more realistic expectation.

Ed

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, hoverport said:

But see… we are all talking about it. No one was talking about the latest carnival or Costa ship to come into service. 
I wish them every success 

Talking about it, yes but not a positive word or any one saying "I must book a trip on it", I know they say there's no bad publicity but sometimes I wonder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solo said:

Talking about it, yes but not a positive word or any one saying "I must book a trip on it", I know they say there's no bad publicity but sometimes I wonder.

I might be young at heart, but not that young !

Talking of her rear view, we have just got Anthem of the Seas in Poole Bay for a couple of nights before she starts her schedule.  Looking at her on marine traffic photos, she has a similar look.  Didn’t get a chance to go out to her when she was here last with her fleetmates so only just spotted her appearance from behind.  She’s another of the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder club.  From certain angles, rest of her is fine!!

Yes as has been said above, a lot of ships have a similar look now. The MSC ships and RCCL have a similar sterns.

it’s a repeating cycle though. No doubt when the Oriana was buit there were calls of “too big”, “block of flats” and 25 years later she’s a favourite. 

The Grand Princess class was also a stonking eye sore but that didn’t stop it from being one of the most successful classes of passenger ship ever built. 

• Like 1

It's certainly true that most people who go on cruises aren't interested in what the ship looks like externally as long as the internals and facilities are OK. Really, they are just mobile floating resorts these days though and destinations in themselves.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2021 at 22:25, Shipping Forecast said:

It appeals to a certain market.

If you haven't seen them already here are a couple of reviews I found interesting.

This is more a general look at ship

She looks like something built with a big Meccano set, how long till we see a cruise ship that looks like it it's built with Lego .

Edited by Chef