Jump to content

Mont St Michel last Sunday


Recommended Posts

On 07/07/2021 at 08:32, IanN said:

Just to be clear It was not intended as a criticism of Boots there could have been operator error involved!!! though I don't think so.

No way was I going to Tell Track or trace or Boots why look for trouble!. 

For info I got called every day but the wife only 6 times she felt unloved a times. All calls were between 10:00 and 15:00

We got back into Portsmouth at 0645 on Thursday this week then had to drive back to  West Somerset to quarantine. No word of a lie there was someone knocking on the door just as we had unloaded the car. If we had stopped for fuel he would have got there before us!!

 

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, muppetdodger said:

We got back into Portsmouth at 0645 on Thursday this week then had to drive back to  West Somerset to quarantine. No word of a lie there was someone knocking on the door just as we had unloaded the car. If we had stopped for fuel he would have got there before us!!

 

That seems strange as I understood that the first day of quarantine is the day after you arrive and I'd have thought they'd allow you some leeway in getting home. From the guidelines:

----

When you arrive in England, you must travel directly to the place you’re staying and not leave until 10 days have passed.

The quarantine period is continuous from the day you arrive in England, and lasts for the next 10 full days after the day you arrived until 11:59pm on day 10. This period is necessary because it can take up to 10 days for COVID-19 symptoms to appear.

To count the days:

  • the day you arrive in England is day 0
  • the day after you arrive is day 1, and so on

----

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/07/2021 at 08:41, Fine Whine said:

Ian I'm no fan of Boots the Chemist but apart from my very first adventure with them back in January (results came back 60 hours after the PCR test) and they immediately refunded my £120, I've had no problems whatsoever so I disagree with the money making excercise comment. It's not cheap though and I'm down to the tune of over £1000 in Covid tests to date already!

The other problem is that the laboratories processing the tests are independent to Boots so out of their hands. My last one 3 weeks was done by Eurofins who totally failed me a month ago, again refunded the money but seem to have turned the corner since.

Chris  

Chris, due to your regular ferry crossings, if it's an antigen test that's required have you considered buying your own test kits then sending the results yourself?

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

https://mediworld.co.uk/innova-antigen-test-kit-25-tests/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl_SHBhCQARIsAFIFRVWXzsANQc_13BDPHtHl1Axnx8erLc3cJBTOrYU2HKdQVXsZr0mkdbgaAmrbEALw_wcB

The Innova kit is what I use twice a week and is the one the NHS supplies to the missus in order to compulsory self test twice a week too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

When you arrive in England, you must travel directly to the place you’re staying and not leave until 10 days have passed.

The quarantine period is continuous from the day you arrive in England, and lasts for the next 10 full days after the day you arrived until 11:59pm on day 10. This period is necessary because it can take up to 10 days for COVID-19 symptoms to appear.

What are travelers doing about food shopping in quarantine? I know my wife thinks I should lose a bit of weight but 10 days starvation might be difficult.

Are there any limitations on the foods one brings back from France?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bob Crox,  you will survive !  18 litres of wine per person can be brought back, but no restrictions on bringing back French foods. And there’s always a Tesco delivery van in the neighbourhood while you are isolating.

Edited by wortley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BobCrox said:

What are travelers doing about food shopping in quarantine? I know my wife thinks I should lose a bit of weight but 10 days starvation might be difficult.

Are there any limitations on the foods one brings back from France?

0

Edited by IanN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, wortley said:

And there’s always a Tesco delivery van in the neighbourhood while you are isolating.

Not in my neighbourhood. All the slots are taken. Would Click and Collect be allowed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Phone Tesco on 0800 917 7359 , plead hardship, forced  imprisonment and imminent starvation and ask if you can have a priority delivery slot. It worked for us!

Edited by wortley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, wortley said:

Phone Tesco on 0800 917 7359 , plead hardship, forced  imprisonment and imminent starvation and ask if you can have a priority delivery slot. It worked for us!

Done that and written 3 letters to the local manager. At age 80 I thought we were being protected.

At least I don't have to go far to post off the tests.

IMG_0022.jpg.cef78a0cab92be90976c126848cbbb1b.jpg

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, wortley said:

Phone Tesco on 0800 917 7359 , plead hardship, forced  imprisonment and imminent starvation and ask if you can have a priority delivery slot. It worked for us!

Waitrose I could inderstand but Tesco?????????????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we had to isolate last year on going to France we bought a mid week annual delivery pass. Have not looked back since !

The guidance for shopping is:-

Shopping

You must not go shopping. If you need help buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication, you should ask friends or relatives or order a delivery or ask for help from NHS Volunteer Responders.

 

However the legislation says:-

(i)in exceptional circumstances such as—

(i)to obtain basic necessities such as food and medical supplies for those in the same household (including any pets or animals in the household) where it is not possible to obtain these provisions in any other manner,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The little darlings at Track and Trace need their beauty sleep so if no other option nip out early. I needed milk once during our 10 days. Asda at 5:30 am was dead, used a self service till contactless. Even the security guard was missing 

Edited by IanN
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can get an Aldi, Asda, M&S Food, Waitrose, Morrisons, Co op & Sainsbury £60 delivery within 40 minutes from ordering through Deliveroo. Harrogate doesn't have a Tesco.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jonno said:

Chris, due to your regular ferry crossings, if it's an antigen test that's required have you considered buying your own test kits then sending the results yourself?

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

https://mediworld.co.uk/innova-antigen-test-kit-25-tests/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl_SHBhCQARIsAFIFRVWXzsANQc_13BDPHtHl1Axnx8erLc3cJBTOrYU2HKdQVXsZr0mkdbgaAmrbEALw_wcB

The Innova kit is what I use twice a week and is the one the NHS supplies to the missus in order to compulsory self test twice a week too.

Thanks Jonno but my worry is will the test come back in time if sent to an independent lab? 
It looks as though it’s no longer necessary though. I was talking to a friend last night who reckoned that fully jabbed travellers from U.K. arriving in France only need to show a copy of the vaccination certificate and sworn statement. Having just checked the Gov U.K. website that does appear to be the case. France is now even accepting passengers flying back from South Africa without any undue stipulations if they have a full service history, so why the U.K. is still insisting on mandatory self-isolation from France is beyond me. 
I managed to successfully negotiate all the paperwork yesterday arriving at lunchtime on MSM including both dogs, and the pre-ordered day 2/8 test kit arrived at home from Randox that morning. £90 with BF discount, let’s see if it’s processed in good time…

Chris

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

fully jabbed travellers from U.K. arriving in France only need to show a copy of the vaccination certificate and sworn statement.

That's the basis I'm working on for my trip to Jersey in a fortnight. 

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/07/2021 at 17:05, jonno said:

We can get an Aldi, Asda, M&S Food, Waitrose, Morrisons, Co op & Sainsbury £60 delivery within 40 minutes from ordering through Deliveroo. Harrogate doesn't have a Tesco.

I suspect the Tesco Express on Cambridge Road near Betty's is enough to put the good folk of Harrogate off Tesco for life!

(Apols for going off topic with North Yorkshire supermarket chat)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ZinedineBiscan said:

I suspect the Tesco Express on Cambridge Road near Betty's is enough to put the good folk of Harrogate off Tesco for life!

(Apols for going off topic with North Yorkshire supermarket chat)

More like the one at the Esso garage on the Knaresborough road, fuel's expensive too.... but hey we're getting another Lidl!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here in Helston, Cornwall Tesco is the best option. The larger Sainsbury is bigger but spreads the products out more.

Lidl pay their staff the most but don't do deliveries. Sainsbury pay the least and are brutal about the zero hours contracts. They seem to have 3 delivery vans parked up so I suppose they don't have the drivers.

Deliveroo are not in this area.

A few years ago was speaking to a young guy who moved up to Slough. Had worked locally for a supermarket in Cornwall so applied in Slough for a job at the same chain. He told us that the wages were double and the prices were nearly half.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BobCrox said:

Here in Helston, Cornwall Tesco is the best option. The larger Sainsbury is bigger but spreads the products out more.

Lidl pay their staff the most but don't do deliveries. Sainsbury pay the least and are brutal about the zero hours contracts. They seem to have 3 delivery vans parked up so I suppose they don't have the drivers.

Deliveroo are not in this area.

A few years ago was speaking to a young guy who moved up to Slough. Had worked locally for a supermarket in Cornwall so applied in Slough for a job at the same chain. He told us that the wages were double and the prices were nearly half.

 

Asda in Falmouth or the Morrisons in Penzance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Sure do, as soon as France goes back to Amber we wll off to have a Geant and Super-U time!

 

Every Super U I've ever been in smells.

If I took the fish counters from all the supermarkets in Cornwall and put them into Intermarche in Pontivy there would still be room for more fish.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...