What's it like now ?

4 hours ago, skytortoise said:

Has anyone been through Bilbao customs recently?  What was the experience like?  Any problems, searches etc ?

If nobody gets back to you on this question within the next 24 hours it means the searches are taking an inordinately long time. 🤣

Ed

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, skytortoise said:

Has anyone been through Bilbao customs recently?  What was the experience like?  Any problems, searches etc ?

What are you planning to try to hide?😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skytortoise said:

Bilbao is only on the Irish routes at present.

In Santander they were mainly involved in processing pets, however they did put a reasonable number in the queue for discusions.

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

If nobody gets back to you on this question within the next 24 hours it means the searches are taking an inordinately long time. 🤣

Ed

It'll still be quicker than unloading at Plymouth!

• Like 2

Looks like there are two threads with the same title going... So I am reposting my question:

I have the same question if anyone has recently sailed to Spain with personal possessions. We will be taking a laptop and a printer for work, a new rug and other small bits and bobs for the house such as cushions, a new kettle etc. No huge boxes of stuff- just a few things in the boot of a standard car.

Are we supposed to declare any of it or expect any questions etc when we arrive in Spain? We are sailing from Plymouth. 

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, David Williams said:

they were mainly involved in processing pets,

10 hours ago, David Williams said:

in the queue for discusions.

You'd better start teaching those dogs a few key words and expressions now in that case.

If anyone is carrying chickens to Spain it's less of an issue as most of them understand Spanish by the age of 4 to 5 months anyway.

Ed

Posted (edited)
On 05/07/2021 at 06:28, Cabin-boy said:

You'd better start teaching those dogs a few key words and expressions now in that case.

Before our next trip I shall ensure that our doggie is tri-lingual (Eng/Fr/Sp) in "No comment" At the moment his understanding of French is limited to "Merlot" - his name!

Edited by colinschandler
  • Haha 1

I'm confused.  France is open to those from the UK that have been double vaccinated, Germany is lifting restrictions similarly however the Netherlands still has restrictions to those that are double vaccinated if travelling from the UK, with their government website stating that we aren't allowed into the EU:

From 1 July 2021, if you are fully vaccinated, you can be exempted from the EU entry ban unless you are travelling from a country that has been designated as a very high-risk area due to the presence of a variant of concern

Under this exemption you can enter the Netherlands from 1 July 2021 if you:

https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/exemptions-to-the-entry-ban/eu-entry-ban-exemption-categories

Well because my wife is going to Germany via the Netherlands, this is a current worry for me (Because I can then go to France on my own and get stuff done). From what I understand, you can transit the Netherlands if travelling by road and you spend less than 12 hours there. However there is ambiguity there which is rather disconcerting as one does not want to find out the full answer or the interpretation of it from a border guard...

19 hours ago, SRN4 said:

Well because my wife is going to Germany via the Netherlands,

That's a similar situation to mine, heading towards Poland first and then down to France to take mini-Lapper to meet the Grandparents.  Our trip is currently planned for the back end of August, so all being well things should be a bit clearer by then.

Thanks for the chuckles people.  No milk or cheese but what about Heinz Weightwatchers baked beans ?  My missus wont have any other and they are 2 euros + in Iceland.!

Seriously, if anyone does go via Portsmouth to Bilbao, let us know what the situation was regarding personal items (as mentioned in another post)  etc.  I'll do the same when we go over in August.

Salud

7 hours ago, Lapper said:

That's a similar situation to mine, heading towards Poland first and then down to France to take mini-Lapper to meet the Grandparents.  Our trip is currently planned for the back end of August, so all being well things should be a bit clearer by then.

You could say your trip is 'in the lapper the gods!'

Ed

• Haha 1

My wife gave me very clear instructions last month to buy more surgical masks when out shopping, but 'French-made' ones from the Chemist's rather than any of that 'Chinese rubbish' from Super U. 

Being an obedient soul, I obeyed. Now I wonder if the batch I got might have entered the production line just before they called a strike.

Ed

20210707_192302.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

My wife gave me very clear instructions last month to buy more surgical masks when out shopping, but 'French-made' ones from the Chemist's rather than any of that 'Chinese rubbish' from Super U. 

Being an obedient soul, I obeyed. Now I wonder if the batch I got might have entered the production line just before they called a strike.

Ed

20210707_192302.jpg

Looks like you bought the Van Gogh version! 👂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Good news that from the 19th July, those fully jabbed in the UK plus their children will obey Green rules even if coming from Amber countries on return. Note that this does not apply to those jabbed elsewhere.

That's this week,.....

But amber can go red at any time. Also EU countries will probably take a dim view of our spiraling infection rates. I would take the risk and book but only if you can be flexible and risk having money tied up. The Government underwrites the vouchers issued by UK companies. Anybody know if this is the case for BF? We went in June part paid for with a voucher from  April 2020 . We originally re booked for April 2021 , then May then June each time paying a bit more than our original early booking. Total extra cost for changes £131.00 with the CV discounts applied. Due to travel early September but may not go as it seems very close to our previous trip. The announcements today are a positive step. I wait to see if there is a catch

• Like 1

Simpler insurance, as you won't be travelling against F&CO guidance. However you still need the full 4 tests....... 1 on the way to France, 3 on the way back.

18 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ed

Ed, you must of got one of those special edition Van Gough themed face masks.

You know how the French love to mix art and commerce....

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Not sure what your calendar looks like, it is a week on Monday, however holidays can start any time ,

What I meant was nothing to do with the here and now or calendars. Its the way these Maniacal Demons change their mind using rather opaque data and have left people out on a limb. I`ve given up trusting them and have abandoned all plans to travel. Fine if you want to as long as its not compulsory.

Edited by Paully
  • Like 1