New ‘Animal Health Certificate’.

13 minutes ago, nodwad said:

he then sent me a e mail saying if I want to to scan his passport and send it to him he can verify it is ok for travel.

Sounds like a good plan, you will then have something in writing at check in.

I have seen a couple of tweets of praise re the BF pet experts, however they do seem to be hidden away.

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Sounds like a good plan, you will then have something in writing at check in.

I have seen a couple of tweets of praise re the BF pet experts, however they do seem to be hidden away.

Yes it is looking ok ,he was very prompt with his 1 st e mail in which he confirmed what people on this site told me.then 5/10 mins later he said if I wanted to send a photo copy of his passport.for him to verify it meets with the requirements.could not wish for a better service.cheers to all concerned.stay safe

15 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Got a reply off Steve at brittany ferries this morning.alfie does not require a ahc.again many thanks to the lads on this site and to Steve at brittany ferries

Good news, Presumably Alfie will be visiting vets in Europe for his jabs from now on !

Funny enough I have just been talking to a vet.who said the same.he also said anyone who takes there pet into Europe on a regular basis .should get a new passport whilst on holiday in Europe . ie Eu passport and get there jabs done over there and this would save pet owners a lot of money.the price I was given £250 the first time then £180 everytime after that for ahc .so a big saving if pet owners did this, just glad I asked on this site and you and scarlton  pointed me in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

Hi, Newbie here,

I’ve just paid £130 for the second time this year for the AHC. I even missed out on visiting family in Ireland with my husband 4weeks ago as we would have needed an AHC for that and another for this trip to France. It pains me every time and I’m sure the vets have better things to do than to read, fill out, sign, stamp, photocopy 13 pages of bureaucratic shite. 

When I first used one in March, BF at Portsmouth went through it with a fine tooth comb. Border control at Cherbourg weren’t interested, the guy didn’t even look at it. He just handed it straight back to me saying, “just give me the passport.” What a joke!

I shall definitely be asking our french vet for an eu passport when I get there, but in the meantime could everybody check out change.org and sign a petition to try to get this mess sorted out. I don’t think the last one got enough signatures, so let’s bump up the numbers.
I can’t seem to get the link to work but if you’re interested then just enter “Bruno Nicolas” in the search on change.org and you should hopefully find it. 

Cheers

9 hours ago, Joellesonjia said:

Hi, Newbie here,

I’ve just paid £130 for the second time this year for the AHC. I even missed out on visiting family in Ireland with my husband 4weeks ago as we would have needed an AHC for that and another for this trip to France. It pains me every time and I’m sure the vets have better things to do than to read, fill out, sign, stamp, photocopy 13 pages of bureaucratic shite. 

When I first used one in March, BF at Portsmouth went through it with a fine tooth comb. Border control at Cherbourg weren’t interested, the guy didn’t even look at it. He just handed it straight back to me saying, “just give me the passport.” What a joke!

I shall definitely be asking our french vet for an eu passport when I get there, but in the meantime could everybody check out change.org and sign a petition to try to get this mess sorted out. I don’t think the last one got enough signatures, so let’s bump up the numbers.
I can’t seem to get the link to work but if you’re interested then just enter “Bruno Nicolas” in the search on change.org and you should hopefully find it. 

Cheers

They don't always check the AHC as they make BF check them all at check-in. They then push the time and awkward conversations onto the person checking you in 

18 hours ago, Joellesonjia said:

Hi, Newbie here,

Cheers

Edited by IanN

Mrs Allee finally lost her 18 month battle with cancer in June this year .

Initially I put off going back to the house we made together in France, however encouraged  by our  massive Anglo French family and friends joined together forever,  Merci  Alexis Gourvennec,  and shame on you current BAI management. And for my own mental health,  I finally plucked up the courage and 2 weeks ago  I made the trip, in the process paying 150 UK quids to a licenced bandit with the title Official Vetinarian, for an AHC. On arrival at check in,  as a test i showed our last dog passport to the operative and asked if I we could have traveled on it, first i was told yes, but that answer was changed  as it had a Rabies vaccination performed by a UK vet in a French passport, So Nodwad beware !  Actually the reason i believe  is that in France Rabies Shots  last a year,  in the UK exactly the same rabies shot lasts 3. I respectfully pointed out the said Vaccination was carried out before the UK chose to leave the EU. No matter we traveled on the AHC,  page  15 of which is a "certified Copy" of the so called  "illegal" dog passport - go figure!

On my return yesterday at Ouistreham  the check in  lady asked for the dog passport,  claiming never to have seen or know about an AHC, she told me she used to work on the Information desk on Normandie but had been redeployed to shore at Ouistreham June ,she alsop did not know that MSM has no dog cabins - doh!  I did produce my my recently acquired fully legal French Dog passport but, together we worked through the questions asked by the silly UK database,  in the field relating to section 11 of an AHC or section 2 of a passport there is a fundamental cock up only the UK is capable of, the database asks rigidly for the date of implantation of the Animals microchip yet the passport and AHC have implantation or reading of the said chip as the criteria, I knew this to be a problem  Lord only knows what would happen if you did not know this info? and had specifically asked our very cheap (comparatively) vet in Bayeux to enter the implantation date and not the reading date,  producing our dogs very first UK  passport as proof of fact,  she was 8 years old while we  were in France and has at least 6 passports to her name, many of which are full but others "defaced" by over eager French vets . 

I hope the above info is  is useful to fellow travelers

Both Mrs A and I had/have  tee shirts for demos which stated Brexit  would be a dogs breakfast, how prophetic they were!

21 hours ago, alleeganger10 said:

Initially I put off going back to the house we made together in France, however encouraged  by our  massive Anglo French family and friends joined together forever,  Merci  Alexis Gourvennec,  and shame on you current BAI management. And for my own mental health,  I finally plucked up the courage and 2 weeks ago  I made the trip, in the process paying 150 UK quids to a licenced bandit with the title Official Vetinarian, for an AHC. On arrival at check in,  as a test i showed our last dog passport to the operative and asked if I we could have traveled on it, first i was told yes, but that answer was changed  as it had a Rabies vaccination performed by a UK vet in a French passport, So Nodwad beware !  Actually the reason i believe  is that in France Rabies Shots  last a year,  in the UK exactly the same rabies shot lasts 3. I respectfully pointed out the said Vaccination was carried out before the UK chose to leave the EU. No matter we traveled on the AHC,  page  15 of which is a "certified Copy" of the so called  "illegal" dog passport - go figure!

On my return yesterday at Ouistreham  the check in  lady asked for the dog passport,  claiming never to have seen or know about an AHC, she told me she used to work on the Information desk on Normandie but had been redeployed to shore at Ouistreham June ,she alsop did not know that MSM has no dog cabins - doh!  I did produce my my recently acquired fully legal French Dog passport but, together we worked through the questions asked by the silly UK database,  in the field relating to section 11 of an AHC or section 2 of a passport there is a fundamental cock up only the UK is capable of, the database asks rigidly for the date of implantation of the Animals microchip yet the passport and AHC have implantation or reading of the said chip as the criteria, I knew this to be a problem  Lord only knows what would happen if you did not know this info? and had specifically asked our very cheap (comparatively) vet in Bayeux to enter the implantation date and not the reading date,  producing our dogs very first UK  passport as proof of fact,  she was 8 years old while we  were in France and has at least 6 passports to her name, many of which are full but others "defaced" by over eager French vets . 

Both Mrs A and I had/have  tee shirts for demos which stated Brexit  would be a dogs breakfast, how prophetic they were!

Sorry about your loss,regarding alfie Steve Laurie the port operations manager asked me to scan Alfie's passport and send it him.which I did he replied that his passport was ok to travel he said that it was a English vet done his rabies injection it was done before brexit ie 31/12/2020.so he met the rules of travel and did not need a ahc.my vet at home told me the same as well.look after your self

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 23:09, alleeganger10 said:

No problem with alfies passport.has long as his rabies jab was done before January 1 2021 and this is valid until his jab runs out In 2023.very poor information on this off brittany ferries.i. Would of paid £250 for his ahc ,if it was not for a couple of guys on this site.a thank you to you all.

I have just travelled to Santander on PA with two doggies both with EU passports, one was issued in Santander 4 years ago and  the other in Portugal, puppy only one year old so first times passport used.   
we were pulled over just past passport control whereby the passports were inspected and we sailed!!  through.

There was no pre preparation to sail, worming for eg., just up to date rabies and full passport with correct details.

whilst checking the passport, the guard noticed my Yorkshire teabags and tried to confiscate them, but his boss said no! Good chap!

I did notice alongside there was a car being emptied of plants brought over and being stacked in a bin ( probably in somebodies garden by now)!  To a big warning, don’t waste your money thinking they won’t notice!

• Thanks 1