Jump to content

A conundrum, is a passenger vessel or not?


Recommended Posts

Just been on AIS and there is a vessel in dock in St Nazaire which is showing as a passenger vessel with the name 'Wonder of the Seas', but... the photos look strangely like an aircraft carrier.

Anyone know what it is, please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like one of the French Navy Mistral Class assault ships, from the pictures provided of which they have 3. The name is probably a Marine Traffic mix up

Edited by Paully
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Looks like one of the French Navy Mistral Class assault ships, from the pictures provided of which they have 3. The name is probably a Marine Traffic mix up

Not very practical if you want to land your low-on-fuel helicopter and find the deck covered with people dressed like Abba, dancing like Abba and singing like Abba. The first word that would come to mind would presumably be 'Abba?' no, sorry, 'Abort!'

Ed

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Not very practical if you want to land your low-on-fuel helicopter and find the deck covered with people dressed like Abba, dancing like Abba and singing like Abba. The first word that would come to mind would presumably be 'Abba?' no, sorry, 'Abort!'

Ed

Or even the Village People😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Not very practical if you want to land your low-on-fuel helicopter and find the deck covered with people dressed like Abba, dancing like Abba and singing like Abba. The first word that would come to mind would presumably be 'Abba?' no, sorry, 'Abort!'

Ed

Could be Cher mistaking it for the" Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" set. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So.. Is it a name error, or a photo error? I was just wondering if it was a cruise ship for the rich and designed to accommodate their arrival by helicopter.  Couldn't decide if the grey paint was primer or mufti decor!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Barry Thomas said:

So.. Is it a name error, or a photo error? I was just wondering if it was a cruise ship for the rich and designed to accommodate their arrival by helicopter.  Couldn't decide if the grey paint was primer or mufti decor!

Photo error - as said in my link, Royal Caribbean’s Wonder of the Seas is indeed in St Nazaire.  I know someone connected to RC, so will point that error out to him..🤣

Edited by Khaines
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A logical development of the cruise ship, I suppose. We've had cart racing circuits, zip lines, surfing flumes - why not stick a flat top on one and offer pleasure flights on cruise calls ?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...