PCR tests in France

31 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It would be useful if there was some way for the testing authority to email the results directly to the transport company involved, with your booking number, so that if there is any doubt relating to missing information or stamps they know who to contact. That way the check-in agents could confirm that all the paperwork is available before the traveller even arrives at the port/airport and would allow people to travel even if the service is delayed or cancelled (and they are given an alternative crossing) as the original dates would match up. 

Ed

Come on Ed, that would require joined up thinking, there's been very little of that through out this.  

39 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It would be useful if there was some way for the testing authority to email the results directly to the transport company involved, with your booking number, so that if there is any doubt relating to missing information or stamps they know who to contact. That way the check-in agents could confirm that all the paperwork is available before the traveller even arrives at the port/airport and would allow people to travel even if the service is delayed or cancelled (and they are given an alternative crossing) as the original dates would match up. 

Ed

Eurotunnel and some of the airlines ask for documents to be uploaded in advance so that they can check them before travel. 

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

I would trust a French pharmacie on this, maybe not some other Countries.

I looked up my test it was 

- Sensibilité : 96,18% | Spécificité : 99,72%

and the EU minimum is

meet the minimum performance requirements of ≥ 90% sensitivity and ≥ 97% specificity;

However, I am not on the ship yet!

You've taken the wise precaution of opting for a recognised provider.

Many won't know the difference between the authenticity and quality of a pharmacy sourced antigen test and many of those sold to third parties which in many cases leave a lot to be desired.

As more of these 3rd party providers appear more incidents are occurring. My missus is inundated with emails from dubious LFT & PCR test kit suppliers trying to sell, they really are coming out of the woodwork... or crawling from under a stone.

All PCR testing equipment and kits are registered by the medical supplier selling you the gear, same goes for LFT and LAMP. Those testing must also be registered and have the proven aptitude to conduct tests.

Lots of false QR codes out there too and loads of scams.

It may take a little longer and cause some frustration but, just as you have done, always opt for a reputable provider.

5 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

And to add to that- we had a regular Irish couple in Roscoff last Friday who were denied boarding Pont-Aven because their Antigen test wasn’t fit for purpose (maybe it was a home one). They managed to get a PCR test in town on Saturday morning (just, the local pharmacie owed us a favour)and came back through Cherbourg on Sunday with IF. 
Chris

Chris It's happening more and more, god knows what's in some of the LFT kits out there. 

2 hours ago, Solo said:

Come on Ed, that would require joined up thinking, there's been very little of that through out this.  

I do apologise! I cycled the 30 Kms from Angers to my house this morning (after dropping the soon-to-be-leaving-us car at the garage for its annual service) and the sun must have addled my brain. I did however take some nice photos of the Loire and its tributaries. Ed 

20210720_090300.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

. I did however take some nice photos of the Loire and its tributaries.

You're just showing off now!

This is the view we had last week on our pitch on Arran. Already booked for July 2022. First pic has Ailsa Craig in the background, lighthouse is on the island of Pladda.

2nd is a side view, the tree is blocking the view of the air con which was working overtime!

20210717_124249.thumb.jpg.3fe095dde8c3adfb13a09b736e429e9c.jpg20210717_131503.thumb.jpg.40605fca7fb9ef7e08832cc9f5fd3e5d.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jonno said:

You're just showing off now!

This is the view we had last week on our pitch on Arran. Already booked for July 2022. First pic has Ailsa Craig in the background, lighthouse is on the island of Pladda.

2nd is a side view, the tree is blocking the view of the air con which was working overtime!

20210717_124249.thumb.jpg.3fe095dde8c3adfb13a09b736e429e9c.jpg20210717_131503.thumb.jpg.40605fca7fb9ef7e08832cc9f5fd3e5d.jpg

You didn't mention how many miles you cycled to get those photos but, judging by the second one, not a massive distance! 🤭

Ed

Lovely pics, takes me there...........almost.

Given the ever changing rules & regs, and the prospect that covid issues will continue to impact on travel for some time to come, isn't  high time that holiday/travel operators, including BF, made it simpler to see what documentation is required for our trip and in particular where/how to get the necessary documents? They tell us to check the requirements for our destination. Why don't they just tell us, based on our booking? 

We would willingly commit to a ferry booking if given guidance about document requirements, and how to obtain them. It seems they can't be bothered, even though it is them that are required to check such documents when we check in. Too much to hope for obviously.

• Like 2

They tell us to check the requirements for our destination. Why don't they just tell us, based on our booking? 

Basically because they are just as much in the dark as their passengers. If they offer what purports to be definitive advice and then get sideswiped by the latest UK/France/Spain changes then passengers will hold them responsible. You can't blame them really. International travel at the moment is a total lottery and intending passengers have to make the gamble themselves as the posts on this forum amply demonstrate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

You didn't mention how many miles you cycled to get those photos but, judging by the second one, not a massive distance! 🤭

Ed

I walked up and down Goat Fell in 9 hours, that's got to be worth something considering I could only walk about 300 metres and relied on a posh stick 2 years ago... gotta luv the drugs maan!

Seriously Ed, changed my life they have. Maybe I'll look at a bike when I get a bit more weight off... down to 137kg now from an original 162kg, target is around 120. Never been light, even when I looked like a condom full of walnuts I was still 115kg.

I like the look of the ones which have tyres as fat as a Suzuki ER 50.

27 minutes ago, jonno said:

I like the look of the ones which have tyres as fat as a Suzuki ER 50

Getting them rolling will certainly get the Kg's off. Skinny and narrow for me. The less rolling resistance and weight the better. I wish I could say the same about me

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BFlongtimefan said:

So is the timing when you board the ferry or when you arrive in the UK?

It is based on the scheduled departure time.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

The legislation says:-

the test sample is taken from the person no more than three days before—

(i)in the case of that person travelling to England on a commercial transport service, the service's scheduled time of departure, 

The guidance says that for a Monday departure anytime on Friday onwards is fine for a test, however, I personally would find it safer to have the test done less than 72 hours before departure time. As Chris mentioned, make sure you check when the lab that processes the tests is open for weekend tests.

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cvabishop said:

Basically because they are just as much in the dark as their passengers. If they offer what purports to be definitive advice and then get sideswiped by the latest UK/France/Spain changes then passengers will hold them responsible. You can't blame them really. International travel at the moment is a total lottery and intending passengers have to make the gamble themselves as the posts on this forum amply demonstrate.

There must be someone who knows the latest requirements! BF could send a runner over to the the little immigration cabins and ask Pierre or Bob what the latest 
ill thought out scheme respective Governments have told them to work to for the day. Get on the blower to Roscoff etc, swap the news. Sorted!

Bish Bosh.

D I Law  and I try to out do each other in "knowing" what the latest garbage is from respective governments are only to trump each other with newer news. Great fun.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, straightfeed said:

There must be someone who knows the latest requirements! BF could send a runner over to the the little immigration cabins and ask Pierre or Bob what the latest 
ill thought out scheme respective Governments have told them to work to for the day. Get on the blower to Roscoff etc, swap the news. Sorted!

Bish Bosh.

D I Law  and I try to out do each other in "knowing" what the latest garbage is from respective governments are only to trump each other with newer news. Great fun.

As has been said, if the information is wrong or changes (highly likely), BF or whichever carrier has given the information will be blamed. Ultimately it is your responsibility as the passenger to check and comply with the entry requirements, the carrier can only do so much.

I don't know what the original question was as there's a lot to read back through. But everyone over the age of 12 requires a negative PCR or Antigen test (no NHS tests) taken within 24 hours of departure.

The exceptions to this are if you are fully vaccinated (7 days since your second jab or 28 if you happen to have a single dose vaccine) or have a certificate of recovery. Evidence of this is required.