Jump to content

PCR test near Carhaix


Recommended Posts

So far Randox has been good. Put in dropbox yesterday, email to say received in Northern Ireland at 4:30 and negative test results at 09:00. I guess that I was lucky as their target service level is midnight and they seem to miss that at times.

Trust Pilot makes an interesting read, generally very bad or very good !

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.randoxhealth.com

Main lessons are order the tests well in advance and make sure that there is a convenient dropbox. The dropboxes are a good idea as they work 7 days a week,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, David Williams said:

So far Randox has been good. Put in dropbox yesterday, email to say received in Northern Ireland at 4:30 and negative test results at 09:00. I guess that I was lucky as their target service level is midnight and they seem to miss that at times.

Trust Pilot makes an interesting read, generally very bad or very good !

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.randoxhealth.com

Main lessons are order the tests well in advance and make sure that there is a convenient dropbox. The dropboxes are a good idea as they work 7 days a week,

Hi David, Where do they normally have "drop boxes"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

So far Randox has been good. Put in dropbox yesterday, email to say received in Northern Ireland at 4:30 and negative test results at 09:00. I guess that I was lucky as their target service level is midnight and they seem to miss that at times.

Trust Pilot makes an interesting read, generally very bad or very good !

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.randoxhealth.com

Main lessons are order the tests well in advance and make sure that there is a convenient dropbox. The dropboxes are a good idea as they work 7 days a week,

Just out of curiosity have you elected for day 5 release. If not why are your day two results important?  or for that matter day eight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IanN said:

Just out of curiosity have you elected for day 5 release. If not why are your day two results important?  or for that matter day eight. 

No we did not bother with going for day 5 test to release, unless you pay for the quick tests then you are not released until day 7 anyway, however all our important - If you do no tests then apart from the possibility of fines you need to isolate for 14 days !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

No we did not bother with going for day 5 test to release, unless you pay for the quick tests then you are not released until day 7 anyway, however all our important - If you do no tests then apart from the possibility of fines you need to isolate for 14 days !

Hi David

 

I was more into why you need the results so quickly it doesn't change anything as long as you have them on day eight. That was the point I was making 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IanN said:

Hi David

 

I was more into why you need the results so quickly it doesn't change anything as long as you have them on day eight. That was the point I was making 

Fair enough, I just like an efficient process. In addition the sample has to reach the lab in 70 hours from being taken and that can be a problem over weekends with some couriers / Royal Mail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Fair enough, I just like an efficient process. In addition the sample has to reach the lab in 70 hours from being taken and that can be a problem over weekends with some couriers / Royal Mail.

Of course but the more we test the more we find and the longer the restrictions will remain. As a very tongue in cheek comment I see that number of positive cases are falling. This is probably due to the number. of testers who have been pinged and cannot work for 10 days 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PCR test in Carhaix taken today. The clinic was very busy but our pre-booked appointments happened on time.

Only one nostril swabbed, so I hope they got it right.  Actually, it was my right nostril !  

Cost for two of us was 99.18€ paid by Visa credit card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

PCR test in Carhaix taken today

It would help if you gave us the name and address and the web address. Also how long it took to get the results.

Is it practical on the way to the ferry at Roscoff?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

Only one nostril swabbed, so I hope they got it right

Yes, the last thing you want is an inconclusive result !

That is why I am a strong believer of Antigen as the results come through in 10 mins and you leave with an official bit of paper. I note a previous comment about an Antigen test being rejected for Ireland, however I don’t believe that they accept any Antigen test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/07/2021 at 21:00, BZH29 said:

https://www.eurofins-biologie-medicale.com/fr/nos-laboratoires/carhaix?utm_source=gmb

Near the centre of Carhaix, we have used them 3 times. Book online through the Doctolib link on the website.

Tests are carried out Monday to Saturday during the lunch hour 12-2pm Results came back (email) the same evening or following morning.

Reservation in advance is essential as it seems they have limited availabilty. Pay with credit card at time of test.

BobCrox, see above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The results from the Saturday midday tests were back by early the same evening.  

Next stage is to book day 2 and 8 tests because the UK rate France as an Amber+ country.

Being double vaccinated and having the NHS certificate to prove it counts for nothing if you are returning from France. The UK have taken exactly the opposite view to that of the French Government. Arriving here in Brittany we did not have to quarantine because were double vaccinated, returning to England we have to buy an expensive package of tests and self isolate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pharmacie Briand on Ave. Victor Hugo in Carhaix will do antigen tests for €25 per test. Quite efficient and well organised. Do the test, nose only, call back a little later and collect the paperwork.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for contributions to this topic. I have contacted the two clinics/pharmacies in Carhaix that people mentioned. One response so far, pretty much what has been outlined elsewhere:

Eurofins laboratory provides PCR tests, bookable online 7 days before your desired test date. If you have a French address the cost is €35 approx (€45 otherwise). Results available online within 24 hours.

So that's one response and it makes me more confident about booking ferry tickets for mid-September. However, another topic seems to imply that BF has cut its Plymouth - Roscoff crossings up to 31st October.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, TopCat2 said:

However, another topic seems to imply that BF has cut its Plymouth - Roscoff crossings up to 31st October.

Amorique is cancelled just leaving PA. At present those booked on Amorique will be transferring bookings  to PA so watch the prices !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most pharmacies are doing antigen tests, results in 15 minutes. Heavily booked last week but no problems now. Look at the santé.fr site we have talked about several times, choose département, antigen test, and you will have list of pharmacies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A word of caution. Its obviously high season.  Eurofins in Carhaix had no appointments available this Saturday for PCR tests.

They sold out more than a week in advance Nothing available at their other local labs either. 

I believe BF accept a certificate for a lateral flow / antigen test, but that isn’t good enough for the hospital appointment  in Carhaix that Mme BZH has on Tuesday.

Eurofins suggested we find a local nurse to carry out the test but that sounded too chancy so we are driving the 55km to Chateaulin.

Incidentally you have to show your Double Vaccination certificate with the QR and have it scanned just to get through the door at the hospital.

If you need a PCR, book early !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BZH29 said:

A word of caution. Its obviously high season.  Eurofins in Carhaix had no appointments available this Saturday for PCR tests.

They sold out more than a week in advance Nothing available at their other local labs either. 

I believe BF accept a certificate for a lateral flow / antigen test, but that isn’t good enough for the hospital appointment  in Carhaix that Mme BZH has on Tuesday.

Eurofins suggested we find a local nurse to carry out the test but that sounded too chancy so we are driving the 55km to Chateaulin.

Incidentally you have to show your Double Vaccination certificate with the QR and have it scanned just to get through the door at the hospital.

If you need a PCR, book early !

If they demand to see your proof of vaccination then I'd demand to see theirs too, and that includes from the person checking you at the door all the way through to the anaesthetist and surgeon. Two can play this game.

Ed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Antigen tests today at the pharmacie in Marigny (Manche) Euros 25 a pop and the certificate done in about 30 minutes. Very busy, but maybe a lot is just to do with the normal Monday morning run on the pharmacie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

Antigen tests today at the pharmacie in Marigny (Manche) Euros 25 a pop and the certificate done in about 30 minutes. Very busy, but maybe a lot is just to do with the normal Monday morning run on the pharmacie.

As of this morning anyone who's unvaccinated needs a negative test to go to work in one of a number of public-contact jobs. There are likely to be a lot of people seeking tests for the next few weeks.

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

As of this morning anyone who's unvaccinated needs a negative test to go to work in one of a number of public-contact jobs. There are likely to be a lot of people seeking tests for the next few weeks.

Ed

Ah, that may well expalin the rush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...