Why can't disabled bookings be amended online?

Hiya, first post here!

Just a bit of a rant really. I'm booked on the Galicia for tomorrow and been checking the club lounge regularly for availability, finally 2 slots open up and I'm waiting 70 minutes on hold until I get kicked off because they've closed for the day :)) 

Why is there no online amendments? Or possibly a dedicated phone line to compensate for this.

4 hours ago, alev26 said:

Hiya, first post here!

Just a bit of a rant really. I'm booked on the Galicia for tomorrow and been checking the club lounge regularly for availability, finally 2 slots open up and I'm waiting 70 minutes on hold until I get kicked off because they've closed for the day :)) 

Why is there no online amendments? Or possibly a dedicated phone line to compensate for this.

Welcome to Brittany Ferries

• Haha 1

Hi,

Welcome.

Years ago I found that booking "disabled" rather screwed us for amending things on line. So I booked a non disabled ticket (allowing me greater flexibility.
Then nearer the time I ring up asking to be put nearer the lifts. Fine, "see what they can do etc "but cant be certain we will get near the lifts they warn.  Never had a problem, always helped by the loading staff.

Ringing up is a bit of a non existant pastime at the mo until all this covid thing passes.

We dont bother with a "disabled" ticket now. We cope ok.

23 hours ago, alev26 said:

Hiya, first post here!

The idea is to make sure that your new sailing is suitable for your needs and that you can be carried safely and comfortably. And to ensure that any arrangements made can be carried over to the new sailing. For most people and with most ships now it's not so much an issue as it's simply mobility issues. But others needs may be more complex.

That's the idea.