Condor Ferries Sailing Updates

Manannan

Condor Voyager Services Cancelled between Poole/St Helier/St Malo on the 29/30 July. 

Condor Liberation Services Amended to cover St Helier/Poole Services on 30/31 July and, surprisingly, not much coverage... I wonder why? I can only imagine the outcry and complaints if Voyager, aka the mighty Cat, was being amended to cover Liberation, aka Liability, if she had Technical Problems.

In all seriousness Condor Voyager hasn't been very reliable since her arrival. I assume she was laid up cold last year. 

Probably a combination of her being laid up for nearly two years and they are pushing her too hard. Must remember she's been running at a reduced speed for so many years. Last time I went on her as NEX she was reaching 33knots max and Condor run her at 40 whenever possible.

Got to admit I find it amusing - NEX was meant to b the answer to all their prayers, and she is, at the end of the day, doing precisely the same as Lib.   Knew this would be the case, she has her own foibles as well.

More disruption for 31.07.21. Condor Voyager St Malo-St Helier cancelled. This evenings JE-FR is cancelled, so Voyager starts tomorrow in St Helier. Voyager will then operate the rest of her schedule on 31.07.21 as planned, though on reduced power and with extended crossing times. 

I'd be really interested to know what the problem is with Voyager, though Condor are keeping it a secret. I don't think Condor are overworking her, I think she's more capable of exceeding 40kns due to the extreme tides of the region. 

At this rate that facebook group will be renamed 'Condor Voyager and Condor Ferries - Good and Bad' 😉

At the moment Libby is in St Peter Port, Musketeer is also there and Clipper is just heading in. Not sure why clipper has taken from 0949 to 1930 to do a 6 hour trip. She would normally be arriving in Jersey now. 

1 hour ago, Manannan said:

More disruption for 31.07.21. Condor Voyager St Malo-St Helier cancelled. This evenings JE-FR is cancelled, so Voyager starts tomorrow in St Helier. Voyager will then operate the rest of her schedule on 31.07.21 as planned, though on reduced power and with extended crossing times. 

I'd be really interested to know what the problem is with Voyager, though Condor are keeping it a secret. I don't think Condor are overworking her, I think she's more capable of exceeding 40kns due to the extreme tides of the region. 

At this rate that facebook group will be renamed 'Condor Voyager and Condor Ferries - Good and Bad' 😉

Is the Good and Bad group still going then, they must have gone round in more circles than we ever did on THAT Barfy  thread, must be going into overdrive if the perfect NEX is not doing the business..🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, adicat said:

At the moment Libby is in St Peter Port, Musketeer is also there and Clipper is just heading in. Not sure why clipper has taken from 0949 to 1930 to do a 6 hour trip. She would normally be arriving in Jersey now. 

I've been sat in Jersey when clipper has been later than this. She was supposed to arrive at around 7pm but didn't arrive until 10pm. We didn't get off at Portsmouth until about 8am and that was with the JSY - GSY leg cancelled because of the delay...

1 hour ago, tecnosam6 said:

I've seen on twitter that people were told by text that today's Libby sailing was delayed with last checkin at 17:30 but she departed at 15:40. 

If true, that looks like a serious error. However, Condor Voyager 1530 Poole-St Helier is delayed until 2000. Condor Liberation 1415 Poole-St Peter Port was delayed until 1530 and an addition GU-JE-GU added. I think this guy is simply confused, and he'll be on Voyager at 2000. If he was booked on a 1530 Poole-CI Sailing, he was never going to Guernsey. 

1 hour ago, adicat said:

Because Commodore Clipper has also suffered from a Technical Issue and is operating with a 3 Hour Delay. This will continue until tomorrow, with the 0900 PM-GU-JE Delayed until 1145 and now operating PM-JE-GU due to tidal constraints.