The old "sailing full" routine.

15 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Isn't Pont Aven timetabled on St Malo from 1st November anyway? Last time I checked she was down for the winter cover. 

At the moment, yes, however we haven't had the announcement linked to the following CEO extract yet.

"The profound impact of this summer of mixed messages has been very bad for everyone involved in the business. I’m afraid it means there will be further consolidations to our schedules for this autumn and winter. As soon as plans are confirmed, we will be in touch if you are among those likely to be affected."

Surprise, surprise

Poole Cherbourg is showing as sailing full in October

Amorique on Pymouth Roscoff is showing as sailing full in September and October

Presumably that is Bretagne and Barfleur not coming back for a while.

Edited by David Williams

18 hours ago, David Williams said:

Surprise, surprise

PA is still showing Ply-Rosc as accepting bookings to end of October

1 minute ago, colinschandler said:

PA is still showing Ply-Rosc as accepting bookings to end of October

I am sure that will stay, the point was that Amorique will not be joining her as planned which is likely to mean that she will stay in St Malo for a bit longer and Bretagne can continue resting.

The next interesting question is whether, when PA completes her Plymouth session this year, her destination is St Malo or Le LHavre !

Posted (edited)

Yes, I saw that Oct. had gone too. Booking available from March 29th 2022. For now.

I know these are difficult times, but is it really not possible for BF to update their so called 'sailing updates' web page, which still says;

Poole to Cherbourg / Cherbourg to Poole

Passenger sailings resume from 13 September 2021 until November 2022.

?

And to add insult to injury, the page also shows; Information correct as of: 14/08/2021 at 12:30 p.m

Edited by Mitchell32
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I am sure that will stay, the point was that Amorique will not be joining her as planned which is likely to mean that she will stay in St Malo for a bit longer and Bretagne can continue resting.

The next interesting question is whether, when PA completes her Plymouth session this year, her destination is St Malo or Le LHavre !

When I looked yesterday, I am sure Arm was still showing as returning mid September. Randox et al have a lot to answer for!

Just made a test booking on PA out on 17th Sept back 26th and  was amazed to find the price was now about 60% of what it was when I checked the same crossing a few weeks ago. Perhaps BF are trying to drum up business with the snowbirds to keep the route open until end Oct as planned. The reduction in fare will now cover the cost of testing which may even also have gone down by then with the system appearing to be crashing in tatters. We are checking our diaries and will book today - so Brittany and the pelouse/tondeuse hear we come! May even be able to fit another trip in for October to collect a little Chriistmas fare from the red bus.

Edited by colinschandler

10 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

Just made a test booking on PA out on 17th Sept back 26th and  was amazed to find the price was now about 60% of what it was when I checked the same crossing a few weeks ago.

Book asap as the price is likely to go up when some of the Amorique bookings are moved across. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mitchell32 said:

Yes, I saw that Oct. had gone too. Booking available from March 29th 2022. For now.

I know these are difficult times, but is it really not possible for BF to update their so called 'sailing updates' web page, which still says;

Poole to Cherbourg / Cherbourg to Poole

Passenger sailings resume from 13 September 2021 until November 2022.

?

And to add insult to injury, the page also shows; Information correct as of: 14/08/2021 at 12:30 p.m

I don't think that te Sailing Updates page has been changed for months. Plymouth - Roscoff jstill ust shows "Passenger sailings resume from 6 June 2021"

12 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

I don't think that te Sailing Updates page has been changed for months. Plymouth - Roscoff jstill ust shows "Passenger sailings resume from 6 June 2021"

33 minutes ago, Mitchell32 said:

I know these are difficult times

Due to  Covid is now the standard excuse for poor service everywhere. It is no longer acceptable!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IanN said:

Due to  Covid is now the standard excuse for poor service everywhere. It is no longer acceptable!

I agree, it's wearing a bit thin now, especially after all this time for buisnesses to adapt and modify their practices.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Book asap as the price is likely to go up when some of the Amorique bookings are moved across. 

As always, wise counsel from your good self David. 👍

My bank account is now £190 lighter (risked the Economy fare) but I think a bargain for 8 full days in France at Chez Breton, with 2 day crossings on the PA for car and 2 pax including 4 berth outside cabins each way. A saving of £156 thanks to my CV extension which, as my original expiry was 31 Dec 2020, means I've effectively had a years free membership. Thus I guess I could say I've saved £232 altogether! 😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mitchell32 said:

I agree, it's wearing a bit thin now, especially after all this time for buisnesses to adapt and modify their practices.

Condor Ferries are insisting on every onboard payment being made by card. Duty free, bar and cafe purchases are all concerned. This includes a rather optimistic £5 (and some pence which I've forgotten) for a cup of tea and a croissant with jam. 

Ed

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Condor Ferries are insisting on every onboard payment being made by card. Duty free, bar and cafe purchases are all concerned. This includes a rather optimistic £5 (and some pence which I've forgotten) for a cup of tea and a croissant with jam. 

Ed

When paying on BF, make sure that you pay the sterling price, their euro price factors in a very poor on board exchange rate.

Edited by colinschandler

3 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

When using your card on BF, make sure that you pay in sterling, their euro price factors in avery poor exchange rate.

£5 for a cup of tea and a croissant with jam is a pretty poor exchange too.

Ed

42 minutes ago, Mitchell32 said:

Of course you need to add the other now oft quoted excuses ;

Empty supermarket shelves due to lack of HGV drivers.

Trains, Buses, Scottish and IOW ferries, Refuse collection and other businesses etc having to cut back, cancel or close due to Pingdemic

It is stange however that most pubs, Premier League football, Night clubs, several festivals, Anti vaxing protests, Cornwall's superspreading, litter leaving, gas sniffing  50.000 visitors to Boardmasters and the like have managed to carry on unaffected.

• Like 3

On 13/08/2021 at 17:50, David Williams said:

Surprise, surprise

I tweeted BF yesterday, regarding my trip in Feb. Jane responded to say that it was to early to confirm definitive winter cancellations.

37 minutes ago, jamess said:

I tweeted BF yesterday, regarding my trip in Feb. Jane responded to say that it was to early to confirm definitive winter cancellations.

It is going to depend on the level of bookings for the winter, you will get plenty of notice & there will always be one ship running to Caen and one a week to Cherbourg.

7 hours ago, Mitchell32 said:

Plus the excuses for requiring 90 minute check in are pretty thin now with no special loading arrangements. I see Newhaven- Diepoe is 45 minutes.

• Like 3

I'm booked from Cork > Roscoff on 18 September (PA) , returning on 21 September (Armorique) and I see that the return sailing is showing full and Ouest France is reporting that the Armorique isn't moving to Roscoff.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/roscoff-29680/brittany-ferries-l-armorique-n-effectuera-pas-de-rotations-au-depart-de-roscoff-a-l-automne-2021-3819db00-ff3b-11eb-88c9-1c9bf72a8f72

30 minutes ago, des said:

I'm booked from Cork > Roscoff on 18 September (PA) , returning on 21 September (Armorique) and I see that the return sailing is showing full and Ouest France is reporting that the Armorique isn't moving to Roscoff.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/roscoff-29680/brittany-ferries-l-armorique-n-effectuera-pas-de-rotations-au-depart-de-roscoff-a-l-automne-2021-3819db00-ff3b-11eb-88c9-1c9bf72a8f72

Sadly this is true, Armorique will not be returning to Roscoff on 17th Sept as previously planned. PA is still showing 2 return trips a week until end October.

We only have the rip-off testing requirements, even for fully vaccinated passengers, to blame for this.

Edited by colinschandler

26 minutes ago, colinschandler said:

We only have the rip-off testing requirements, even for fully vaccinated passengers, to blame for this.

To a point yes but people were not traveling before the testing requirement.. I suggest the fear campaign has had a much greater impact. Also ministers who said travel is for essential purposes only did not help. Only later to be found absent in Cyprus 😒

Edited by IanN

3 minutes ago, IanN said:

To a point yes but people were not traveling before the testing requirement.. I suggest the fear campaign has had a much greater impact. Also ministers who said travel is for essential purposes only did not help. Only later to be found absent in Cyprus 😒

It's certainly the testing that has been putting us off this year as quarrantine is not a problem for us, both having been retired for many years. We went over last June and October during the lockdown windows. Although we had to quarrantine, we did not have make donations to profiteerring testing labs. We have however now bit the bullet, and with the much lower late summer fares, will putting foot on French soil in September, for the first time since last October

• Like 1