The old "sailing full" routine.

You have got me intrigued what is an Avatar? Google definition a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher. I cannot for the life of me think what it is I will think about it all day

Ian

4 minutes ago, IanN said:

You have got me intrigued what is an Avatar? Google definition a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher. I cannot for the life of me think what it is I will think about it all day

Ian

It means the little picture she uses to represent herself on the forum.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(disambiguation)

Yours is simply the letter 'I' as you haven't selected any specific, personal image and mine is a sailing boat.

Ed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It means the little picture she uses to represent herself on the forum.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(disambiguation)

Yours is simply the letter 'I' as you haven't selected any specific, personal image and mine is a sailing boat.

Ed

Well  I thought I knew everything 😀 Proven wrong as usual. Thanks I would never have got that.

Ian

19 hours ago, Khaines said:

I’d want Barfleur’s ORIGINAL illuminated sign in my avatar - only problem is, probably scrapped..😂

I'd go along with that and also a photo of the old Armorique's bar! I remember it well!!  What an incredible ship she was to BF.

Those were the days.......................

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/08/2021 at 21:52, quibby said:

I may be wrong but last time I checked, Armorique is down to cover Plymouth-Roscoff until the end of October (unlikely to actually happen?) then one week on Portsmouth-Le Havre/Bilbao early November covering Cotentin and then nothing until March. Even the Normandie's refit on Portsmouth-Caen is down to be covered by Barfleur so Armorique is technically free for St Malo this winter?

I see that December crossings by Normandie are shown as "Sailing Full" - does that mean that there is no cover for the refits does anyone know, please?

47 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I see that December crossings by Normandie are shown as "Sailing Full" - does that mean that there is no cover for the refits does anyone know, please?

I'm not sure we've had any refit information so far this year. It would seem that Armorique is covering on St Malo for most of the winter so it may mean that Ouistreham is down to a one-ship operation. 

Ed

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

The freight schedules still show Normandie operating a full service through the winter. Its probable though, as in previous years, that Normandie will operate as a freight only service (with much reduced crew and costs)  the Mont only carrying passengers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paully said:

The freight schedules still show Normandie operating a full service through the winter. Its probable though, as in previous years, that Normandie will operate as a freight only service (with much reduced crew and costs)  the Mont only carrying passengers.

I have been advised that that is what is happening by BF

• Thanks 1